GS upgrade: change to MTD to use CL?

iflyfish

The upgrade fairy gave me a birthday gift today and generously moved us to a GS for our Med cruise on Splendour next month. We currently have early seating but are thinking we want to take advantage of the CL happy hour offerings ;) and might prefer MTD to be able to go to dinner around 7:00 instead of 6:00. Late seating is too late for us.Thoughts?

The upgrade fairy gave me a birthday gift today and generously moved us to a GS for our Med cruise on Splendour next month. We currently have early seating but are thinking we want to take advantage of the CL happy hour offerings ;) and might prefer MTD to be able to go to dinner around 7:00 instead of 6:00. Late seating is too late for us.Thoughts?

Congratulations! Sure, why not? You just have to pre-pay your tips....and you can dine whenever you wish with MTD.

Congratulations :) The Concierge will be able to arrange that for you no problem. We are thinking of doing the same.

Congrat's on the upgrade.

MTD fit's in well with the CL. We like to go in for a couple of drinks before dinner, head down to dinner around 6:30ish then go back to the CL when we're done. A couple of times we we're having so much fun in the CL we never went to dinner until it closed. The beauty of MTD:D

Congrats on the upgrade, you are going to love your GS. MTD will be great for you!! enjoy the beautiful Med.:)

Has anyone used the Concierge to set-up MTD dining? If so can the Concierge so arrange reservation times for MTD? It seems like the early reservation times are always booked-up prior ti boarding?

Yes your concierge can usually take care of this for you. Email your concierge the week before and ask. They will contact the dining room staff to fit you in. We had to do this on our last cruise and it worked out great

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forums mobile app

11 if you count me.

See on the other hand we like our 5:30 dinner, we have a cocktail or two in the CL eat dinner and then have an after dinner drink or two in the CL.

But, whatever meets your needs and makes your cruise awesome is what you do. This works for us.

Sea Ya

Why not skip the MDR altogether and enjoy dinner on your balcony since you can order from the full MDR menu in a suite?

My vote would be MTD, so you can go when you feel like it. That way you don't have to worry that someone is waiting on you or feel rushed.

That is what we did last fall. We were upgraded (actually I caught a price drop) and we spent every evening in the CL. Some evenings we went to MTD. If we weren't very hungry (the food in the CL was great) we went to the buffet. You will love the GS.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Archived