Grass Lawn on Celebrity ships - like or dislike?

cruisetrail

Do you like the grass lawn or prefer something else?  

404 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the grass lawn or prefer something else?

• 1. I like the lawn. Let it be where it is.
    • 2. No. I would like an aft pool area instead.
    • 3. No. I would suggest something else instead of the lawn.

Are you advocating that the entire upper decks be dedicated to pools and the areas around them? With no alternatives for people who do not need to be around them every waking moment? :rolleyes:

Have I said that?

May be you did not read my posts.

My requirement: variety, more choices.

Options not only for my grandpa, but for me too!:)

My ancestors also crossed the Atlantic via a ship to start a new life. However, it was their mode of transportation, not a vacation. Big difference.

I enjoy taking TAs and have noted that more and more have been using the ships as transportation from their Winter stays in Florida and their home in Europe. Much more civilized than flying.

WOW, I am glad we book for what we like and not someone else. Now if I can just the the wifester to put back on that itesty bitesty twenty weenie yellow poked dot bikini :D and roll in the grass again:eek:

Can you post some photos please, but only if you and your wifester accents.:D

I enjoy taking TAs and have noted that more and more have been using the ships as transportation from their Winter stays in Florida and their home in Europe. Much more civilized than flying.

A TA is definitely on my bucket list as soon as I accrue enough vacation time.

I just wanted to point out that you would have no problem if pools were eliminated altogether.

Can you imagine filling the 7 day Caribbean ships week after week with no pools? :eek:

A TA is definitely on my bucket list as soon as I accrue enough vacation time.

I just wanted to point out that you would have no problem if pools were eliminated altogether.

Can you imagine filling the 7 day Caribbean ships week after week with no pools? :eek:

It would be a challenge to marketing, but it could be done.

Of course this is all satire.

Sorry, but the majority of the "we talk" on this thread seems to be "you talk."

Does it really matter who talks & shows and who don't want see & don't want hear about ships facts? :)

2jfysnc.jpg

The Celebrity picture on left is the deck right above the pool. The deserted deck on the HAL "mystery ship" is not. You will find areas like this on the open decks of a Celebrity S class ship too.

What areas?

My vote is for the lawn.....even though I didn't have the pleasure of using it on our recent Reflections cruise( 19/8-30/8 ). It was closed off for the whole cruise, only people renting Cabanas got to use it except for the concert on the lawn. Signs were up saying the lawn was 'resting' but it looked good to me, green and lush with no patches.

I do hope this is not a sign of things to come.

My vote is for the lawn.....even though I didn't have the pleasure of using it on our recent Reflections cruise( 19/8-30/8 ). It was closed off for the whole cruise, only people renting Cabanas got to use it except for the concert on the lawn. Signs were up saying the lawn was 'resting' but it looked good to me, green and lush with no patches.

I do hope this is not a sign of things to come.

That is a sign you will usually see on a TA

Give me more seating by the sunset bar instead of grass

I have grass at home which I do not use , so why I would want it on a ship :rolleyes:

...It was closed off for the whole cruise, only people renting Cabanas got to use it except for the concert on the lawn. Signs were up saying the lawn was 'resting' ...

We have experiences all the design flaws of the Eclipse.

But I start to love the Eclipse when I hear "Reflection".

1/3 of the ship is resting....

I have grass at home which I do not use , so why I would want it on a ship :rolleyes:

You may not want it on a ship, but it is quite clear that many people do. It's must be very difficult for you to go through life knowing that what the majority wants is more important than what you want. :rolleyes:

1/3 of the ship is resting....

Boy, you sure have a wild hair up your butt against Reflection! How many threads have you started just to bash her? How many other threads have you jumped in just to post endless criticisms of her?

Based on your many, many negative posts about Reflection, I would have to say that you have a very unhealthy obsession with her that needs some serious therapy. Have you even been on her? Probably not. This kind of obsessive behavior is never based on actual experience, but only what is in the person's imagination.

Please vote!

"Someone" is definitely on a mission. :eek:

The "agenda/crusade" marches on...............:rolleyes:

Yes. It is truly sad to watch a person start a thread and then resort to begging to get people to agree with him. :(

It looks as though I must "endure" my third cruise on Reflection. Maybe the waffles will help me through the week. :D

Empty loungers may happen to be here and there depending on the weather and time of the day, being in port, etc.

The main problem is: this is the only open pool area on a ~3000 pax ship!

And even worse - it is mixed with kids.

Left: The upper level on Celebrity S-Class

Right: a mystery ship

2jfysnc.jpg

Most of the passengers on the Holland America ship were riding their rascals around the promenade deck at the time

Archived