Is "Pick Your Perk" coming back? (Returning Aug 30th)

Richiebaseball

Do you if they will allow us to pay to upgrade the classic to premium?

From the attached flyer:

Premium Beverage Package upgrade available for an additional charge of $10 per person, per day plus $1.50 beverage gratuity per person, per day by contacting Celebrity Cruises.

Yes it is...August 30th - October 6. I went on a Summit ship inspection this past weekend and they gave us the information. It is going to be a choice of 4 perks (bev package, OBC, gratuities or some rebate for cabin when booking choice air).

Hold onto your hats! :-) It's listed to be good on 4 night plus caribbean, europe, bermuda, alaska and pacific coastal cruises and cruisetours from Nov 2013 to December 2014.

As always, it's only applicable with certain price codes (FST, TR, GRPX) but we all know how this goes....people have rebooked into higher price codes to get the deal if it's made financial sense for them.

I for one am looking forward to this as I couldn't use 123Go on my October sailing as I had used a FCC and it wasn't combinable.

Great News. I booked a Bermuda cruise on the summit a few weeks ago for next August. I was told IF they offer the 123 Go package for Bermuda in the future it would be combinable with my current reservation.

Will alert my TA. Thanks

Did the Birdie tell you if the 12 day med on the Sihlouette will be included? We are booked in an AQ under the cc upgrade but were considering buying the premium package so if the price went up some but we got the classic that would be worth it to me as with tip the premium will run us around $1400 also how does it work to buy up the difference. Do we have to cancel and rebook or can it all just get adjusted? On a 12 day will one get to pick two?

Last time around it was adjusted and you didn't need to cancel. Not sure about this one. Be aware that if you change to include the alcohol package, your pricing will change but you will also lose OBC that you had been given (at least through Celebrity)

When the 123 was announced before for our TA this year, the prices rose within the week before the perk was offered. As we bought with the CC early pricing and OBC, it would have cost us nearly as much to change and buy the package as prices had rise within the week before the offer (by $400 upwards.) Not worth losing those CC benefits since we rarely drink alcohol)

Not sure how sound the info is from a well-known on-line TA, but was told that drink package perks would no longer be offered on TA's. My feeling is there are so many sea days on those cruises that Celebrity didn't make nearly as much money as they would on port heavy shorter cruises.

From the attached flyer:

Premium Beverage Package upgrade available for an additional charge of $10 per person, per day plus $1.50 beverage gratuity per person, per day by contacting Celebrity Cruises.

Excellent thank you it will definitely save us money even of the price goes up. We only have one sea day out of the 12 on the ship but I like not having to think about what I am spending when on vacation and try to prepay everything I can

The new Celebrity " Pick Your Perk " on cruises booked from Aug 30 thru Oct. 6 will this include trans Atlantics and Trans Pacific repositioning like San Francisco to Sydney Sept 16 ,2014 also called Golden Gate to Opera House Cruise ???????????

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/Multi_Dest/Special_Offers/13035352_CEL_PYP_Offer.pdf

Alaska, Bermuda, Europe, Pacific Coast or Caribbean

Sailings departing Nov. '13 - Dec. '14

Must book Aug. 30 - Oct. 6, 2013

U. S. & Canada residents only

Oceanview and higher staterooms

Price programs FST (Fivestar), Group X (GRPX) and Cruisetour (TR) only

Cannot be combined with any other Offer, Promotion, price program including, but not limited to, Exciting Deals, Resident, Senior, Category Specials, Category GTY, employee, travel agent, interline, Travelzoo or any discounted rate.

May choose one of four options - Choice Air, Beverage Pkg., Gratuities, OBC

Other thread on this subject is located here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1901159

I would still like to know if it will apply to Sep 2014 transfer pacific from San Francisco to Sydney ? ? And if so can my TA get it for me ?

Promo says Alaska, Bermuda, Europe, Pacific Coast & Caribbean only! So, based on that, I would say your SF to Sydney cruise is not covered under this promo.

