Singles to get Double Points

Will they ALLOW a single person to book multiple cabin to stack points? I don't think they will.

I don't think they will let you as well. But if I book one cabin and my wife books her own cabin we will each earn double solo points, and extra per day if we are in suites. Perhaps more depending on the supplement?

I don't earn the points for my in laws cabin that I pay for. I doubt they would let me book more than 1 cabin per sailing for myself. That being said IF they allow/sell you extra cabins you should get the points.

Edited by A&L_Ont

Will they ALLOW a single person to book multiple cabin to stack points? I don't think they will.

I have no idea and since I would never even think of doing it, have no interest in researching it. That said, with everyone trying to figure out how to "game" the system, I decided to thing big. :D

If anyone decides to give this a try, please come back and let us know how it went. Making D+ with two back to back cruises would certainly be news worthy. :)

I also doubt it would allow it.

I do not think there would be precedent for it. For example, has anybody on CC hear of a solo (or couple for that matter) booking themselves multiple cabins on one cruise (presumably an inexpensive cruise or during the DinD of days gone by) and successfully stacking the points from multiple cabins? I doubt it happened then; I doubt it will happen now.

I also doubt it would allow it.

I do not think there would be precedent for it. For example, has anybody on CC hear of a solo (or couple for that matter) booking themselves multiple cabins on one cruise (presumably an inexpensive cruise or during the DinD of days gone by) and successfully stacking the points from multiple cabins? I doubt it happened then; I doubt it will happen now.

Couples have been know to book two cabins for long cruises, one cabin is used to hold all the luggage. I am not aware of a single doing the same thing.

dad-with-too-much-luggage-in-an-airport.jpg

4b963a23f7d2f300252f32c7c685a9b6.jpg

PicForNewsletter03182006AZValwithLuggage.JPG

I think this next one was actually for a family of four (not a solo traveler) ...

Lost-Luggage.jpg

I was sort of wondering he same thing. I'm curious if anyone has ever been successful doing this? I would think that the cruise line would allow paying customers to pay for a whole floor if they wanted, just never heard of anyone booking more than one room in their name. Interesting concept. If they did book and pay for more than one room, they should be entitled to the benefits of each one.

I'm guessing that they don't actually allow people to book more than one room in the same person's name. To simplify my explanation, let's just consider Suite Cabin rooms that cost 200% to a solo person. If a few friends got together and wanted to each have a solo room, they would all be paying the same solo as they would with 2 per room. Therefore, IF THEY WERE ALLOWED to book themselves in multiple rooms, they should all book the rooms as doubles with each of them in two rooms (but plan to only use one room each). This would then get each of them 2 nights/per room * 2/each day (2 suite rooms each purchased as double occupancy). In other words, they would each pay the extra taxes for the extra room booked, but they would each get credit for 4 Nights/per night. After going through this scenario, I am of the feeling that RCCL won't allow multiple rooms in one person's name. Otherwise, multiple solo cruisers could have always taken advantage of the situation whenever the single supplements doubled the price to cruise solo. If they will allow this scenario, I know what I will be proposing to my friends in the future to maximize points. 4 credits per night is always better than 3 credits per night.

If any one has ever booked multiple rooms in one person's name, please let us know.

Couples have been know to book two cabins for long cruises, one cabin is used to hold all the luggage. I am not aware of a single doing the same thing.

Certainly couples have been known to book two cabins (one in each person's name). Not for luggage as we are light packers, but we have done it when pricing as two solos in connecting cabins is cheaper than two guests in one JS. We each got the points we earned; before the recent solo bonus point offering, booking this way did not stack the points any higher.

Edited by Starry Eyes

According to crown and anchor rep all people that sail solo in any category get 1 bonus point per night regardless of price, supplement, and duration of cruise. So that is why some call it double, below JS it IS double. JS and above an extra point is a 50% bonus.

As far as the poster above that said a single could book two JS for 3 points for each room for each day, I don't know if they would let you do that, although I feel like regardless of any discount for balcony or higher you may as well just book a hallway of cat Z and be D+ even faster. I feel like they won't allow this though.

Your name is only allowed to be on one reservation so there can be no stacking of points. For example if MR and MRS Smith go on a cruise and book solo cabins because of a great deal then MR Smith has his name one cabin and Mrs Smith will have her name on the other. RCI will NOT let MR Smith put his name on both cabins and stack the points.

Certainly couples have been known to book two cabins (one in each person's name). Not for luggage as we are light packers, but we have done it when pricing as two solos in connecting cabins is cheaper than two guests in one JS. We each got the points we earned; before the recent solo bonus point offering, booking this way did not stack the points any higher.

