Izumi

OK I'm curious. RCCL seems to be adding the Izumi restaurants as paid specialty dining options on a lot of ships. How many people would consider this? I know we don't mind Japanese food on occasion, but we'd never consider paying extra for it on a cruise.

OK I'm curious. RCCL seems to be adding the Izumi restaurants as paid specialty dining options on a lot of ships. How many people would consider this? I know we don't mind Japanese food on occasion, but we'd never consider paying extra for it on a cruise.

We went three times on the Legend. The food was great. It is very good value so I recommend you give it a try.

Send from my iPhone using Cruise Critic App

Izumi was included in one the specialty restaurant packaged on the Allure. I am not a big fan of oriental restaurants and usually avoid sushi unless it is deep fried in bacon grease. I seriously considered skipping my scheduled night in Izumi even though I had paid for it in the package. Some good friends convinced me otherwise and I glad they did as really enjoyed Izumi. I had the beef that you cook on a flat rock and it was very nice. Admittedly, I prefer some of the other restaurants but Izumi is well worth the price especially for sushi fans.

There are some combo choices on the menu that make the price reasonable. Also, if you don't enjoy sushi, there are other choices such as tempura, soup, salads, and the hot rock items.

we do and will in fact.. we have Izumi booked for our embarkation( which is coincidently our 15th anniversary) dinner.

we LOVE Japanese food and quite frankly cannot get good real Japanese locally..so I am quite excited to be able to have this opportunity next month.

I cannot wait and if there is any possibility the chef can make tako yaki they are gonna get one helluva extra tip.

Edited by spookwife
missed a slash mark

I will let you know after next week. Can't wait to try Izumi. I'm planning on the hot rock meal...sounds like an enjoyable way to spend an evening...cooking your meal on a hot rock:D

Edited by BecciBoo

• 5 months later...
Did the thread die a year ago? 😃

Is this something we could reserve while on the ship and not in advance?

Yes, you can make a reservation at Izumi while on the ship. We've done it several times on different ships.

We loved Izumi, it's not just typical Japanese food. The hot rock can be for anyone who loves chicken, beef or fish and fresh veggies.

I would go again in a hearbeat and it's reasonable too, the hot rock w/chicken was $16.

We plan on doing Izumi on Allure in a couple months. Well worth it.