Lunch in the main dining room

simon stingray

On our previous cruises we have noticed that lunch in the main dining room is only available on a couple of days of the cruise and is usually on sea days.

We are now thinking of booking our first Transatlantic cruise with 9 sea days and was wondering if the MDR would be serving lunch on all 9 sea days or if it would only be available on a select few days.

We love to have lunch in the MDR rather than the Ocean View cafe.

When we did a Panama Canal cruise we also had many sea days and ate lunch (and breakfast) in the MDR most of those days since we, like you, much prefer the service in the MDR in spite of the limited menu. That was May/June of 2012 so things may have changed since then, but it was def open each sea day for us.

Enjoy your cruise!

On our previous cruises we have noticed that lunch in the main dining room is only available on a couple of days of the cruise and is usually on sea days.

We are now thinking of booking our first Transatlantic cruise with 9 sea days and was wondering if the MDR would be serving lunch on all 9 sea days or if it would only be available on a select few days.

We love to have lunch in the MDR rather than the Ocean View cafe.

Lunch is available in the MDR on Sea Days, except when they have the Grand Buffet

Caught it! And I was able to edit within the time limit. Whew! Now it's right -- the MDR is not open on Port Days.

Yes, the Millie adventure was one for the record books. May her repairs go well and may she get back in service quickly.

Ohhh..ok....guess I can edit my post too then;)

Okay, so I now know the MDR isn't open on port days for lunch, but what about breakfast. We too prefer the MDR for our meals rather than the buffet. We are cruising the Summit in November and only have one sea day, which I'm assuming will be the grand Buffet for lunch, but the other days, when in port, will it be available for breakfast?

Okay, so I now know the MDR isn't open on port days for lunch, but what about breakfast. We too prefer the MDR for our meals rather than the buffet. We are cruising the Summit in November and only have one sea day, which I'm assuming will be the grand Buffet for lunch, but the other days, when in port, will it be available for breakfast?

Hi,:) yes, breakfast in the main dining room is open every morning.

Check the hours in your daily. I have done that cruise several times.

Have a great time:D

Oh it is open every morning except the day of the brunch...don't

want to be scolded for giving you the wrong information;)

We go directly to Bistro on 5 upon boarding! It beats the chaos of the buffet that first day. We usually go there once or twice during the week as well. Very good crepes, paninis, and soups!

Enjoy!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Hi,:) yes, breakfast in the main dining room is open every morning.

Check the hours in your daily. I have done that cruise several times.

Have a great time:D

Oh it is open every morning except the day of the brunch...don't

want to be scolded for giving you the wrong information;)

Thanks Lois.

On our Infinity cruise breakfast in the MDR was only available from 7.30AM until 9.00AM which is kind of early for us. Are these hours the same on all sailings/ships?

One of the reasons we love sea days is we can sleep in a little later:cool:

Simon.

Thanks Lois.

On our Infinity cruise breakfast in the MDR was only available from 7.30AM until 9.00AM which is kind of early for us. Are these hours the same on all sailings/ships?

One of the reasons we love sea days is we can sleep in a little later:cool:

Simon.

Hi Simon,:) that sounds about right to me. If you are late sleepers?

Breakfast in the main dining room will probably be closed by the time

you wake up (depending on how "late" your timing is)......

Other options would be the buffet, Bistro on 5, and room service

is always nice too.

We discovered breakfast in the MDR on our first cruise and have never looked back. Only one time since then, with a very early shore excursion, have we gone back to eat in the buffet. Usually have lunch there as well, and we were quite disappointed when they started closing it on port days, although we understand why. I really do not like the buffet although some are much better than others.

We also try to avoid the buffet and eat in the MDR for all our meals. Since we only have one sea day this cruise, I am very disappointed that our lunches will have to be elsewhere - probably pizza or a burger (although Bistro on 5 sounds interesting - but there is a $5 charge here, right?)

We also try to avoid the buffet and eat in the MDR for all our meals. Since we only have one sea day this cruise, I am very disappointed that our lunches will have to be elsewhere - probably pizza or a burger (although Bistro on 5 sounds interesting - but there is a $5 charge here, right?)

We avoid the buffet and go to the Aqua Spa Café for lunch if the MDR is not open. Sometimes I'm in the mood for a burger, and their huge, juicy hot dogs are delicious. I'm not a big fan of the Bistro. If I want crapes, I'll go to Paris. :rolleyes:

Wine-O.....what is a crape?:confused:....did you mean crepes?.......not all

of can afford to go to Paris and in my opinion, the crepes in

The Bistro are delicious. I always enjoy eating in there.

Food is always so subjective.....to the original poster, yes it is 5.00

for all you care to eat. They serve salads, panninis, crepes and soups.

The main dining room is open on port days. An express breakfast is offered which usually consists of eggs, toast, meat, juice and coffee.

The charge is totally worth it. And if you have onboard credit, it feels free! I don't have a problem with the buffet other days, but on the day we board, it's always a madhouse.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Archived