Or even cheaper that two guest in 1 balcony cabin:D:eek: Ditto the rest !!!

Attack me; I can take it.

There are ongoing discussions on several different threads on Facebook, with people posting who have called Royal Caribbean and gotten verification.

No one else has the chutzpah to post here.

I do. :D

If you are sailing solo in a cabin built for two (not the single rooms on the new Quantum, I assume), you will receive two points per night sailed.

So if your i a suite will you get 4X the points?

It's interesting to see all the couples that are scheming to get extra points by booking 2 connecting cabins. Funny how they didn't feel this way for the years that solos paid extra and didn't get the extra points.:rolleyes: Many that claim they don't care about the extra points are the the ones who have posted the most on this thread and have been busy scheming but yet "they don't care". It is clear who the point chasers are no matter how much they try and deny it.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

A simple fix to avoid such schemes would have Royal not giving bonus points to any solo cabins booked for members of the same household/spouses. Only if they booked solo cabins on separate ships would bonus points be awarded. That would help avoid the point chasers taking advantage of something that was designed to be a perk to the true solo passenger. Ultimately the room stewards would be the ones that would lose out the most if many couples booked solo in connecting cabins.

"According to crown and anchor rep all people that sail solo in any category get 1 bonus point per night regardless of price, supplement, and duration of cruise. So that is why some call it double, below JS it IS double. JS and above an extra point is a 50% bonus."

It's interesting to see all the couples that are scheming to get extra points by booking 2 connecting cabins. Funny how they didn't feel this way for the years that solos paid extra and didn't get the extra points.:rolleyes: Many that claim they don't care about the extra points are the the ones who have posted the most on this thread and have been busy scheming but yet "they don't care". It is clear who the point chasers are no matter how much they try and deny it.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

A simple fix to avoid such schemes would have Royal not giving bonus points to any solo cabins booked for members of the same household/spouses. Only if they booked solo cabins on separate ships would bonus points be awarded. That would help avoid the point chasers taking advantage of something that was designed to be a perk to the true solo passenger. Ultimately the room stewards would be the ones that would lose out the most if many couples booked solo in connecting cabins.

A simple fix would be for RCI to change their policy. You want people who play according to the rules to be punished?

Not everyone is in it for the points. On cruises with a 110% supplement I'd book connecting balcony cabins, get my balcony discount (2x) apply any savings certificates (2x), bring aboard the full allotment of wine (2x); get welcome aboard amenities (2x) net result; I'd have a room for my luggage, a giant balcony, and two bathrooms for us to get ready in the evenings in for the same or lower cost than booking 1 room for two people.

It's not cheating. THAT'S the rules. It's very enticing.

"According to crown and anchor rep all people that sail solo in any category get 1 bonus point per night regardless of price, supplement, and duration of cruise. So that is why some call it double, below JS it IS double. JS and above an extra point is a 50% bonus."

It's so easy when you think of it as a bonus point just like Diamonds in December was. Everyone just gets all confused by using the word double.

It's so easy when you think of it as a bonus point just like Diamonds in December was. Everyone just gets all confused by using the word double.

Correct. It is simply 1 Bonus point per night for a solo cruiser; regardless of category.

I apologize for using the (apparently misleading) term "double".

For one thing, since I would not think of booking a suite by myself, that consideration did not enter my head.

The real reason?

I thought that SINGLES to get DOUBLE points sounded good as a thread title!!!!

;)

Well actually it is not regardless of category completely. It is one bonus point for the solo cruiser and also 1 bonus point if booked in a suite.

It's exactly what I said it is.

Categories Below JS = 1 point per night per person double occupancy.

Categories Below JS = 1 point per night per solo cruiser + 1 bonus point.

Categories JS and Higher = 2 points per night per person double occupancy.

Categories JS and Higher = 2 points per night per solo cruiser + 1 bonus pt.

Why is this like trying to perform rocket surgery to so many on here; this is the absolute simplest promotion to understand.

A simple fix would be for RCI to change their policy. You want people who play according to the rules to be punished?

Not everyone is in it for the points. On cruises with a 110% supplement I'd book connecting balcony cabins, get my balcony discount (2x) apply any savings certificates (2x), bring aboard the full allotment of wine (2x); get welcome aboard amenities (2x) net result; I'd have a room for my luggage, a giant balcony, and two bathrooms for us to get ready in the evenings in for the same or lower cost than booking 1 room for two people.

