Reflection Aqua Class Value

wf083145

I just got back from the Reflection TA we had an AQ class suite and the room was really nice about 12x16 and the balcony was 6x12'.

In Blu the tables were a little closer than the MDR but not that much less than 6" difference. While we did tend to eat early Blu was never full up to about 8-8:30 when we left, the other Specialty restaurants, were never full even though they did call us with all kinds of offers.

We sat against the Rose wall every night and usually had no one next to us. Service was very good but was a bit more formal than I would have liked. probably because it was a 15 night cruise but towards the end we felt like saying I only need one fork,knife, spoon!

We had one for 75.00

Murano (on port days only)

Qsine

Tuscan Grill

lawn Club Grill

4 Meals Bistro on 5 (2 breakfast 2 other)

it said save $110.00

it said it was for Aqua Class only

Aqua Class is all hype IMO. Blu food is not that great and tables are packed in like sardines. The rooms are poorly placed on the ship (unless you want the large overhang or no shade). The little extras they give you in the room are fairly worthless. If you want to try it then wait for the price to come down to a similar amount as a regular balcony (it has happened twice for us).

some rooms are located in poor areas, but I did like the attention to detail in Blu as well as the smaller portion size, we had the same waiter every night and it was very nice. I would always book a cruise based on room location and of course CC points since I am not yet "Elite" we were on the 12th floor and those cabins are pretty nice we had some minor noise from above but the most noise came one day from the balcony next door. Nights were always dead quiet.

Of our 15 nights we dined in Blu ~8 times, twice in Specialty and a couple of times we just snacked at the Oceanview.

Glad you already booked AQ. We love AQ but last December decided to travel with DD in a 1A, so it was back to the MDR. Never again. So missed the excellent food in Blu, open seating, smart casual dress code, Blu Breakfast, small size and quieter aspect of the dining room, with great service. If you want relaxed, AQ is the way to go. In addition I do use both the heated loungers and relaxation room in the Persian Garden daily, so that is another $150 ? Pp/week if not in AQ. With Giving Thanks discounts now, the price differences between veranda and AQ are narrow. Obviously the question of "worth" has evoked a wide range of response here, but I fall firmly on the side that AQ will meet your goals for this cruise. Ps as much as I love the food the Blu, try Lawn Grill one night..relaxed outdoor seating on a warm Caribbean evening was a perfect addition.

We booked Aqua this Fall as an experiment. It was really great. Blu was terrific. We were on the Summit, and the waitstaff in Blu were outstanding, as was the food. It was best food we have ever had on a cruise, hands down. We ate dinner there most nights, and breakfast there most mornings. We think Blu makes the extra money worth it, right there. I missed the large table at dinner from time to time, but we had great discussions most nights with people sitting in tables next to us.

The shower does leak a lot. The bottled water is a nice touch in the cabin.

We liked it so much we booked an Aqua class cabin for a Med cruise this summer. If the price differential isn't more than you are comfortable with, I'd book Aqua.

Ohiodoglover

Aqua Class is all hype IMO. Blu food is not that great and tables are packed in like sardines. The rooms are poorly placed on the ship (unless you want the large overhang or no shade). The little extras they give you in the room are fairly worthless. If you want to try it then wait for the price to come down to a similar amount as a regular balcony (it has happened twice for us).

I totally agree with you. We tried it twice and decided not to do it again, unless the price was very, very attractive. We actually liked the overhang on the balcony because of the shade, but the amenities are not worth much and IMHO Blu is highly over rated.

When we booked, it was actually cheaper to go AQ than a standard balcony. AQ was $90 more pp, but they were offering extra OBC for AQ and above which was more than $90 pp.

We don't care about the "health food" in Blu, or the persian gardens, but we're looking forward to no formal nights, anytime dining, and my husband prefers to not sit with groups at dinner so we can have our 2-top every evening on our romantic anniversary trip. Those things plus some free bottles of water each day and it's worth it to us.

It sounds like we're likely to have a less crowded, quieter atmosphere at breakfast and dinner at Blu than in the MDR, so that would be a bonus. If priority embarkation saves us a little time, then another bonus. My husband doesn't like to sit in the sun after having some skin cancers removed, so the extra balcony overhang shade is ideal.

When we booked, it was actually cheaper to go AQ than a standard balcony. AQ was $90 more pp, but they were offering extra OBC for AQ and above which was more than $90 pp.

We don't care about the "health food" in Blu, or the persian gardens, but we're looking forward to no formal nights, anytime dining, and my husband prefers to not sit with groups at dinner so we can have our 2-top every evening on our romantic anniversary trip. Those things plus some free bottles of water each day and it's worth it to us.

It sounds like we're likely to have a less crowded, quieter atmosphere at breakfast and dinner at Blu than in the MDR, so that would be a bonus. If priority embarkation saves us a little time, then another bonus. My husband doesn't like to sit in the sun after having some skin cancers removed, so the extra balcony overhang shade is ideal.

When we were in Aqua Class, at least four times, most guest did wear forrmal attire on formal nights. Not sure why people think it isn't formal. Perhaps not "mandated" but most guests do dress up formal nights.

When we were in Aqua Class, at least four times, most guest did wear forrmal attire on formal nights. Not sure why people think it isn't formal. Perhaps not "mandated" but most guests do dress up formal nights.

It probably depends on time of year and/or itinerary. Last March it was less than half that were dressed formal. I was on the minority side. :D

Sent from my Bat Phone

It probably depends on time of year and/or itinerary. Last March it was less than half that were dressed formal. I was on the minority side. :D

Sent from my Bat Phone

We typically sail in Dec. Jan- March or April (Springbreak) and August. Perhaps as you state it could vary from sailing to sailing- We also dine early which could impact the way people dress. Typically the "over 50" crowd dines early and tends to dress up more then the young people.

