Helium balloons?

BearsAhoy

We'll be on our cruise during our youngest son's birthday. I'm allergic to latex so regular balloons are definitely not an option. But, if we bring some Mylar balloons, is there any chance we could have them inflated with helium while aboard? Or whether RCI provides a non-latex option for cabin decorations?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk, please excuse wonky autocorrects.

We'll be on our cruise during our youngest son's birthday. I'm allergic to latex so regular balloons are definitely not an option. But, if we bring some Mylar balloons, is there any chance we could have them inflated with helium while aboard? Or whether RCI provides a non-latex option for cabin decorations?

Thanks!

I think this is something you would need to confirm directly with RCI. I suspect there could be an issue with the possibility of a Mylar helium filled balloon being accidentally released while at sea. This would be in direct conflict with their environmental concern policies.

Thanks!

Helium is becoming very expensive and there is a very critical shortage...that will impact many needs we actually have for it..Google this and I'm sure you won't be using helium filled party balloons any longer.

We'll be on our cruise during our youngest son's birthday. I'm allergic to latex so regular balloons are definitely not an option. But, if we bring some Mylar balloons, is there any chance we could have them inflated with helium while aboard? Or whether RCI provides a non-latex option for cabin decorations?Thanks!

Yes - they offer several different paper decoration packages. Look under the "gifts and gear" in the "before you board" section of the RCCL website.

M

Helium is becoming very expensive and there is a very critical shortage...that will impact many needs we actually have for it..Google this and I'm sure you won't be using helium filled party balloons any longer.

Party balloons and parade floats use a tiny fraction of the Helium supply. It is primarily used in industry (PC chips, fiber optics) and medicine (MRI, medical lasers).

The shortage is looming but it is due to the fact the U.S. government has been selling off the national reserves of helium since 1996 keeping the price of helium ridiculously low. They are suppose to stop this October but now there is legislation moving to have that extended. :mad:

Archived