registering for CC

carri cruiser

I think the best solution was to make another email address for herself, and use it only for CC!! should be the easiest!! ( not like we ever get any emails from CC)

Getting a new e-mail account is easy.

I have had to contact Host Walt a few times and when he couldn't help me, he sent my e-mail to someone who could solve my problem.

The Hosts are really great here.

I think the best solution was to make another email address for herself, and use it only for CC!! should be the easiest!! ( not like we ever get any emails from CC)
Don't you ever subscribe to any threads?

Some mail services (like mine) allow the use of an alias. Any mail sent to jtloncc @ {my ISP} shows up in my regular mailbox, so I don't have to check any other mail accounts for incoming. See if her normal mail service allows that.

You don't see the red triangle unless you are logged in. You can't log in unless you are registered. The person is having trouble registering.

See where I'm going with this???

The OP is a member of CC and I was suggesting they use the triangle for instructions on how to help them solve the problem for the person they are trying to help.

The OP is a member of CC and I was suggesting they use the triangle for instructions on how to help them solve the problem for the person they are trying to help.

You can't contact Hosts or Laura by using the red triangle..That is only for reporting posts:

quote:

Note: Use this form to report spam, advertising messages, and problematic (harassment, fighting, or rude) posts. Please note: we cannot fix typos, grammatical errors or add to/edit your posts.

All POST REMOVAL decisions are final.

This form is for reporting of posts only. If you need to contact us please review the Contact Us information at the bottom of the message board pages. Questions/comments/concerns transmitted through this venue will not receive a response. Note our COMMUNITY GUIDELINES apply to all submissions through this form.

Unquote

At the very bottom of the main page which list all the threads is this:

"Need Help? Contact Us"

The OP should click on this & either a host or Laura will read her msg & reply directly to her via e-mail..

Betty

Is she resistent to doing the easy route to get to her goal? :D

That solution should work so worth a try........ Yes? :)

Once she gets herself registered, she will see the red triangle and can then communicate with Host Walt and try to work out what her initial problem with her e-mail address is. She can hopefully at that point change it to whatever she wants if Host Walt agrees.

No, she isn't resistant to getting a new email for the purpose of CC,

actually, I haven't been in contact with her about the problem since I posted the problem! I'm sure if she is wanting to join CC bad enough she

will get a new email address!! Thanks for the information, it really was helpful! I'm sure once she gets herself registered there won't be a reason to use the red triangle.... I have NEVER needed it in 4 years!!:)

she doesn't need a new password, she never got to that part of the registration, it said her email address was already used!! How could that be???

If it is her email address there can only be one so it must be hers. Getting the password reset will give her access to it and she can use it

I just tried a dummy registration using the email address I always use for cruise critic. When I went through the registration process I got the attached page with the message that the email address was already in use. The box near the bottom of the screen says "Lost Password Recovery Form". If your friend enters her email address in that form cruise critic should send her an email with the screen name associated with that address and instructions for resetting the password.

Roy

lostuser.pdf

I just tried a dummy registration using the email address I always use for cruise critic. When I went through the registration process I got the attached page with the message that the email address was already in use. The box near the bottom of the screen says "Lost Password Recovery Form". If your friend enters her email address in that form cruise critic should send her an email with the screen name associated with that address and instructions for resetting the password.

Roy

THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR SUGGESTIONS!! SOME WERE VERY HELPFUL.

EVIDENTLY MY SISTER'S BIGGEST PROBLEM IS HER MEMORY.....

SHE FOUND WHEN SHE TRIED TO RECOVER HER PASSWORD, THAT

SHE HAD REGISTERED BACK IN 2009!!! SHE HAD NEVER POSTED OR FINISHED THE REGISTRATION OF HER VITALS...... SO AGAIN THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR HELP!!:o

THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR SUGGESTIONS!! SOME WERE VERY HELPFUL.

EVIDENTLY MY SISTER'S BIGGEST PROBLEM IS HER MEMORY.....

SHE FOUND WHEN SHE TRIED TO RECOVER HER PASSWORD, THAT

SHE HAD REGISTERED BACK IN 2009!!! SHE HAD NEVER POSTED OR FINISHED THE REGISTRATION OF HER VITALS...... SO AGAIN THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR HELP!!:o

All's well that ends well. I hope your sister completes her registration and starts posting.

Roy

Archived