IMO, you should wear what makes you feel comfortable- Both physicially and emotionally.

Enjoy your cruise!

Not sure why people think it isn't formal

Because the Celebrity website says that Blu is always Smart Casual, formal applies to MDR only. Same applies to specialty restaurants too. If not in AQ, if people do not want to pack formal wear they can choose to eat in a specialty restaurant, or of course the buffet.

That is fine if people choose to dress formally anyway in Blu, but there are a lot of us that would prefer not to.

We booked Aqua Class once on the Summit. Loved Blu, but didn't get to enjoy the Persian Gardens since it really is not the same as the S-class ships.

We are on the Reflection in June and have booked Aqua again. Just wondering about using the Persian Garden loungers. Is there a better time to be able to get a lounger? Are they first-come, first-served? Is it difficult to find 2 next to one another? Do they take appointments? Thank you.

Diane

We booked Aqua Class once on the Summit. Loved Blu, but didn't get to enjoy the Persian Gardens since it really is not the same as the S-class ships.

We are on the Reflection in June and have booked Aqua again. Just wondering about using the Persian Garden loungers. Is there a better time to be able to get a lounger? Are they first-come, first-served? Is it difficult to find 2 next to one another? Do they take appointments? Thank you.

Diane

Lounger use completely depends on the Itinerary, hour by hour, where is the ship, how busy the spa is, and what else is happening on ship. No appointments. In very general terms, late afternoon, after a typical shore trip or time in sun/pool seems busier than other times. Reflection has more loungers than the other ships, maybe I was lucky, but did not have a problem. ps: No talking in that room, so being next to a friend not important.

Diane

The reflection has many more loungers. Best time early morning or late in the day

Diane

We sailed the Reflextion in AQ. One time we could not get into the Persain Gardens because all of the passes were out. Were told to come back 30 minutes later. Went to the Relaxation room and then went back, still no passes so we were let in without them. When we did get in there were empty loungers, dont know where the people were. It is hit and miss.

You don't need loungers next to each other. It is a place to relax and be quite, not to carry on a conversation as some insist on doing. I am sure once you are in there you will understand that.

🎅🎄

• 1 month later...

Wow... so glad to have found this thread. I was given a surprise upgrade to Aqua Class on my Bday for an upcoming cruise on the Reflection... Ever since, I have only heard bad things about Blu. I almost regretted making the change it was so bad. :(

Beth

Wow... so glad to have found this thread. I was given a surprise upgrade to Aqua Class on my Bday for an upcoming cruise on the Reflection... Ever since, I have only heard bad things about Blu. I almost regretted making the change it was so bad. :(

Beth

BLU is great. Aqua is great!

Beth

I would not pay extra for Blu on the Reflection due to overcrowding, less than stellar service, and other issues we have experienced. My experiences were a marked contrast to other S-class ships. It was the first time I have ever made a complaint to the Hotel Director. However, if you were given a free upgrade, take it. You can always eat in the MDR if you are not satisfied. Or hit a Specialty Restaurant or two. I have loved Blu on the other S-class ships and have paid for upgrades on those with no reservation.

I would not pay extra for Blu on the Reflection due to overcrowding, less than stellar service, and other issues we have experienced. My experiences were a marked contrast to other S-class ships. It was the first time I have ever made a complaint to the Hotel Director. However, if you were given a free upgrade, take it. You can always eat in the MDR if you are not satisfied. Or hit a Specialty Restaurant or two. I have loved Blu on the other S-class ships and have paid for upgrades on those with no reservation.

We have dined in Blu on multiple Celebrity Ships. Now, we no longer are impressed with Blu. We find that the tables are too close to each other, and the food fair to good. In addition if you are dining as a couple, you are really at a large long table with minimal space inbetween. We now book CC cabins in better locations then the aqua class cabins and the money that we save dine every evening in the speciality restaurants. Celebrity offers a special package making the cost at least 20% less then booking each restaurant daily. In additional, you can have lunch at any speciality restaurant offering lunch during the cruise and at Bistro on Five or the Lawn grill.

If this is a first ( or second) timer in Aqua Class, they will truly enjoy Blu.

Edited by Cruise a holic

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you, everyone for all of your comments. We ultimately booked the end of the hump AQ1 for only about $200 more than a standard balcony. We leave in 9 weeks and can't wait.

When we get back I'll post our comments about Reflection and the value of the AQ benefits.

Thank you, everyone for all of your comments. We ultimately booked the end of the hump AQ1 for only about $200 more than a standard balcony. We leave in 9 weeks and can't wait.

When we get back I'll post our comments about Reflection and the value of the AQ benefits.

Cool... That's kind of what we decided and we leave in less than 2 weeks on the reflection... Cabin 1618...

To each his own. I prefer the persian garden on M class ship. Maybe because it is less crowded, but I like the steam room and heated lounger (which on M ship is not individual bench, but large round bench) better. M rooms are darker. On S ships the lights are like being outside, which to me is not very relaxing.

Dining in Blu is casual (or above) every night. No requirement to dress up for formal nights. Some will some won't. Don't worry what others do.

Small point. Free bottled water in rooms. Seems so many have beverage package these days not sure if this is a big deal or not. Number of "free" bottles of water varies. Some have reported getting as many as want, others say only get 1 or 2 bottles per day.

We did Blu on one cruise. Always table for two. They are extremely close together. The person sitting at the next table was actually closer to you than your eating sitting companion across from you.

I have to agree with ths...I would also consider the nightly specialty restaurants as many evenings (2 weeks ago) we were still hungry and stopped to get a slice (okay two slices) of pizza before bed. It is just not what it use to be.