Elite: Starting to feel less appreciated by Celebrity

djjoe

First off the point was to be more fair to there customers. It was unfair to give equal cruise credits for a 3 day Bahamas cruise and an 11 day Panama canal cruise.

If you had around 135 pts after conversion you needed 40 cruise points (6 seven day cruises) to achieve Diamond Plus at 175. You must have had 17 points under the old system. Therefore you needed 7 more cruises to achieve 24 points, the old D+ level.

You can argue with me if you must, but the numbers do not back up your complaint.

Do you know my Mother? You sound just like her.

No, I'm done with this (what I thought was a) conversation. If you feel like I have been complaining rather than conversing...

Bon voyage.

Do you know my Mother? You sound just like her.

No, I'm done with this (what I thought was a) conversation. If you feel like I have been complaining rather than conversing...

Bon voyage.

Sorry, I missed your last post and was referring to the previous one.

I was reading a RCCL thread. Is it true if you are D+, that all family members that live at the same address get the perks, regardless of what their tier status is or type of cabin they are in?

Subject to confirmation it would appear so - When your family member has completed their first cruise and has their CC number - Go to your personal RCCL web site "My Cruises" - Log in - Top left of page is the section "Crown & Anchor Member Status" at the bottom is "Enrol Other Members of Your Household" - Click on this and register the family member [full name as on the booking, membership number, booking reference,cruise details etc] - Then a confirmation is issued - They will then achieve RCCL D+ (with all the benefits), and automatically Elite status on Celebrity. Status is granted for the member and not grade of stateroom. Too may Elites?;)

Subject to confirmation it would appear so - When your family member has completed their first cruise and has their CC number - Go to your personal RCCL web site "My Cruises" - Log in - Top left of page is the section "Crown & Anchor Member Status" at the bottom is "Enrol Other Members of Your Household" - Click on this and register the family member [full name as on the booking, membership number, booking reference,cruise details etc] - Then a confirmation is issued - They will then achieve RCCL D+ (with all the benefits), and automatically Elite status on Celebrity. Status is granted for the member and not grade of stateroom. Too may Elites?;)

I think this is what a lot of people have been complaining about, perhaps some perks should only go to the individual.:D

I think this is what a lot of people have been complaining about, perhaps some perks should only go to the individual.:D

Totally agree :D - with the exceptions being only those who are married or in a committed civil partnership. Otherwise you will have the situation of a wife enjoying a cocktail in a Lounge and waving to their husband who is standing outside with nothing.;)

Take one cruise and one person can become D+ and automatically Elite. This is not a bad set of benefits to reward the long term loyalty of a 2 night 'shoulder' cruise in a GAR inside stateroom. :rolleyes:

It is the current system set up that allows the system to be legally manipulated and breed a constant supply of D's, D+'s and thereby Elites.

Too many Elites? - There must be a major cull.

Hopefully Celebrity doesn't follow suit with this policy, as people already complain about there being too many Elites. The perks should just be for those traveling in the same cabin.

Actually on Royal you have to have D or above to get into the evening cocktail parties. If you are traveling with a sibling or friend who has not reached D or above they are banned from lounges.

I haven't cruised on Celebrity since last winter. Have they started to let children into the 5-7pm Elite events?

Once a year I take my dad on a cruise 82yrs. old. He stays in the same cabin with me and the high lite of his day is having a drink in the Elite lounge. If I took him on RCL he would not be allowed in the lounge, right ?

Any adult sharing a cabin with an Elite Member can join them at all Elite events. If he is Diamond on RCCL, he would be Elite on Celebrity and would receive his own set of coupons.

I haven't cruised on Celebrity since last winter. Have they started to let children into the 5-7pm Elite events?

On the Silhouette a couple of months ago children and feral rats were allowed in.

It could have been a one off, as it was the only time we used the Lounge during the Cruise.

Once a year I take my dad on a cruise 82yrs. old. He stays in the same cabin with me and the high lite of his day is having a drink in the Elite lounge. If I took him on RCL he would not be allowed in the lounge, right ?

Unless he has the same status as you on Royal or you are staying in a Grand Suite or above, he would not be allowed in the lounge.

I can't believe reading all the whiners out there. You would think the moment you start your vacation everyone is at your beckon call. Heaven forbid you don't get free stuff. Want, want,want. You would think you were all kindergarten children. Why don't you just try to enjoy your vacation and forget all the trivial stuff. #destress.

Who's whining now? :rolleyes:

I took my 86 yr old mother on Freedom of the Sea and spoke with Host of the Diamond lounge and she was allowed in and loved it. The are allowed to us discretion.

The correct answer is no but you can ask the Concierge once on board. Be prepared for a polite "no".

Wait`````if you are Elite on X, you are D on RC, right?

So, "the high lite of his day is having a drink in the Elite lounge", he would be allowed in, right?

He would on X but not RCI. On RCI they only allow you in if your D for the Diamond lounge or D+, Pinnacle or suite guests for the Concierge lounge. You are not allowed to bring in cabin mates on RCI.

On the Silhouette a couple of months ago children and feral rats were allowed in.

It could have been a one off, as it was the only time we used the Lounge during the Cruise.

Is that really true or and how could you tell the feral rats from the tame ones?:rolleyes:

Is that really true or and how could you tell the feral rats from the tame ones?:rolleyes:

For what it is worth.

This is solely my interpretation of 'feral'.

Feral = Run riot having no perceived boundaries, with the Lounge considered one great playground.

I am in no doubt that other CC members would have their own slant on your post.

I'm not Elite but all of these "they don't appreciate us Elite threads" are starting to get a bit much. It is a known fact that the sheer numbers of Elites now exceeds the ability of the program. I understand that people don't care for the voucher system when it has to be utilized (not on this sailing) - as most cherish the interaction of the cocktail party - but to be upset about Concierge, Aqua & Suites having a dedicated security line - oh come on - what do you think these people are PAYING more money for? You were in the nightly cocktail party and are going to complain about the suite guests being there? How are you sure they aren't in a suite and Elite too.

Like it or not this is a business - and while you should be grateful for the loyalty perks offered - you can't expect to be treated the same as the person staying in the higher priced cabins. Reserved seating in the theater costs X nothing and yet it makes the suites more appealing for some - while taking nothing away from you. The loyalty program for any business is to encourage repeat business but the focus is always on the bottom line and attracting those big spenders will be the priority.

Why so much focus on what others are getting? What a rotten vacation I would have if I had to compare the fact that someone else had a first class flight, a private limo pickup from the airport, a suite, got to attend the Elite functions. I do hope that I make it to Elite someday but in the meantime - I don't spend one second of my time paying attention to what anyone else is getting.

Very well said. After reading these boards I discovered that Celebrity doesn't have the rooms ready until 1:00pm. We decided that we didn't want to walk around the ship dragging around our carry on luggage so we decided to stay at the hotel a little longer and enjoy the pool. By the time we got to the ship at around 2:00pm check in was empty. We just walked up to the desk and were on the ship in a matter of minutes. We went directly to our rooms dropped off or bags and explored the ship. By 5:00 our luggage was delivered to our room. I am so over getting to port at the crack of dawn and standing in line like a herd of cattle at the slaughter house.

The feral rats are those the ones that are wild eyed and foaming at the mouth because they saw a couple children and let that ruin their day.

The feral rats are those the ones that are wild eyed and foaming at the mouth because they saw a couple children and let that ruin their day.

I wondered when someone from DOFREE (Defenders of Feral Rats at Elite Events) would show up. :D

Archived