Cruising Oceania Line June 28th, 2014

adean57

Not sure what you mean by a fancy person ...there are not formal night but people tend to dress nicely

Be sure to join the Roll Call for your cruise where you will meet some of your fellow ship mates

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=420

Look for the ship then for your sailing date & post in that thread

enjoy

Lyn

I am going to answer a bit differently - based on a recent experience I had.

Whether you will feel out of place is up to you and in your own head.

I just got off an Azamara cruise and spent a lot of time with a couple that has cruised many lines. They took one Oceania cruise and told me that they would not return because they did not "feel comfortable." They thought fellow cruisers thought they were "better" than them. I was surprised, because having met this couple they seemed to be a fine fit for O. The demographic is somewhat eclectic. I have met folks from all walks of life.

No one can tell you if you will feel comfortable on Oceania. If you are as they say "comfortable in your own skin" you won't have a problem. If you have low self-esteem or feel intimidated by others who might be better traveled or more financially secure, you probably would not feel comfortable in a lot of places.

As for dress it is very relaxed, as a man I never had to look at the sport coat I took, jeans/swim suit during the day, dockers at night. We used the terrace grill some nights and jeans were ok, and the food and service was great. As for fellow pass, some felt they had to bring up their butler, better brake fast ect, however my take is after the trip you can show me pictures of him and your room and I will show you the new Rolex watch I got! You will have a great time.

Hi Adean57 and welcome to Cruise Critic.

Having just taken my first Oceania Cruise I can assure you that in all my cruises I have never met a nicer group of passengers overall than on Nautica.

As others have said, of course whether you feel comfortable or not is largely down to you, but the on board experience was elegant but comfortable and in no way intimidating. Have a great time.

Thank you everyone for the responses. I appreciate all the advice. I'm sure I will have a wonderful time. I guess what I mean by "Not Fancy" is that I am low key. I'm not intimidated by a person's wealth. (My best friend travelling with me is very wealthy) I just wondered about the basic personality of the cruisers. Guess I'll find out right lol.

I'm sure this trip is going to be wonderful.

Thanks for the feedback

Don't even think twice about it. You will not only feel comfortable but welcomed. O's passengers and crew are extremely nice people.

After 6 or 7 Oceania cruises we find this to be the case also. Easy to meet people if you want to. Nothing fancy. :)

I'm so excited to cruise with Oceania next year. I am not a fancy person. Will I feel out of place on this ship?

I was on Oceania once, you will not feel out of place, everyone is friendly.

I met people who were friends of people in my home town and some who knew people I worked with in the hospital.

It was a great cruise.

I met people who were friends of people in my home town and some who knew people I worked with in the hospital.

It was a great cruise.

Thank you travelfirst.

Hi Adean57 and welcome to Cruise Critic.

Having just taken my first Oceania Cruise I can assure you that in all my cruises I have never met a nicer group of passengers overall than on Nautica.

As others have said, of course whether you feel comfortable or not is largely down to you, but the on board experience was elegant but comfortable and in no way intimidating. Have a great time.

Thank you Sharon

It was a great cruise.

Thanks Travelfirst

Not sure what you mean by a fancy person ...there are not formal night but people tend to dress nicely

Be sure to join the Roll Call for your cruise where you will meet some of your fellow ship mates

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=420

Look for the ship then for your sailing date & post in that thread

enjoy

Lyn

Thank you Lyn. I did go to the roll call.

I am going to answer a bit differently - based on a recent experience I had.

Whether you will feel out of place is up to you and in your own head.

I just got off an Azamara cruise and spent a lot of time with a couple that has cruised many lines. They took one Oceania cruise and told me that they would not return because they did not "feel comfortable." They thought fellow cruisers thought they were "better" than them. I was surprised, because having met this couple they seemed to be a fine fit for O. The demographic is somewhat eclectic. I have met folks from all walks of life.

No one can tell you if you will feel comfortable on Oceania. If you are as they say "comfortable in your own skin" you won't have a problem. If you have low self-esteem or feel intimidated by others who might be better traveled or more financially secure, you probably would not feel comfortable in a lot of places.

Thanks for the feedback. I will post here after the trip and let everyone know my experience. I have wonderful friends I'm going with so I will have a blast.

Archived