Carnival STILL calling Sunshine a "NEW SHIP"

DarthGrady

Which makes it funny when you read posts suggesting name changes for the Triumph, Victory, or the Freedom.

No other ship in the Carnival fleet had as bad a reputation where they actually had to bury the name.

That is because they are not burying the name. Not sure at all what you mean by the other three ships you mention.

Me thinks you are making way to much of the word "new". Isn't embellished otherwised called marketing or PR? WHo sets those standards? Where does it begin and end? Royal calls the market place in the center of some of its ships Central Park....I am mad because it is not really Central Park! How can they lie and embellish like that? Catch my point?;)

No, I don't catch your point. There is in other places a 'Central Park' as there is a 'Main street'. Royal did not call their Central Park, Manhattens or New York City's Central Park. New means just what the word implies, NEW. Carnivals marketing or PR calling the ship new is just not true. To most people new means new...Get my point?

you mean like this?

rcinew.jpg

Bill

Not even comparable Bill.

Liberty of the Seas received a light cleaning compared to what was done to the Carnival Destiny. In past refurbishments Carnival has made it clear that the ship underwent a refurbishment. The Destiny however got completely gutted. It's like if you bought a used car that had every last component replaced except for the outer shell it would be a new car.

The Destiny however got completely gutted. It's like if you bought a used car that had every last component replaced except for the outer shell it would be a new car.

i don't think anybody would consider that a new car.

they would consider it a 'restored' or 'refurbished' 'classic' or 'late model' car.

Who cares????? You can put a first time cruiser on the sensation and if its their first time on that ship it is new to them.. I just don't get why people get worked up about something so trivial. They don't say it's brand new do they??? There are new things onboard isn't it??? I can't wait to sail the new sunshine!! Lol

Not even comparable Bill.

Liberty of the Seas received a light cleaning compared to what was done to the Carnival Destiny. In past refurbishments Carnival has made it clear that the ship underwent a refurbishment. The Destiny however got completely gutted. It's like if you bought a used car that had every last component replaced except for the outer shell it would be a new car.

The Destiny did not get completely gutted. That would mean every cabin was removed and replaced, just did not happen, every last component was not replaced, Your post was greatly embellished. The Destiny however was refurbished and renovated at great cost, and was made to look almost new with many improvements and should be represented that way...

Who cares????? You can put a first time cruiser on the sensation and if its their first time on that ship it is new to them.. I just don't get why people get worked up about something so trivial. They don't say it's brand new do they??? There are new things onboard isn't it??? I can't wait to sail the new sunshine!! Lol

So then ... why call it New?

Why Sensation isn't called New and all other ships for that matter?

New and new to somebody, but not so new are two different things. :)

On carnival's page they have:

VIDEOS

Breeze Virtual Tour

Dry Dock Recap

Watch a new day rise at sea, in the form of Carnival Sunshine.

Virtual Tour

Take a quick flight through the dry dock renovations.

The Very Hot Carnival Sunshine

The fun shines so intensely that this ship sizzles.

http://www.carnival.com/cruise-ships/carnival-sunshine.aspx

So then ... why call it New?

Why Sensation isn't called New and all other ships for that matter?

New and new to somebody, but not so new are two different things. :)

Would you prefer them use "introducing the new to you carnival sunshine"??? Lol

I am not going to read 6 pages of chattering.

I agree with Darth. Period.

It is an insult to those who know better.

It is misleading to new cruisers.

It is dishonest.

It is false advertising.

The Carnival Sunshine is not a new ship, she is the refurbished Destiny.

As has been mentioned a few times in this thread.... on the carnival website sunshine is listed as the transformed Destiny.

[quote name='ohiogymrat']As has been mentioned a few times in this thread.... on the carnival website sunshine is listed as the transformed Destiny.[/QUOTE]

Okay...so they are truthful there.
The brochure provided by the OP is dishonest, misleading and false advertising.

To those of you all saying "so"......
So a large corporation is falsely advertising one of the ships as "new"......
If you don't see that as an issue or a problem....... :rolleyes:

So who really cares? If it bothers you file a lawsuit but if not let it go. Go outside, breath the air, I'm going for a walk on the beach.

No lawsuit just stirring the pot along with others. Seems like a crappy way to spend the weekend or life?

My fruity Cheerios only had half a scoop.......I'm posting that in the Cheerios forum!!!!

I would hate to go on sunshine, it would suck even sitting on serenity deck looking at the islands pass by while I'm bitching to anyone that cares.

Archived