Michael's Club

B1G

The history and future of Michaels Club has been discussed extensively on Cruise Critic. Just a word to those who enjoy craft beers and Michaels Club; You need to convince Celebrity through your use and purchases that Michaels Club should remain a venue for craft beers. I've been on many Celebrity ships since the conversion and often see it empty or barely populated. My guess is that it will be gone if it doesn't begin to generate a profit.

doubled wrote " Have heard they're only open limited hours in the evening" and that is generally the case -- Michael's Club is not open in the afternoon. I would not expect to find the craft beer selection on Eclipse, it seems to be limited to only certain ships and this doesn't appear to be one of them.

The history and future of Michaels Club has been discussed extensively on Cruise Critic. Just a word to those who enjoy craft beers and Michaels Club; You need to convince Celebrity through your use and purchases that Michaels Club should remain a venue for craft beers. I've been on many Celebrity ships since the conversion and often see it empty or barely populated. My guess is that it will be gone if it doesn't begin to generate a profit.

Good point, but I have seen the same think on the Solstice Class ship that do not have a Craft Beer/Sport Bar Michaels Club. I think Celebrity is trying different things to find something that works.

Do you know if Celebrity actually "converted" any of the Michaels Clubs or did they just built the last two in the new style?

I believe that every reincarnation of Michael's Club has failed. The one long-term solution may be a Concierge lounge for suites and, drum roll... VIP lounge because nothing will turn the location into a money maker anyways.

Does the Summit Michael's Club have this extensive Beer Menu? The one on the Constellation (April 2013) did not.

This concerns me since we plan to be on the Constellation in Feb. and one of the (main) reasons we chose the ship is because it has Michael's and the craft beers. And we upgraded to the Premium package just so that my husband can try any of the beers he wants from there. According to the Celebrity website, Michael's on the Connie does have the 64 beers. Is that not true? I'm also concerned about all of the comments that Michael's is not open much of the time. If, in fact, the Connie does have the craft beers, is Michael's the only place we can get them? If I find out that my husband the beer snob could be stuck drinking Bud all day I may have to cancel this cruise!

Michael's on the Eclipse doesn't have the craft beer set up. We have been on the ship 3 times over the past year and while we have been on it has worked well for us. It has had a pianist on the first 2 cruises and nothing thereafter - Perry Grant Camden on board and wouldn't play there.

It seems as if he has now invaded our favourite place on the Eclipse. We will probably avoid in 12 days time.

Edited by Gordoncruickshank

• 9 months later...

A few years ago I got excited to hear the there was finally a cruise line that carried and extensive line of craft beers in their Michael's Club. We are finally trying the Celebrity line and now see the following on Celebrity's website:

"A private lounge for those in Celebrity, Signature, Royal, Penthouse and Reflection Suites, as well as for Captain’s Club Zenith members."

Does this mean that if we're not staying in one of these suites or a Zenith member I'm not allowed in the club at any time? I'm also reading that Michael's Club on Constellation doesn't carry craft beer anymore?

Can someone clarify? Many thanks in advance.

A few years ago I got excited to hear the there was finally a cruise line that carried and extensive line of craft beers in their Michael's Club. We are finally trying the Celebrity line and now see the following on Celebrity's website:

"A private lounge for those in Celebrity, Signature, Royal, Penthouse and Reflection Suites, as well as for Captain’s Club Zenith members."

Does this mean that if we're not staying in one of these suites or a Zenith member I'm not allowed in the club at any time? I'm also reading that Michael's Club on Constellation doesn't carry craft beer anymore?

Can someone clarify? Many thanks in advance.

Yes but on my last Summit cruise, the craft beers were moved to the Cellar Masters and they are experimenting with a new Gastro Bar on Equinox. I think you'll still be able to get your craft beer just not in Michael's.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes but on my last Summit cruise, the craft beers were moved to the Cellar Masters and they are experimenting with a new Gastro Bar on Equinox. I think you'll still be able to get your craft beer just not in Michael's.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks Westlakegirl and Big_G!