Grass Lawn on Celebrity ships - like or dislike?

cruisetrail

Do you like the grass lawn or prefer something else?  

404 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the grass lawn or prefer something else?

• 1. I like the lawn. Let it be where it is.
    • 2. No. I would like an aft pool area instead.
    • 3. No. I would suggest something else instead of the lawn.

After 49 cruises I take very few photos. I tend to enjoy my cruise experience and have never viewed my time onboard as a data gathering session to be used once I return home. This debate may be fun for you, but it's NOT my hobby!

Hope you find what ever it is you are looking for?

Kel

Dear kelmac, I appreciate your response.

I will post a reply to your post and that will be OK.

But please, please next time check your data before saying "false".

Happy cruising! :)

False!

The area around the "sliding Dome cover" is not usable (No - please see below); the forward deck area is private for paying members of the "Cabana Club" (No - please see below) ; there are a few areas on the side of the aft portion of the ship (Not only there - please see below) , away from the pool areas; 1/2 of the mid-pool area is private cabanas and that area is so noisy and hot because it is too protected (No - please see below), except is cold climates; the aft pool area is nice, but very crowded (No - please see below).

I will give you the wrap around promenade deck -- very nice, Celebrity should add this to their next generation of ships! The reason this alleviates crowding on the sun decks is because HAL customers TEND to be a BIT older (No - please see below).

I've cruised HAL nine times and Celebrity 23 times -- since the introduction of the "S" class of ships, HAL is in a downward spiral and can no longer compete with Celebrity. Deck space is not a problem on Celebrity! (No - please see below)

Enjoy!

Kel

The area around the "sliding Dome cover" is not usable

No.

It is usable and it has been used for what it is intended for - a beautiful upper deck promenade without lounges, shoes and crowds:

ji03ki.jpg

the forward deck area is private for paying members of the "Cabana Club"

No.

Forward sun deck on the "mistery ship" is twice as large as Solstice deck (forward) on the Solstice class and absolutely free. Cabanas area is a part of the original design, not an afterthought as on the Solstice class. So it takes a separate space and does not mess up with anything else.

A part of the forward sun deck on a 'mystery ship":

25tz53p.jpg

1/2 of the mid-pool area is private cabanas and that area is so noisy and hot because it is too protected

No.

As you see on the photo - cabanas in the mid-pool area do not take 1/2 of the space (despite that I would remove them tomorrow - same about Celebrity cabanas):

saz71g.jpg

there are a few areas on the side of the aft portion of the ship

Not only.

People sometimes do not notice an elephant in a zoo!

Mid-ship sun deck on a "mystery ship":

312fw2u.jpg

the aft pool area is nice, but very crowded

No.

Not more than on any cruise ship.

n5n7rm.jpg

Deck space is not a problem on Celebrity!

Celebrity Eclipse:

2jfysnc.jpg

To be concluded in the next post.

The reason this alleviates crowding on the sun decks is because HAL customers TEND to be a BIT older.

I've cruised HAL nine times and Celebrity 23 times -- since the introduction of the "S" class of ships, HAL is in a downward spiral and can no longer compete with Celebrity.

I don't know who compete with whom.

I simply study ships.

The Solstice class is lacking a lot of facilities available on a "mystery ship".

Back to the role of the grass lawn in crowded decks.

The reason for no crowds on a "mystery ship" - compare open spaces on the ships below (keep in mind an "additional" promenade on the mystery ship).

The photo answers all questions.

This is a how a 90,000 tonner happened to be larger than a 120,000 tonner:

m4qhe.jpg

Happy cruising!

Boy, you sure have a wild hair up your butt against Reflection! How many threads have you started just to bash her? How many other threads have you jumped in just to post endless criticisms of her?

Based on your many, many negative posts about Reflection, I would have to say that you have a very unhealthy obsession with her that needs some serious therapy. Have you even been on her? Probably not. This kind of obsessive behavior is never based on actual experience, but only what is in the person's imagination.

I couldn't agree more... the tread that was created by the same poster about a suite perk involving some roped off space in the theatre on formal nights was so over the top that it was shut down by the community host for being too negative. It's clear to me that the OP is working hard to stir the kettle and create ill will. This thread will devolve into something similar and hopefully be closed to future posts.

P.S. I like the lawn and the cabanas. I plan to rent one for my sea days.

Sent from my Samsung Note II on the T-Mobile 4G LTE network using Tapatalk Beta 4

I love the idea of a lawn at sea. Haven't actually been on a cruise ship yet, but the lawn persuaded me to pay the extra for a solstice class ship (Reflection).

I understand the cabanas take away some enjoyment on the Reflection, but I am looking forward to walking bare foot on grass at sea (how extravagant!) and music 'picnics' at night in the caribbean....it sounds wonderful.

I think the grass acts as great marketing material to attract new customers. I suspect a lot of people who don't know much about cruising like myself look at it and instantly think 'ooh that's luxurious'. I've shown the Celebrity to friends who've never been interested in cruises before because they assumed they were a bit 'glitzy and vegas' but the lawn adds a sense of nature and style, and now they are interested! Even though a lawn on a ship is not a natural feature, it somehow makes cruising look more 'classy' to certain people.

Time will tell if I think the lawn is a good feature or not and what I appreciate on cruise ships as this is my first time. But at the moment the top three things I'm looking forward to based on the marketing materials are: the lawn, the sunset and martini ice bar and the MDR which looks like a 5* hotel! Can't wait.

Kill the lawn,:p but do not put a pool back there , I like the sunset bar, they need more setting area back there

I try not use public pools , people are scared to touch hand rails , but what is in the pool :eek:

I LOVE the Sunset bar too. It was one of our favorite spots on the Reflection. I don't do public pools either.:eek::)

Archived