QUEST - just want to see?

Absolutely possible to watch and not participate. In fact, its the most likely scenario. Only people that want to participate are chosen, and there's always so many people that want to be involved. You can be a silent observer with no problem.

Although when our section's team needed bras, my normally very reserved mother in law whipped hers off so fast it made my head spin!! :D

I watched, laughed, but didn't get involved in any way.

I think watching is more fun than participating... but be prepared to laugh... and laugh... and laugh!!! Oh... and be prepared to get sucked into handing over things you'd never expect to let go of for the good of the TEAM!!! or the good of any TEAM!!! You don't wear dentures do you???

My DW and resolved to just watch on our last cruise.

It took all of 20 seconds for us to get sucked into a forming team... and I'm glad we did. We had a blast as we always do.

I've found there's no better way to bond with a fellow passenger than to be Quest teammates. :eek:

Seriously, though-- you'll have no problem just watching. Plenty of spectators.

Enjoy!

We always watch. I've provided one or two items over the many times we've been, but we prefer to watch. It's fun.

There's always the extreme extroverts who have to participate, so we let them.

Everyone who plays is not an extrovert. Myer-Briggs shows me as a highly introverted person, yet I never miss playing in a Quest game.

I even showed my tattooed on nipples (reconstructed breasts following bilateral mastectomies) to a CD when he asked for tattoos. The look on his face was priceless.

I love the quest. The first time I went, we didn't have any idea what to expect. Boy were we in for a great time. I always make sure I have a drink with a piece of fruit in it. They always look for fruit, lol.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

On our very first Quest, we intended to just watch.

First thing was "a man wearing ladies' shoes"........

Well, MY shoes came off and went straight to DH's feet. That was that.

I won't go into details about how one time his pants wound up on another man and his wallet ended up with someone else on the other side of the room...:eek:

DH and I enjoy watching the Quest, too. It is so funny. During the ast year we have seen two methods of play. On a larger ship {Explorer] the Quest took place in the ice rink area [studio B] and large teams were formed by sections of the audience. there were only 12 teams in the whole studio. They selected 2 male and 2 female captains of each team. Anyone in the section could contribute the named item.

On a smaller ship [Radiance] There were many [about 30] teams of 8-10 people each. There were many others who just watched.

We enjoyed both of these very much. In the case of the Explorer the CD was wonderful. He made the Quest game what it was. I am not sure if I would have like to see this hands off approach with a different CD. I will have to see.

Hello, new to Royal here.

I want to see Quest but don't want to participate in the play. Is this possible?

Any advise on how to do this? Thank you.

Just remember that Quest is like Agatha Christie's Mousetrap. You cannot give away what you saw to anyone else! No spilling the beans after. :D

I love the quest. The first time I went, we didn't have any idea what to expect. Boy were we in for a great time. I always make sure I have a drink with a piece of fruit in it. They always look for fruit, lol.

I finally went to Quest after my 4th cruise. I did not participate, that time, but just about pissed my pants I was laughing so hard. I have not missed it on a cruise since. I finally got one of my cruise buddies to go on my third cruise with her. She was not sure she would like it. We were sitting watching and when I turned to say something to her she was gone. I thought she had left. I asked her husband where she went and he did not know. We turn back to start watching again and there she was on the floor (it was held in the Ice Rink), fully participating.

Absolutely possible to watch and not participate. In fact, its the most likely scenario. Only people that want to participate are chosen, and there's always so many people that want to be involved. You can be a silent observer with no problem.

Although when our section's team needed bras, my normally very reserved mother in law whipped hers off so fast it made my head spin!! :D

I watched, laughed, but didn't get involved in any way.

I love when that happens. That game can bring out things in people they never thought they would do.

I finally went to Quest after my 4th cruise. I did not participate, that time, but just about pissed my pants I was laughing so hard. I have not missed it on a cruise since. I finally got one of my cruise buddies to go on my third cruise with her. She was not sure she would like it. We were sitting watching and when I turned to say something to her she was gone. I thought she had left. I asked her husband where she went and he did not know. We turn back to start watching again and there she was on the floor (it was held in the Ice Rink), fully participating.

I never thought I would do more than throw them some fruit. But on a Mediterranean cruise, it was an older crowd with not much participation. They were looking for bras and when an 80 year old woman in front of me took off her bra and handed it down, I couldn't help myself. Mine was strapless, so it was easy. It was funny to watch the teams with, what I will call "old lady bras" lol

Everyone who plays is not an extrovert. Myer-Briggs shows me as a highly introverted person, yet I never miss playing in a Quest game.

I even showed my tattooed on nipples (reconstructed breasts following bilateral mastectomies) to a CD when he asked for tattoos. The look on his face was priceless.

I'm kind of in between an introvert and extrovert depending on the audience, but my point was there are some extreme introverts who absolutely HAVE to play. They can't stand if they don't. They "need" it.

OMG, I think I was on the cruise you were on and in that game. Was the CD Richard Spacey?

BTW, we lived in Columbia, MD for 10 years (85-95).

Archived