Is "Pick Your Perk" coming back? (Returning Aug 30th)

Richiebaseball

I wonder if it's coming back soon? ;)

Who knows? If it was successful it might. Largely depends on how the cruise sales are going. There is usually one type of promotion or another. Watch for Labor Day Specials. They will be followed by halloween spooktacular sales.

It is hard to tell. I started a thread about if it made people sail more and it appears as if most don't really care or persuaded them to book a cruise. :confused:

All I can say is that it made me book more cruises than I would have.

I guess the final verdict is the bottom line for Celebrity. The response or opinions of the few that participate on this forum or that thread compared to the numbers that cruise on Celebrity wouldn't qualify as a good sample.

Yes it is...August 30th - October 6. I went on a Summit ship inspection this past weekend and they gave us the information. It is going to be a choice of 4 perks (bev package, OBC, gratuities or some rebate for cabin when booking choice air).

Hold onto your hats! :-) It's listed to be good on 4 night plus caribbean, europe, bermuda, alaska and pacific coastal cruises and cruisetours from Nov 2013 to December 2014.

As always, it's only applicable with certain price codes (FST, TR, GRPX) but we all know how this goes....people have rebooked into higher price codes to get the deal if it's made financial sense for them.

I for one am looking forward to this as I couldn't use 123Go on my October sailing as I had used a FCC and it wasn't combinable.

If this is true I'll definitely be booking an Eastern Med cruise for May. The prices have already gone down $400 p/p in the last couple of weeks. IF the price stays the same and we can get a "perk" it'd be a fairly good deal.

Do you know if it might be offered on the 23 day Transpacific on the Century, Sept. 2014.

Since it didn't list out any "trans" cruises, my guess would be no - but that's only a guess at this point. The areas I listed are all that the flyer included. I think they typically list those out separately when they are included.

As for the person asking for the explanation of the price codes, it's really only something your travel agent will have access to (or X if you booked direct). It has to do with the pricing group that you were booked into when you made the booking. For example I was originally in GRPX when i booked my May 2014 cruise, but this past weekend in order to get a price drop, i moved to FST (fivestar).

Your agent will be able to tell what you're booked under by looknig at your reservation.

BBSails - It states the offer is applicable to oceanview or higher.

It's definitely legit I just got the offer off their booking engine. It does state bookings from August 30 through October 6, but hopefully they will do as they have in the past and honor the perks on existing bookings. We will see!

If this is true I'll definitely be booking an Eastern Med cruise for May. The prices have already gone down $400 p/p in the last couple of weeks. IF the price stays the same and we can get a "perk" it'd be a fairly good deal.

YAY! :D Will they also have a Pick 2 like they did the last time? I believe it was for European cruises, longer cruises, or maybe those booking a Suite. I cannot recall.

Grpx is a group price code only available if your TP booked you in a group. Tr is a cruise tour price code. Fstar is a basic price code. They are price codes just like SE for senior rates or RE for resident rates. Your price codes that start w/ grpx and fst are the most combinable;)

YAY! :D Will they also have a Pick 2 like they did the last time? I believe it was for European cruises, longer cruises, or maybe those booking a Suite. I cannot recall.

I have the link at work to the new promo but I don't remember being able to pick 2 for Europe.

Re Unfortunately the fine print does indeed state US and Canada only.

Does the fine print say residents or US & Canada bookings?

Tx

In all the previous cases where I wasn't able to grab one of these promo offers it clearly stated "US and Canadian citizens". Sometimes, if we're very lucky, a promotion gets extended to international bookings, too.

It has also gotten much harder to use a US travel agent - in one of the big online agencies I have sometimes used you get re-directed to an international booking site if you don't have a US address, losing some of the offered OBC or other perks.

Archived