Specialty resturant deals

woodyren

Trying to plan and budget as far as possible for our upcoming holidays.

I have read quite a bit about the specialty restaurants on board the 4 ships we are sailing on and also that they at times have deals for these. eg 2 for 1.

Does this happen on all ships?

How do you find out about the specials?

Do you have to pounce on them quickly because there are limited numbers of bookings?

Any other info would be appreciated as the more bargains I can find the more I can squeeze out of our budget.

Wow! How exciting to be going on four different cruise lines in a row!

I can't answer all your questions but as to the first one -- No, all ships do not have specials. My last two cruises did not have any specials on the specialty restaurants.

Have a great time on your four cruises!

We are not really into the speciality restaurants but that being said, would tell you that on some cruise lines, there are specials on the first night of a cruise.

Specials are usually advertised in the daily bulletin/newsletter you get in the cabin. How quickly the book up, don't know.

Celebrity offers 20% discount on embarkation night.

At dinner that night, the maitre d' approached my table between every course offering to repeat the discount if I booked an additional night.

Throughout the cruise he would be at a table set up near the buffet or (on port days) at the top of the gangway; the cost of any remaining available reservations for that evening was very much negotiable.

Some lines have special offers while most don't.

Keith

That is why it would be better to go to the forums for the ships you are going on and ask there. We sail on Oceania and they have no charge for the special restaurants. but one must makee reservations. I have not seen any specials on Princess.

Archived