Miami hotels by port

comp_hop1

I have never been to Miami, me and my husband are flying into Ft. lauderdale and catching a shuttle to Miami the night before our cruise leaves. Please help me find a good shuttle company, and a safe hotel. Didn't know if there is bad sections close to the port. Thanks

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I have never been to Miami, me and my husband are flying into Ft. lauderdale and catching a shuttle to Miami the night before our cruise leaves. Please help me find a good shuttle company, and a safe hotel. Didn't know if there is bad sections close to the port. Thanks

We stayed at Miami Intercontinental last week

we booked through last minute travel and paid $128.Money well spent it was awesome

We are staying at the Hampton Inn on Brickell Avenue in Miami for our night before our cruise in November. Nice hotel and free breakfast. Close to a Publix supermarket so we can pick up our sodas, etc. for the ship.

I vote for the Intercontinental as well.

We've also stayed at Holiday Inn - Port of Miami several times. We stayed there earlier this month for our Liberty cruise. I would not recommend this hotel anymore.

It was obvious housekeeping doesn't clean very well. There was a pair of dirty socks left in our room. It looked like a paint job had not been completed. It's just really gone downhill, IMO.

And just so you know if you call them you will get a better rate

It was new to me and I just clicked on 5 star hotels (guarantee) and with the help on here I learned that if you do a mock booking with a car it shows you the hotel that you will get

The Intercontinental is close to the port a very short taxi ride and close to bayside for food drink and shopping

The wife and I are staying at the Hyatt Regency Miami the night before our cruise. We are flying into FLL also, will probably have a private car transport us to the hotel and then just take a cab to the port.

Mike

The wife and I are staying at the Hyatt Regency Miami the night before our cruise. We are flying into FLL also, will probably have a private car transport us to the hotel and then just take a cab to the port.

Mike

Im not sure they go to your hotel but you may want to check out ridesas.com ,they are really cheap and reliable.A taxi or car service from FLL to Miami is not cheap

I think we paid $15 each

Edited by mikel24m

I vote for the Intercontinental as well.

We've also stayed at Holiday Inn - Port of Miami several times. We stayed there earlier this month for our Liberty cruise. I would not recommend this hotel anymore.

It was obvious housekeeping doesn't clean very well. There was a pair of dirty socks left in our room. It looked like a paint job had not been completed. It's just really gone downhill, IMO.

I was at the Holiday Inn Port of Miami 3 days ago. I had a better experience. Room, hotel, and restaurant were very clean. Not arguing with you or trying to make it seem that your report is not accurate. Just throwing my experience out there.

I was at the Holiday Inn Port of Miami 3 days ago. I had a better experience. Room, hotel, and restaurant were very clean. Not arguing with you or trying to make it seem that your report is not accurate. Just throwing my experience out there.

No problem! I understand it was just the room I was in, I could have been given a different room and had a good experience just like every other time I've stayed there.

But IMO, for the money, the Intercontinental is a nicer property. If one shops around online, great deals can be found which are about the same price as HI-POM.

We stayed at Miami Intercontinental last week

we booked through last minute travel and paid $128.Money well spent it was awesome

This. Intercontinental is really nice, and can be had at last minute travel dot com for a great price. It is right next door to the Bayside Marketplace which has good eats.

Intercontinental is my absolute favorite. For my cruise earlier this month I stayed at the Hyatt Downtown and was really disappointed. Not that the Hyatt was awful, just not up to par with the Intercontinental. Lesson learned for me, just book the Intercontinental. It is close to Bayside and also the Brickell area. Fabulous!

What are the last minute websites that ya'll use? I was using priceline, but that is how I ended up with the Hyatt. I want a for sure win for the Intercontinental.

Intercontinental is my absolute favorite. For my cruise earlier this month I stayed at the Hyatt Downtown and was really disappointed. Not that the Hyatt was awful, just not up to par with the Intercontinental. Lesson learned for me, just book the Intercontinental. It is close to Bayside and also the Brickell area. Fabulous!

What are the last minute websites that ya'll use? I was using priceline, but that is how I ended up with the Hyatt. I want a for sure win for the Intercontinental.

last minute travel dot com

What you do is basically book a 4 star hotel "blind" and you don't know which until you book it UNLESS you do a mock booking that includes a rental car and then it shows the hotel by name

• 1 month later...
Have stayed at Marriott Biscayne Bay for 2 of last 3 years.

Just bid and won for $87.00 plus taxes - Nov 29 - Dec 1 pre cruise.

Close to Metro mover and bus (for $2.00) to South Beach.

Hi

I am curious about your bid for this hotel. What site did you use? How do I place a bid. Sorry I have never actually bid in a hotel before and I'm not familiar with the process. We are flying in Jan.17 and need a hotel close to POM

Thanks in advance!

Hi

I am curious about your bid for this hotel. What site did you use? How do I place a bid. Sorry I have never actually bid in a hotel before and I'm not familiar with the process. We are flying in Jan.17 and need a hotel close to POM

Thanks in advance!

If you have never used a bidding site like Hotwire or Priceline do LOTS of homework on www.betterbidding.com before you wind up with a hotel that does not meet your needs.

For POM you want to be downtown. You will not get a price like the other poster -- Nov post Thanksgiving is a dead period compared to Jan (around MLK holiday).

If you need a room for more than 2 Priceline is not good for you. Good luck!