Miami Hotel...new cruisers...need help!

PeanutBudder

We are first time cruisers and will be reviewing LOTS of things on here. But for right now, we want to book our hotel. We are going with our 2 young children, and are going 2 days early so we would like a hotel with a pool, shuttle from MIA airport yet be close enough to the Port of Miami and of course not too pricey. Any suggestions? Thanks!

The downtown Miami Hotels mostly do not have shuttled from the airport downtown and I would recommend staying there.

Here are some thoughts and they are located 10 minutes from the port.

Marriott Marquis

Intercontinental

Hampton Inn

There are many others but to keep this simple I would start with these.

Keith

The downtown Miami Hotels mostly do not have shuttled from the airport downtown and I would recommend staying there.

Here are some thoughts and they are located 10 minutes from the port.

Marriott Marquis

Intercontinental

Hampton Inn

There are many others but to keep this simple I would start with these.

Keith

The Marquis is about $400 a night, the Intercontinental has no availability....hampton Inn seems ok. Any other suggestions? From what I am reading I don't want to be near the airport, correct? Instead, book a hotel downtown Miami? I want to be in a safe area as we have young children...want good restaurants and a pool.

What about Coral Gables? How expensive would a cab ride be from MIA and then a ride back to Port? IS that worth it?

Thanks so much!

I would not stay by the airport.

The Marquis is one of the newest of the hotels and is really nice for the kids which is why I listed it first.

The Hampton Inn is one of the nicer Hampton's and it includes a nice breakfast. It is near an area called Mary Brickell that has lots of nice restaurants and you will definitely find many that will work for the kids. Nearby is also a drug store should you need anything for the family and there is also a Publix Supermarket right nearby too. I think that one will work nicely.

Other hotels are Hyatt and Marriott but I would go for the Hampton Inn.

It is in a safe area as is the Marriott Marquis and the other ones I mentioned.

Keith

PeanutBudder, welcome to the boards. This is discussed on a daily basis and the threads are here for your reading pleasure... :) If you go back one page and use the "Search this forum" function on the right hand side, type in Miami hotel, and literally hundreds of threads will come up. You can then read the threads, make your notes, check the reviews on Tripadvisor, check prices, and make your decision.

Have a great cruise.

The Marquis is about $400 a night, the Intercontinental has no availability....hampton Inn seems ok. Any other suggestions? From what I am reading I don't want to be near the airport, correct? Instead, book a hotel downtown Miami? I want to be in a safe area as we have young children...want good restaurants and a pool.

What about Coral Gables? How expensive would a cab ride be from MIA and then a ride back to Port? IS that worth it?

Thanks so much!

Comfort Suites Miami Airport North is a nice hotel: complimentary airport shuttle, port shuttle, hot breakfast, and internet. The neighborhood is decent, but no shopping or beach nearby. There is a Subway, a McD, and an IHOP in walking distance. We've stayed here twice - once with friends and family for our cruise wedding - and have booked again for January. It's our go-to Miami hotel.

ETA: they also have an indoor pool that my 3 yr old nephew lived in during our last stay!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

My family and I stayed at the LaQuinta Inn Miami airport east. They offer free shuttle service from the airport. And they offer free shuttle service to the port. They have a pool and free continental breakfast. If you need a ride from the port to the airport, it is $10. 00 per person. My rate per night was $85.00

My family and I stayed at the LaQuinta Inn Miami airport east. They offer free shuttle service from the airport. And they offer free shuttle service to the port. They have a pool and free continental breakfast. If you need a ride from the port to the airport, it is $10. 00 per person. My rate per night was $85.00

WE paid $90 in Jan of this year...will be staying again in Jan of 2014 and it is $140....

I see some of the recommendations to stay by the airport. I wouldn't. You are there for two days.

To me you are more limited and I wouldn't want to walk around there at night.

Keith

I agree. Do not stay by the airport and it is absurd getting food recommendations like IHOP and McDonalds in an amazing place like Miami.

I would absolutely look at staying in Coral Gables. Extremely safe.

Are you flying into MIA? :confused: Many choose to save airfare and hotel $$ by flying into FLL, which is only a 40 or so minute drive/shuttle ride from POM. Hotels in the FLL area are generally cheaper than comparable properties in Miami, and the area is generally more family friendly. That's where I would stay for two days if I still had little ones.

www.sunny.org has lots of FLL area tourist and hotel info.

Good luck! :)

Are you flying into MIA? :confused: Many choose to save airfare and hotel $$ by flying into FLL, which is only a 40 or so minute drive/shuttle ride from POM. Hotels in the FLL area are generally cheaper than comparable properties in Miami, and the area is generally more family friendly. That's where I would stay for two days if I still had little ones.

www.sunny.org has lots of FLL area tourist and hotel info.

Good luck! :)

We are flying into MIA...it was the cheapest for us going there. We are grabbing a flight home out of FLL though. Thanks for the suggestion though!

I agree. Do not stay by the airport and it is absurd getting food recommendations like IHOP and McDonalds in an amazing place like Miami.

I would absolutely look at staying in Coral Gables. Extremely safe.

Thanks! I booked Hampton Inn downtown just so that we have something BUT I am still looking...Coral Gables is on the radar. Do you have any specific suggestions of good hotels in Coral Gables?

Archived