Why don't you just get in touch with your TA and have them get the definitive answer for you???

Did the Birdie tell you if the 12 day med on the Sihlouette will be included? We are booked in an AQ under the cc upgrade but were considering buying the premium package so if the price went up some but we got the classic that would be worth it to me as with tip the premium will run us around $1400 also how does it work to buy up the difference. Do we have to cancel and rebook or can it all just get adjusted? On a 12 day will one get to pick two?

It is on there for 2014:) classic for a 12 night w/ grats is 1214.40/cabin. Premium is 1490.40 w/ grats/cabin without promo. To upgrade to premium it with promo would be 138.00/pp for the cruise (11.50/pp/pd).

With the premium you'll only pay the diff if your drink goes over the premium 12 limit. With classic if your over the 5/8 limit you'll pay full price for your drink.

Cancel and rebook is tricky. That you'll have to have your TA look into. There are too many variables that can determine that:(

Cancel and rebook is tricky. That you'll have to have your TA look into. There are too many variables that can determine that:(

If you have an existing booking, and the promo is applicable to your voyage, your choices are:

• Refare your voyage to the lowest applicable prevailing rate for your cabin category - must be FiveStar (i.e. normal, non discounted rate) or a CruiseTour rate etc. Seniors, Resident rates not combinable
  • If the prevailing rate is higher, you'll need to do the math on whether it's worthwhile to upgrade
  • You can keep your current cabin, but your fare code is repriced
  • If you refare onto new rate and take Pick Your Perk, you will forfeit any previously added OBCs or other promos from Celebrity
  • TA provided amenities are usually still in place but confirm with your TA

Disappointing that Exotics (Aus & NZ, Asia, Panama Canal, South America etc.) are excluded.

If you have an existing booking, and the promo is applicable to your voyage, your choices are:

• Refare your voyage to the lowest applicable prevailing rate for your cabin category - must be FiveStar (i.e. normal, non discounted rate) or a CruiseTour rate etc. Seniors, Resident rates not combinable
  • If the prevailing rate is higher, you'll need to do the math on whether it's worthwhile to upgrade
  • You can keep your current cabin, but your fare code is repriced
  • If you refare onto new rate and take Pick Your Perk, you will forfeit any previously added OBCs or other promos from Celebrity
  • TA provided amenities are usually still in place but confirm with your TA

Disappointing that Exotics (Aus & NZ, Asia, Panama Canal, South America etc.) are excluded.

Depends if the TA has guest booked in group space or not

Hi Cynbar,

As long as the lower rate is a five star rate (or one of the other applicable rates) you should be able to keep the promotion. I hope this helps !

Same for GRPX or only FST?

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Can you explain that a little more please?

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Either the TA can get the new FST rate added to the group if it's still open for booking, or if not the client can choose to reprice outside of the group environment, in which case possibly any TA amenities may be withdrawn or modified.

Either way you should still be able to choose to get the Pick Your Perk no problem if you're happy with the prevailing rate.

This might not be true from what an Eclipse passenger mentioned on my roll call. She was told that the OBC she got on the FCC would be combinable with a future Pick Your Perk type thing - so this is about to get really interesting if that information holds up! She was told this by a FCC on the cruise ship when she was booking.

This might not be true from what an Eclipse passenger mentioned on my roll call. She was told that the OBC she got on the FCC would be combinable with a future Pick Your Perk type thing - so this is about to get really interesting if that information holds up! She was told this by a FCC on the cruise ship when she was booking.

If she booked a RESERVED Passage on her cruise, then she would be correct. With that she got reduced onboard deposit, OBC (up to $500), and 1 additional offer (which is now the new Pick your Perk).

Also will apply to OPEN Passage - will qualify for OBC up to $200 (this has been reduced as of 8/1) and is combinable with 1 other promotional offer.

Excludes Trans Atlantic/Pacific and Repositioning cruises.

(The OLD Passages certificates were not combinable.)

Archived