London Question

We are staying at the City Inn Westminster. Can anyone tell me if there is a drug store (like Walgreens, Eckards, etc.) anywhere in the Westminster area. Since we can't fly with any aerosol cans, we thought about just shopping for these items once we land. Thanks for the help.

Barbara

We are staying at the City Inn Westminster. Can anyone tell me if there is a drug store (like Walgreens, Eckards, etc.) anywhere in the Westminster area. Since we can't fly with any aerosol cans, we thought about just shopping for these items once we land. Thanks for the help.

Barbara

Just ask at the desk at the hotel where the nearest Boots is. That is the drug chain in London,and a lot of us LOVE to shop there when we go to London so check it out if you have time.Great body butter and No7 make-up is good too.

On the Delta website, they are considered "dangerous goods".

I flew Delta recently and there was no problem with aerosols in checked baggage.

Otherwise as Cberge says Boots will be your best bet for that sort of thing.

Nick.

I haven't flown in 11 years. The aerosol can will be ok in checked baggage. I just don't want anything the explode in the suitcase........sorry I am so ignorant - just don't usually get far from home.............................

Thanks

Barbara

If you are landing at LHR then there will be plenty of chances to buy things there - lots of shops.

The City Inn is a nice hotel and very convenient for the Tate Britain, Tate Boat (which connects you to the London Eye and to the Tate Modern) but not really that near any shops. There is a bus stop along the road which will take you to Westminster, where there is a Tesco as part of the Underground station (I think anyway). Tesco is a supermarket chain which also does sell personal care items.

Boots is the main high street chemist, however a trip into London itself will show you an absolute cornucopia of shopping opportunities!

If you absolutely, positively have GOT to have American toiletries it's probably possible to buy them here, but it will probably be massively more expensive than at home. Try some of our home grown products I'd say :)

Also ... try Lush. Lush is great www.lush.co.uk have a look for some quirky but relatively inexpensive present ideas.

Hope this helps!

Your nearest Boots branches will probably be those along Victoria Street. If I remember correctly, there may be a small chemist (pharmacy) on Horseferry Road if you walk up to it from there and cross the road. But your hotel will be able to direct you anyway.

Loved Boots. It's like a big Walgreens and in about as many locations. I also found some drugs over the counter in the UK that I need a prescription for here. Specifically, Flonase (aka Fixonase in UK) is over the counter there for about 1/2 the cost after conversion.

You gotta check out their brand, French Connection UK (aka FCUK) ;). LOL Sorry, I got the biggest kick out of seeing FCUK everywhere I went, so much so I had to buy hair gel for a friend.

Superdrug is another store that you will often see in the UK that will have a good supply of toiletries etc. although no pharmacy (odd considering it's name).

Nick.

The Superdrug near me (Camberley) has a Pharmacy counter, so perhaps it varies with the location.

Cinnamon

• 2 weeks later...

Archived