Upgrade Fairy Has Come Calling

P&OMAN

Off on our first Holland America cruise next week on the Ryndam for a two week cruise round Turkey and the Greek Islands.

Booked a guarantee FF grade outside cabin. On checking today found that we have been upgraded to a DA grade stateroom 623 on Main deck. Very pleased.

The same has happened to our friends that are coming with us. They are also first time H.America cruisers.

Now counting down to the 7th when we join the Ryndam in Athens.

Nice upgrade. Enjoy your cruise.:) Better than the one I got. Paid for G, got C3361. Hate these dark dingy dungeons.:(

Gail - We were very near 3361 Amsterdam. We loved our cabin on our 14-day Alaska journey in 2011. I'm curious - why do you call it a dark dungeon? Or do you just dislike the LP deck? I know some people don't like it. For Alaska we thought it wonderful to pop in and out quickly.

Gail - We were very near 3361 Amsterdam. We loved our cabin on our 14-day Alaska journey in 2011. I'm curious - why do you call it a dark dungeon? Or do you just dislike the LP deck? I know some people don't like it. For Alaska we thought it wonderful to pop in and out quickly.

I really dislike the Lower Promenade Deck. The cabins are smaller and much darker than say a D Ocean View. :( That is why I call them dungeons. There is also a life boat overhead directly outside my cabin, making it even more dark. :mad: I don't give a fig to go outside either on that deck. I also have a public washroom overhead - not a good thing. Could be a busy place since it is outside the Pinnacle Grill. Hope there are no leaking problems. I waiting for my TA to call to try & get it changed. Been to Alaska so many times I don't care to go outside. The Crow's Nest is my favourite viewing spot.

Booked a guarantee FF grade outside cabin. On checking today found that we have been upgraded to a DA grade stateroom 623 on Main deck. Very pleased.

Congratulations! That's so exciting. That'll be a wonderful cruise.

I have a quick question. When you get upgraded do they consult with you first to see if you want it or do you just log-in and see that your room number has changed?

Enjoy your vacation!

Congratulations! That's so exciting. That'll be a wonderful cruise.

I have a quick question. When you get upgraded do they consult with you first to see if you want it or do you just log-in and see that your room number has changed?

Enjoy your vacation!

No consultation - they just do it. I would have told them NO to C3361 if I had been given the opportunity.

I really dislike the Lower Promenade Deck. The cabins are smaller and much darker than say a D Ocean View. :( That is why I call them dungeons. There is also a life boat overhead directly outside my cabin, making it even more dark. :mad: I don't give a fig to go outside either on that deck. I also have a public washroom overhead - not a good thing. Could be a busy place since it is outside the Pinnacle Grill. Hope there are no leaking problems. I waiting for my TA to call to try & get it changed. Been to Alaska so many times I don't care to go outside. The Crow's Nest is my favourite viewing spot.

If going outside on the LP deck is not to your liking, then I certainly understand why you would not be happy in those cabins.

Congrats! You got a better upgrade than me, I'm on the same cruise for 7 days starting September 7th.

As the previous poster said about LP deck rooms, not really keen on that, and the specific room also has complaints about the noisy galley above. We'll see how that goes! (Hopefully not as bad as the few reviews that specifically mention the room #)

Archived