Price Drop for SA Cabins???

CruiseWhere

Just curious to know if SA cabins ever drop in price after final payment.

DH and I are thinking of doing a Caribbean Cruise in Oct or Nov and seeing as so many ships have quite a bit of availability for SA cabins wondering if and or when they might if ever drop:confused:

Just curious to know if SA cabins ever drop in price after final payment.

DH and I are thinking of doing a Caribbean Cruise in Oct or Nov and seeing as so many ships have quite a bit of availability for SA cabins wondering if and or when they might if ever drop:confused:

Where do you see how many cabins remain unsold? Thnx. Also, how many price drops on unsold cabins are then taken up by the HAL "Friends and Family" employee cruise program. Do they get the first shot at these? https://book.hollandamerica.com/view/familyFriends/applicationForm.jsp

Where do you see how many cabins remain unsold? Thnx. Also, how many price drops on unsold cabins are then taken up by the HAL "Friends and Family" employee cruise program. Do they get the first shot at these?

Go to the HAL website and you can get a pretty good idea (as if you are going to book) to see the actual cabins available.

Where do you see how many cabins remain unsold? Thnx. Also, how many price drops on unsold cabins are then taken up by the HAL "Friends and Family" employee cruise program. Do they get the first shot at these? https://book.hollandamerica.com/view/familyFriends/applicationForm.jsp

Bolding is mine - I highly doubt they get first dibs on these cabins. Firstly they are not available on this programme on all sailings (yes, I looked at the pdf).

Secondly, they normally do upsells to existing passengers. Now, I don't know if they are offered to Friends and Family and they may well be. but somehow, I think is someone has a discounted cruise (sort of like interline) the upsell offers will go those who paid higher prices first.

Just my best guess though.

Since 1995 we have had one price drop on a SA, so that should tell you how often that happens, like never.:(

Must have missed that one. :D Over that same time we've seen zero but our focus for all those years was mostly January through March, to coincide with birthdays and our wedding anniversary, and mostly in the Caribbean....pretty much "high" season with a lot of demand. We also only cruise R and S class ships, with one exception, so the number/selection of cabins has always been lower.

The cruises I have been on, for the smaller HAL ships, the number of S cabins is fairly limited and they seem to sell out before sailing, so few price drops, but maybe now with the new Sa and SB cabins we will see some SB price drops.

On the larger ships, HAL seems to want to hold the prices firm on the SAs and SBs, but does drop the price on the SCs (and then go to guarantees).

DaveOKC

Archived