Stateroom bar set up

wingit

Our first Silversea cruise is coming up in a couple of months. We're very excited about it. We've cruised other lines: Seabourn and Regent as well as Holland America, etc. We're not sure how it works on Silversea. When do we submit our request for what we would like to have in our cabin bar-setup?

There was no mention of it in the general information form I filled out on line. If we wait until we're on board I guess we would just tell our room steward or butler. We won't be requesting anything exotic if that makes a difference. Thank you in advance for any info.

Welcome to Silversea, wingit! On the online guest information form, there is a box at the very end of the last page asking if there is anything else. That is the place to ask for your in-suite bar desires. Filling this out gives them time to acquire anything that they might otherwise not have aboard. And make sure that your requests are within the number of characters allowed in the box, or it won't register. Cheers!

Welcome to Silversea, wingit! On the online guest information form, there is a box at the very end of the last page asking if there is anything else. That is the place to ask for your in-suite bar desires. Filling this out gives them time to acquire anything that they might otherwise not have aboard. And make sure that your requests are within the number of characters allowed in the box, or it won't register. Cheers!

Yes, or just ask your room attendent on embarcation day. Have a fabulous voyage! :)

Thanks very much for the replies! One further question: Is there a list of liquors to select from? Specifically, what brands of vodka are available? I wasn't able to find anything on the Silversea website.

Thanks again:)

Thanks very much for the replies! One further question: Is there a list of liquors to select from? Specifically, what brands of vodka are available? I wasn't able to find anything on the Silversea website.

Thanks again:)

Should be almost all the usual suspects,Grey goose,absolut,etc.

We've tried the guest info form route in the past with little success. Best to just tell your butler what you want when you board. It will normally be all set up by the time you get back from dinner or sooner. Unless you want something exotic like Johnnie Walker blue, you'll get it. You can also adjust what you want in your fridge. It's usually stocked with an assortment of soft drinks, bottled water and a couple of beers. I just ask our butler to stock it with water, caffeine free diet Coke and leave the beer in case anyone visiting wants beer. You'll also have a bottle of champagne in an ice bucket on your table. Use your butler; that's what they're there for!

I agree that asking the butler after boarding is usually sufficient. But if you do have an unusual request the guest info form can help. For example, last year I requested a very special libation on the information form, one not usually available on board. It was present in the suite when we boarded. I asked the wonderful Bar Manager, Myra, how this magically appeared. She said that she had been informed of the request and acquired it specially before the cruise.

This does not always work, but it's worth trying if it's something special.

We contacted guest services directly for a request for a bottle of green Chartreuse. They replied about a month later that they would get one for us for no extra charge.

This does not reflect my experience, so far.

For our Silver Wind cruise in February next year I asked if it would be possible to have some Pisco on board (to make Pisco Sour) and also a request for a couple of types of beer more interesting than the ones I have been informed are stocked on board.

I made these requests via the online information form and also via our travel agent. The response was the same - if you want them there will be an extra cost, and it wasn't cheap either.

Such a contrast to our recent cruise on Regent Voyager where my request for the same items was answered with the comment that they would be very happy to provide them - but when on board there was no sign of them and no one knew anything about the request!!

We contacted guest services directly for a request for a bottle of green Chartreuse. They replied about a month later that they would get one for us for no extra charge.
That's great news! Our experience was different, but we made a pretty obscure request as you'll see below.

We had requested a particular beer through SS Special Services that continually wins worldwide competitions and is recognized by many connoisseurs as the pinnacle of beer. The beer is only brewed in one place in the world (St Sixtus Abbey near Westvleteren, Belgium) and in very small quantities. It is impossible to find in the U.S.

Since our voyage was to visit the port of Oostende, Belgium and it's only about 50km from Westvleteren, we were hoping SS would be able to secure the beer for us. Unfortunately, after about 8-weeks of waiting for a response, we finally heard that they would not. While disappointed, we understood. It was a special request after all. In the end, our biggest disappointment was that it took nearly two-months to get an answer.

Does anyone know if Guiness is usually stocked onboard? Or should we request it specially?
It was available on our voyage on board the Cloud this summer.

This does not reflect my experience, so far.

For our Silver Wind cruise in February next year I asked if it would be possible to have some Pisco on board (to make Pisco Sour) and also a request for a couple of types of beer more interesting than the ones I have been informed are stocked on board.

I made these requests via the online information form and also via our travel agent. The response was the same - if you want them there will be an extra cost, and it wasn't cheap either.

Such a contrast to our recent cruise on Regent Voyager where my request for the same items was answered with the comment that they would be very happy to provide them - but when on board there was no sign of them and no one knew anything about the request!!

In our experience pisco has always been aboard the ships without special request. I've never requested it for the suite, but it has been freely available in the bars. (Their versions of pisco sours are variable, so don't hesitate to tell them how you'd like it made.)

In our experience pisco has always been aboard the ships without special request. I've never requested it for the suite, but it has been freely available in the bars. (Their versions of pisco sours are variable, so don't hesitate to tell them how you'd like it made.)

Same here and not itinerary dependent.. We had pisco on a SS Med cruise.

We had requested a particular beer through SS Special Services that continually wins worldwide competitions and is recognized by many connoisseurs as the pinnacle of beer. The beer is only brewed in one place in the world (St Sixtus Abbey near Westvleteren, Belgium) and in very small quantities. It is impossible to find in the U.S.

Since our voyage was to visit the port of Oostende, Belgium and it's only about 50km from Westvleteren, we were hoping SS would be able to secure the beer for us. Unfortunately, after about 8-weeks of waiting for a response, we finally heard that they would not. While disappointed, we understood. It was a special request after all. In the end, our biggest disappointment was that it took nearly two-months to get an answer.

Sounds like the making of a fun excursion. How far would his Abbey be from Zeebrugge? I've always wanted to do a tour of a few monastic breweries in Belgium.

Sounds like the making of a fun excursion. How far would his Abbey be from Zeebrugge? I've always wanted to do a tour of a few monastic breweries in Belgium.
Fun indeed! The Abbey isn't that far from Zeebrugge, just 85km. It would probably take between 60 - 75 minutes I imagine.

Did SilverSea really get rid of the welcome bottle of champagne in each suite? That's really disappointing if they did. My wife & I love popping the cork while unpacking. I fear this will spread to Seabourn and Regent as well (or has it already????)

Archived