Countdown to 2015 Voyages

Stumblefoot

I am a SS booster, with hundreds of nights on the line.

But I am very disappointed in their current performance.

They make a big deal with countdown clock, etc., of the release of the 2015 schedules. And then they fail to deliver.

This release should have been tested and retested and ready to roll at the promised time.

Don't promise what you can't deliver, Silversea. Posting a 2015 schedule at the promised time is not rocket science.

People might imagine that the inability to deliver promises regarding schedules might suggest an inability to deliver services once onboard.

I had no intention of staying up late to see the itineraries, so I've only just checked now. I'm in the UK today and it's 8.30am here.

I can see limited availability up to March 2015. Not all ships are showing in any of the first 3 months.

However, we're definitely interested in the Silver Shadow FLL to Valparaiso in January 2015. We missed out on doing that trip on Spirit about 18 months ago, so I'm glad it's back. :D

Well it is now 11pm Monday night on the east coast of Australia.Still nothing so off to bed.

By coincidence we are off to a cruise afternoon tomorrow and there is to be someone from silverseas Australia there.They had better be ready to answer a few questions.:)

Coincides with what Silversea Headquarters travel consultant told us yesterday, 2015 (beyond Mar 2015)open Monday, Sept 30th
Hi Wes. Just curious if you might have heard from your SS Rep (Marie) today with an explanation as to why the 2015 voyages haven't been loaded yet. Thanks!

Since they made such a big deal with their countdown clock about the Sunday release of the 2015 itineraries, would it be too much to ask SS to post a message on their homepage saying when info will actually be available?

I'm pleased that someone in the UK was able to book a summer Cloud cruise. However, I am not about to call my contact in FLL and ask her to read me the entire 2015 schedule so that I can see which cruise(s) I might be interested in booking.

My 2015 cruise (on Crystal) has been booked for 6 months now so I guess I don't need to see the 2015 calendar.

I will note that last week I received a letter from Ellen letting me know that the 2014 Voyage Collection is now ready to be downloaded. I take this to mean there won't be a paper copy, it is up to me to download it and print it off (since I like to flip back and forth in it.)

This year, we're also excited to deliver the 2014 Voyage Collection and 2014 Silversea Expeditions brochures to you in a new digital format.

Ms. Bettridge, you may be excited but I'm not. I like to settle into a chair on a wintery day and page randomly through, looking at the little maps included in the description and pausing where I see places I want to go, then reading dates and details.

Hi Stumblefoot,

Tried to reach Marie today but she is out of office and left auto response to try one of her colleagues (e.g. Marcia at X3070). Marcia mentioned to me ten minutes ago (as previous posters intimated) SS is indeed having computer problems today preventing the timely loading of the 2015 itineraries.

Was able to get our June 20-July 7th, 2015 Cloud (Norway/Russia/Denmark) voyage fleshed out port by port. Our TA did book us in our fav Cloud suite--we actually like the 2015 Norwegian fjords itin better than next years (2014) tho both 17 days and very, very similar ports, the 2015 voyage embarks/disembarks from Copenhagen vs

Oslo/Copenhagen next year. Also, we do not visit Leknes Norway instead in 2015, visit Harstad, Norway.

Thanks Wes for reaching out to SS and on behalf of us all here at CC, for sharing your findings. It's a shame they are having computer problems. It seems IT has become a regular issue for them unfortunately.

I look forward to cruising the Norwegian fjords someday. I've had the bug ever since following along Terry of Ohio's trip in 2010. Hopefully, 2016 will be our year. We shall see.

Since they made such a big deal with their countdown clock about the Sunday release of the 2015 itineraries, would it be too much to ask SS to post a message on their homepage saying when info will actually be available?

Silversea have a Facebook page as well - so they could easily post an explanation on there as to why the long awaited info hasn't been released. :rolleyes:

Silversea have a Facebook page as well - so they could easily post an explanation on there as to why the long awaited info hasn't been released. :rolleyes:

Or perhaps posting a brief explanation on the SS homepage. They were apparently able to take down the countdown clock. It wouldn't have taken much effort to have added an explanation on the homepage.

Sad.

Your very welcome Stumblefoot.

Rachel, we embark Copenhagen on Saturday June 20th, 2015; now Ida and I expect George and you to book! Pls tell George I will gladly bring a blankie for his Marine Teddy Bear he sleeps with :). Seriously, this is an absolutely wonderful itinerary as Terry & Duct Tape will attest to. Moreover, it's on the cloud, one of most intimate lux ships to sail at sea, with the very best run crew at sea!

Our very good cruise friends (John & Les) from Detoit are also booking this voyage.

We will have a visual/sensory/gustatory/liquid refreshment blast :)

Rachel, would be terrific to cruise w/you (and maybe George) again. SS website still not updated, but our TA (same you used for Viking star) sent us:

20 Jun Saturday, Copenhagen Denmark

21 Jun Sunday, Sea Day

22 Jun Monday, Bergen, Norway

23 Jun Tuesday, Helleysylt, Norway

24 Jun Wed, Sea Day (Trivia chance for y'all to win despite having George on your team :))

25 Jun Thurs, Harstad, Norway

26 Jun, Fri, Tromso, Norway

27 Jun, Sat, Honningsvad (No. Cape) Norway

28 Jun, Sun, Sea Day (yipee)

29 Jun, Mon, Archangel, Russia

30 Jun, Tue, Sea Day (another chance for y'alls Trivia team to win despite being handicapped with George as a membr)

1 Jul, Wed, Murmansk, Russia

2 Jul Thur, Alta, Norway

3 Jul, Fri, Sea Day

4 Jul, Sat, Kristainsund, Norway

5 Jul, Sun, Haugesund, Norway

6 Jul, Mon, Sea Day

7 Jul, Tues, Copenhagen, Denmark

brimary, do I assume correctly it is from Tower Bridge? icon7.gif

Duct tape...correct awaiting details of cruises prior to and after before moving frm option to deposit.Trust you are well we are busy packing for Cloud 25 Oct cant wait.

Doing it my way ship by ship now comes up as No voyages found.So not even 2013 or 2014 let alone 2015.

Brings out a few deficiencies in the SS management such as people with knowledge of IT or PR.

PS 5 minutes later and they have returned including the 2015 voyages!

The Norwegian fjord cruise is one of my favorites, especially if it includes the Lefoten Islands. Spectacular scenery as you have dinner in LaTerrazza with a panoramic view! Will do it again (#3) I am sure. Wes, I second the thought that the little Cloud is the jewel of the line. Enjoy!

Archived