Is "Pick Your Perk" coming back? (Returning Aug 30th)

Richiebaseball

In all the previous cases where I wasn't able to grab one of these promo offers it clearly stated "US and Canadian citizens". Sometimes, if we're very lucky, a promotion gets extended to international bookings, too.

It has also gotten much harder to use a US travel agent - in one of the big online agencies I have sometimes used you get re-directed to an international booking site if you don't have a US address, losing some of the offered OBC or other perks.

I believe it usually says "Residents" not "Citizens" otherwise I'd never qualify :)

Here's the link I have which does say Aug. 30th.

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/Multi_Dest/Special_Offers/13035352_CEL_PYP_Offer.pdf

I believe it usually says "Residents" not "Citizens" otherwise I'd never qualify :)

Here's the link I have which does say Aug. 30th.

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/Multi_Dest/Special_Offers/13035352_CEL_PYP_Offer.pdf

"Residents", "citizens", whatever :D - blame it on the fact that I'm not a native speaker of English. In any case - I won't qualify - happy for you folks, though!

Sorry aria. Birdie is spot on. Offer period is Sept 1-30th for this Pick Your Perk. Celebrity may of changed the dates before officially releasing promo. :D

I got this information from Celebrity on Sunday on a ship inspection. I also confirmed it on the agent booking engine. It's august 30.

You might need a new birdie that's more accurate :-) The original booking window for the offer was Sept 1, but that has been changed.

"Offer cannot be combined with any other offer, promotion, price program, including, but not limited to, Exciting Deals, Category specials, Category guarantee rates, CHX, reduced air, Interline, Senior, Travelzoo, resident, travel agent, and employee rates, or discounted rates."

Does that apply to the stock benefits OBC?

"Offer cannot be combined with any other offer, promotion, price program, including, but not limited to, Exciting Deals, Category specials, Category guarantee rates, CHX, reduced air, Interline, Senior, Travelzoo, resident, travel agent, and employee rates, or discounted rates."

Does that apply to the stock benefits OBC?

Correct. If you're already getting the stockholder credit then you cannot get both. You could drop the shareholder benefit if you wanted a different perk, however, but they cannot be combined unfortunately. Had that happen to me for my october 2013 sailing and i wanted to keep the OBC. Deciding to go the other way for May 2014 since it's coming back. :-)

Wonder if that means the Feb 15 sailing on Century can not be included as it is now "off the books" so can't be rebooked?

Hi Honeybearhollow,

It wouldnt work for Century's Feb 15th sailing, as you would have to obtain the current fiverstar rate, and at the moment... there isnt any such rate, as there are no cabins available. I'd keep checking, but unless a major block of cabins open up, my guess is, the new fivestar rate will be so much higher than what most of us paid, that pick your perk wouldnt make sense.

I hope this helps !

Correct. If you're already getting the stockholder credit then you cannot get both. You could drop the shareholder benefit if you wanted a different perk, however, but they cannot be combined unfortunately. Had that happen to me for my october 2013 sailing and i wanted to keep the OBC. Deciding to go the other way for May 2014 since it's coming back. :-)

So I know for the future, does the stockholder credit fall under the "offer", "promotion", or "price program" category?

Hi Honeybearhollow,

It wouldnt work for Century's Feb 15th sailing, as you would have to obtain the current fiverstar rate, and at the moment... there isnt any such rate, as there are no cabins available. I'd keep checking, but unless a major block of cabins open up, my guess is, the new fivestar rate will be so much higher than what most of us paid, that pick your perk wouldnt make sense.

I hope this helps !

Actually there are some oceanview cabins available for $1979pp.

Pretty steep in my mind.

It all has to do with supply & demand:)

We're booked on a 14 day Southern Caribbean on the Eclipse for December 2014. In order to get a perk, would we have to cancel our current booking and rebook, or would Celebrity go ahead and honor it? (I KNEW we were booking too early!!!)

We're booked on a 14 day Southern Caribbean on the Eclipse for December 2014. In order to get a perk, would we have to cancel our current booking and rebook, or would Celebrity go ahead and honor it? (I KNEW we were booking too early!!!)

You can add the perk to your existing booking. You will have to pay the current rate (5 star?) , and not be able use any other discounts. I did this when the 123 GO came out.

Actually there are some oceanview cabins available for $1979pp.

Pretty steep in my mind.

It all has to do with supply & demand:)

Fair enough tommy. They must have recently become available. At any rate, my answer is still correct, as they probably paid a lot less. If they want Pick Your Perk, Celebrity would reprice their current booking to the new rate. I do not know what they paid, but chances are good it was less than $1979pp, and would not make sense to make the change.

So I know for the future, does the stockholder credit fall under the "offer", "promotion", or "price program" category?

Hi Paraveina,

The shareholder OBC would not be combinable with Pick Your Perk. Hope that answers your question.

Related question: If we book a cruise under the Pick Your Perk promo, then the price goes down before final payment and we call to request the lower price, do we lose our perk??

Hi Cynbar,

As long as the lower rate is a five star rate (or one of the other applicable rates) you should be able to keep the promotion. I hope this helps !

Wonder if I should move my early January 2015 sailings to December 2014 to get the perks or hope they'll offer it in 2015 as well.

The rates are pretty high already so it would be nice to have a perk to sweeten it. I thought that 2014 Caribbean sailings were high and there have been no drops on mine since they opened.

Wonder if I should move my early January 2015 sailings to December 2014 to get the perks or hope they'll offer it in 2015 as well.

The rates are pretty high already so it would be nice to have a perk to sweeten it. I thought that 2014 Caribbean sailings were high and there have been no drops on mine since they opened.

Hi Susie,

Tough question. We've just noticed some price drops for the 4th qtr of 2013, but what Celebrity is doing, is making sure the drops are for NON Five Star rates (by making them resident, senior etc). In our case, this is creating a much higer price if to obtain Five Star, and it's making Pick your Perk less desirable.

Of course, if folks are drinkers, it may be worth paying a few hundred more to obtain the beverage package. As I'm pretty much a soda drinker, it's not worth it for us.

Thanks for the heads up on this promo.

The last few times it was done people complained that cruise prices increased at the same time. I just made note of pricing on a couple cruises I am looking at and will be curious to see if the prices change.

Since the beverage package was announced for Celebrity cruise tours to Alaska next year the price on our trip has skyrocketed. Even if we downgraded from A2, which was lower than CC when we booked, the price would be higher now than just a few weeks ago by about $1,000.

Mary Lou

Did the Birdie tell you if the 12 day med on the Sihlouette will be included? We are booked in an AQ under the cc upgrade but were considering buying the premium package so if the price went up some but we got the classic that would be worth it to me as with tip the premium will run us around $1400 also how does it work to buy up the difference. Do we have to cancel and rebook or can it all just get adjusted? On a 12 day will one get to pick two?

Did the Birdie tell you if the 12 day med on the Sihlouette will be included? We are booked in an AQ under the cc upgrade but were considering buying the premium package so if the price went up some but we got the classic that would be worth it to me as with tip the premium will run us around $1400 also how does it work to buy up the difference. Do we have to cancel and rebook or can it all just get adjusted? On a 12 day will one get to pick two?

It should be included, it looks like all Europe cruises are included. If you were going to buy it anyway it could be a steal. You're in North America right? Your TA should be able to do the adjustment for you and you'll likely get a new price.

Archived