least expensive

214fingerman214

Ok.. with all the cruisers on here, when is the best time to take a cruise at its. Lowest rate? I was thinking of booking in April fot the. carnival Triumph. Out of. Galveston Tx... Its not that im cheap, i just rather spend. My money on. Shore and of course ALCOHOL....:D:D:D

November and December are the best months (cheapeast). ;)

(finishing the sentence) for the Caribbean. November prior to Thanksgiving, and December up to about the 20th. October isn't too bad either, but there are fewer ships in the Caribbean.

Note: October and November are hurricane season...that is why they are cheaper.

The most expensive times are during school breaks (summer and spring break) and Christmas/New Year. Try doing some dummy bookings (or if you have a travel agent let them do the work) at other times and see what numbers come up.

Ok.. with all the cruisers on here, when is the best time to take a cruise at its. Lowest rate? I was thinking of booking in April fot the. carnival Triumph. Out of. Galveston Tx... Its not that im cheap, i just rather spend. My money on. Shore and of course ALCOHOL....:D:D:D

April vacation, lots of kids. higher pricing :)

I don't believe hurricane season has anything to do with pricing. It's all about when the cruisers want to go. After all, hurricane season starts 1 June, and prices are high then, because the kids are out of school. When the demand is high, prices are high. Kids back in school, prices go down. The ship is not going to sail into a hurricane, nor will they cancel a cruise because of one. they will just alter their itinerary. EM

I don't believe hurricane season has anything to do with pricing. It's all about when the cruisers want to go. After all, hurricane season starts 1 June, and prices are high then, because the kids are out of school. When the demand is high, prices are high. Kids back in school, prices go down. The ship is not going to sail into a hurricane, nor will they cancel a cruise because of one. they will just alter their itinerary. EM

Thank you for the info

When you go cruise shopping, you will find that the cheapest fares start the week after Thanksgiving through the week before Christmas. Kids will be in school, folks are back to work after being away for Thanksgiving, and folks will be planning their Christmas week vacations.

Published prices will drop dramatically for these cruises starting in August. Most cruise lines are really desperate during this magic three weeks and lots of specials can be had.

Returning to work with a nice Caribbean suntan just before Christmas is a good thing.

April vacation, lots of kids. higher pricing :)

Not necessarily. Most places have Spring Breaks in March...so most of the little darlings are back in school. :p

We booked a 7-Night sailing in late April and it was cheaper than the same cruise in March or May-September. October would have been cheaper but it didn't fit the calendar (and October can be prime hurricane season, as you probably know).

Not necessarily. Most places have Spring Breaks in March...so most of the little darlings are back in school. :p

We booked a 7-Night sailing in late April and it was cheaper than the same cruise in March or May-September. October would have been cheaper but it didn't fit the calendar (and October can be prime hurricane season, as you probably know).

Depends on the state. March is mostly college breaks, April (Easter week) mostly high school and younger. However the OP seems to have children so it does not matter. :)

least pricey are the cruises that disembark right before the holiday embarkations (especially XMas).

Also, September, after schools are back in session, tend to be good pricing to the Bahamas and Caribbean.

Bon Voyage!

May you enjoy the sea always and all ways.

• 2 weeks later...

Surprislingly we have found cheap cabins during Spring Break periods. Usually double occupancy a month before sailing.

One of those Supply/Demand examples. It was cheaper for two double occupancy cabins than for one triple or quad cabin. The price was comparable what we had paid in January & February. (Cabins are always higher here on the West Coast.)

Even found some that were connected.

Thank yall.. but i think id rather pay extra than to have my lil girls out during hurricane season..

Hurricane season should not be a concern - itineraries are changed to avoid any dangerous conditions. However, if you are traveling with young daughters, the odds are that many other parents will also be with their children: school vacation time is not the time to find the lowest fares.

Actually hurricane season is from end of April through end of November with it peaking sharply in the months of August and September.

According to the National Hurricane Center, the Atlantic hurricane season begins June 1 and goes through Nov 30, with the supposed high point starting Sept 10. The Pacific hurricane season starts May 15 and goes through Nov 30.

We are not too far from Galveston and so the port is an easy drive for us. August, September, October and sometimes early November are the months we expect to have Tropical Storms and Hurricane activity, so prices in NOLA and Galveston do reflect this until the week of Thanksgiving. Also most children are back in school.

April can be a good month too and the weather is usually better. BUT you will likely be dealing with college Spring Breakers. I know LSU begins it's Spring break on 4/13/14. Here's a list of Spring Breaks for various colleges, just scroll down until you come to the list http://www.studentcity.com/blog/when-is-my-spring-break/

I have sailed twice with Carnival and one was the Triumph. The only way I would sail with Carnival again would be for a completely free trip (excursions, transportation and alcohol included) with a high end suite. Not likely that trip will happen!

Whatever you decide have a great vacation!

According to the National Hurricane Center, the Atlantic hurricane season begins June 1 and goes through Nov 30, with the supposed high point starting Sept 10. The Pacific hurricane season starts May 15 and goes through Nov 30.

The "high point" doesn't start Sept. 10 ---- it is September 10. The further before or after September 10 you are, the less likely it is that hurricanes will occur.

Archived