Inflatable Pool for Infant

I've read in various postings that many people with a non-potty trained infant bring a small inflatable pool. The smallest we were able to find was 42 inches in diameter. Is this too big? From the 2 cruises I've been on, I know space is at a premium. Thanks.

I've read in various postings that many people with a non-potty trained infant bring a small inflatable pool. The smallest we were able to find was 42 inches in diameter. Is this too big? From the 2 cruises I've been on, I know space is at a premium. Thanks.

You are really looking for an inflatable bathtub, not an actual inflatable pool. The one most people get is the inflatable duck tub.

Seriously, why pick on the kids for this? If you expect to use public pool facilities on a ship with several thousand people, and don't think somebody isn't taking a leak in the pool, I have a wonderful can't lose investment opportunity for you.

Amen - totally agree

seriously, why pick on the kids for this? If you expect to use public pool facilities on a ship with several thousand people, and don't think somebody isn't taking a leak in the pool, i have a wonderful can't lose investment opportunity for you.

Seriously, why pick on the kids for this? If you expect to use public pool facilities on a ship with several thousand people, and don't think somebody isn't taking a leak in the pool, I have a wonderful can't lose investment opportunity for you.

And if you go into the ocean, aren't all the sea creatures making #1's and #2's in the water?

How right you are!!!!!:eek:

This is what we used on Enchantment. [ATTACH]282921[/ATTACH]

Thank you. That's exactly what we are going to get for our little one, who will turn one on our cruise on the Explorer. To echo the sentiment of a previous comment, on ships and at resorts there are always those adults who never leave the pool and their spouses/significant other constantly bring them beers and frozen concoctions. I wonder where their number 1s are going. Even with the inflatable duck, we are still going to use swim diapers. Thankfully, our 3 1/2 year old is fully potty trained and he can't wait "to go in the pool on the big boat!"

We brought the inflatable duck when our son was 23 months old. NOT to use by the pool, but to give him baths in the cabin. We did it for one cruise and never again. The hassle was not worth it.

Personally, we though that bringing the duck up to the pool deck would've been an inconvenience and a lack of consideration, not only for us , but for our fellow cruisers. Pool decks on cruise ships have limited space without an inflatable duck making it even more limited.

Edited by Tapi

We dumped (no pun intended) the water in a drain by the pool showers.

Exactly what we did - and used the inflatable bath tub for bathing - the bath tub size fit very well between our loungers - note-loungers were not directly in front of the pool area

Sweet....note to self don't enjoy the pool showers because some people dump their child urine soaked water into the drain.:eek::eek::eek:

Lighten up!:eek:

Thank you. That's exactly what we are going to get for our little one, who will turn one on our cruise on the Explorer. To echo the sentiment of a previous comment, on ships and at resorts there are always those adults who never leave the pool and their spouses/significant other constantly bring them beers and frozen concoctions. I wonder where their number 1s are going. Even with the inflatable duck, we are still going to use swim diapers. Thankfully, our 3 1/2 year old is fully potty trained and he can't wait "to go in the pool on the big boat!"

Thank you for being one of the concerned parents who ask in advance and bring something like this for your little tot :D I always applaud parents like you.

Yes, the duck tub works and on the Family Board here at CC other posters have found VERY small pools that is as small as the duck tub and fits perfectly in the shower in your cabin so it doubles as a bath tub. Some toddlers were afraid of the duck ;)

And instead of the shower (that has been known to eek out the posters here) - ask the crew members for a janitor sink if there is one nearby. (Of course tip them if they aid you at all) And we are only talking about a couple of sand buckets full of water. Not 100 gallons.

And the PERFECT place for the pool on Explorer is at Adventure Beach. It's a small children area. Your 3 year old can swim there and you can keep an eye on that child while your 1 year old splashes in the inflatable.

Have a great cruise!

Edited by crusinmama06

There are other inflatable tubs this size out there, if you want to avoid the duck (which quacks and scared the $&^@ out of my kid). The duck one is at Target. Walmart has a Disney one for $10. It will fit right between your chairs. Have a great cruise!:)

Do you REALLY think kids that are able to swim in the pool aren't peeing in it?? Or adults?! Come on.

I'm thinking... Yes. Kids and some adults pee in the pools.

I know of no way to prevent this.

The adults probably don't poop in the pool.

Probably the best thing would be to put some kind of dye marker in the infant diaper in order to alarm when a leak has occurred.

Here's the thing..

The cruise line has rules about infants in diapers in pools. If you have an infant peeing and pooping in a plastic baby pool and then you empty the filthy water into one of the many pool water drains, you are simply delaying the contamination.

Sweet....note to self don't enjoy the pool showers because some people dump their child urine soaked water into the drain.:eek::eek::eek:

How does anyone "enjoy" pool showers anyway? They seem mostly to be a necessary but unpleasant part of the experience to begin with.

As for the rest, that's at least an area of near constant rinsing. And you don't wanna know what happens in hot tubs.

Wear your flip flops into the shower, if it freaks you out! Urine isn't the problem....it's fecal accidents that puts some nasty germs into the water! That's the reason for "no diapers" in the pools.

Certainly not advocating peeing in the pools, by the way.....I don't know about you, but I can drink quite a few drinks without feeling the need to empty my bladder! So, don't assume that someone is doing that because you don't see them heading to the restroom after every drink!

You don't want to empty the tub into the pools...but into a floor drain or shower drain is fine.