Millie is leaving FLL

wallie5446

Anyone know if there are paying passengers onboard? Camera 2 is of the cabins on the stern and there look to be some people standing outside on the balconies.

This is the regularly scheduled Panama Canal cruise to San Diego. It returned from there this morning. Celebrity announced delayed boarding because of a Coast Guard & CDC inspection. Maybe that delayed onloading of supplies.

I got off the Millennium this morning from her first post-pod replacement cruise. It was a wonderful 15 night cruise. I think the crew was happy to have guests aboard after four weeks of cleaning. I hope the passengers on her now have as nice a cruise as I did.

That's great news. Glad you had a good cruise!

When you watch a sail away at dusk, there are blocks 4,5,6, up to 8 in a row, 2 to 3 decks that are dark. Yes some will be out of the cabin, but that is the sign that those are not occupied. We could only see the Port side after the rain let up, but there were a lot strung together that were dark.

I got off the Millennium this morning from her first post-pod replacement cruise. It was a wonderful 15 night cruise. I think the crew was happy to have guests aboard after four weeks of cleaning. I hope the passengers on her now have as nice a cruise as I did.

I hope so too, as we have a couple of friends on board. I'm glad you had a wonderful time!

Carpe, how about a review? We are anxiously awaiting Millie's arrival in SD for our Hawaiian cruise and would love to know how you found her post "fix-up".

Marilyn

Yes please!! Great to hear you had a lovely cruise. There has been no news on the Millennium in ages, other than the news about the pod. We will be on her in January and would love to know if they did anythng extra in this unscheduled drydock . Although the deep cleaning will certainly have spruced things up....

Please tell more - it's so good to hear from someone who sailed on the first cruise after the problems and great to hear that you had a good cruise. We'll be on her in November and hoping to hear some feedback. :)

I was also on the sailing w/ Carpe (HI LARRY). The ship looks WONDERFUL. They deep cleaned and polished and scrubbed and painted during her month out of service for the pod replacement. Also did some additional staff training. I was mentioning that after 65 cruises I was kind of "cruised out" but the ship, the staff, the entire experience gave me a newfound appreciation of cruising.

They now have SPE meals (1 changing SPE entree, app, dessert for each meal) in the MDR as well as the Aqua Spa cafe and they were terrific. Except for the fact that they just couldn't seem to get a room service order right to save their lives (no big deal for sure) it was some of the best, most attentive service ever.

Additionally if you ever have the opportunity to do an Excite the Senses cruise, I highly recommend it. They did a "Pop up" restaurant dinner one night that was beyond amazing.

There was some stellar entertainment (ok and some not so stellar but different strokes...). The cruise was just absolutely excellent and everything looked to be in terrific shape. Enjoy her. I did.

Bighairtexan you've made my day! After all the negative reviews it's so nice to read something positive. Can't wait to sail on her in January.

Mine too - can't wait to board her next month :D

Mine too - can't wait to board her next month :D

Same here! I've been reading anything and everything, nervously waiting to see that things were going well and reviews were better than thy had been in the months before the problems with the pod. Fingers crossed things are back on track and everything stays that way!

Archived