It's not cheating. THAT'S the rules. It's very enticing.

You cannot get a balcony discount and also apply a saving certificate. If these same couples booked 2 cabins previously for the reasons you state it would be one thing but I don't believe that to be the case. Some may not to admit to being point chasers but the recent scheming would say otherwise.

I still believe that it is the room stewards that ultimately lose out by the couples booking solo connecting cabins. Normally they would book together and the low supplement may entice a new cruiser or any other solo cruiser to book. The couple booking connecting cabins take away the opportunity for the room steward to gain maximum tips by having couples that would normally be in one room spread out over 2. Now the room steward is not getting extra from this couple but is now doing twice the work.

You believe what you will but I have a different view. Ultimately I believe it would be better if Royal did not award the bonus points to members of the same household/spouses unless they pay 200% for each cabin.

Why is this like trying to perform rocket surgery to so many on here; this is the absolute simplest promotion to understand.

That is not what was implied by your above post. However if you have to be right then go ahead and repeat what I said above using your own words.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

I still believe that it is the room stewards that ultimately lose out by the couples booking solo connecting cabins. Normally they would book together and the low supplement may entice a new cruiser or any other solo cruiser to book. The couple booking connecting cabins take away the opportunity for the room steward to gain maximum tips by having couples that would normally be in one room spread out over 2. Now the room steward is not getting extra from this couple but is now doing twice the work.

Seems factually accurate given the current state of mathematics.

You believe what you will but I have a different view. Ultimately I believe it would be better if Royal did not award the bonus points to members of the same household/spouses unless they pay 200% for each cabin.

Royal will sell a cabin to anyone willing to pay and they will gladly sell one cabin to one adult at whatever they determine the supplement needs to be to fill up that room. They are better off with rooms with solo cruisers than empty rooms; are they not? They are a public corporation that must answer to shareholders, which means doing things that increase overall profits.

If RCI did not believe this sort of marketing would improve profits they wouldn't do it; would they? I doubt it.

I don't care how people get points; I want the best value for my money and in some cases that means booking two cabins instead of one. So be it. You seem to be personally offended by this and I can not imagine why. The actual percentage of people who will do this will be miniscule.

Your argument also applies to families of 4 who put the kids in one room and the parents in another. Why shouldn't they be forced to be in one cabin, they all have the same address, thus freeing up the other cabin for MORE revenue generating passengers who will tip the room stewards and waiters as well? By your standards the family of four is cheating the system by reducing the tip pool to the hotel staff, no?

That is not what was implied by your above post. However if you have to be right then go ahead and repeat what I said above using your own words.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

All I did was repeat my own words. I can't help it if you continue to see things differently or not fully comprehend, but I can try. Nothing personal against you, I have been clarifying this policy time and again on here because people don't understand that it isn't double, it is bonus. And only sometimes does the bonus equal double (100%), other times the bonus is less than double (50%). Save your roll eye icons, I'm just trying to separate fact from fiction for the benefit and education of all.

Seems factually accurate given the current state of mathematics.

Royal will sell a cabin to anyone willing to pay and they will gladly sell one cabin to one adult at whatever they determine the supplement needs to be to fill up that room. They are better off with rooms with solo cruisers than empty rooms; are they not? They are a public corporation that must answer to shareholders, which means doing things that increase overall profits.

If RCI did not believe this sort of marketing would improve profits they wouldn't do it; would they? I doubt it.

I don't care how people get points; I want the best value for my money and in some cases that means booking two cabins instead of one. So be it. You seem to be personally offended by this and I can not imagine why. The actual percentage of people who will do this will be miniscule.

Your argument also applies to families of 4 who put the kids in one room and the parents in another. Why shouldn't they be forced to be in one cabin, they all have the same address, thus freeing up the other cabin for MORE revenue generating passengers who will tip the room stewards and waiters as well? By your standards the family of four is cheating the system by reducing the tip pool to the hotel staff, no?

Couples splitting up into separate cabins does not increase profits for Royal. A family of four in one cabin is better for both Royal and the room stewards. However most projections are based on double occupancy so kids in one room and parents in another still better than all 4 each in their own cabin. Ultimately the more bodies on board is better for Royal's bottom line. The promotion is geared towards encouraging those that would not otherwise have booked and to add a benefit to those traveling solo.

We see things differently and you continue to add things to my words that I have not expressed. My reading comprehension is good....it is you that continues to not comprehend what I have actually written.

I will leave you now to your own imagination and let you make up stuff on other peoples post. Good day to you sir!

Edited by Gil T. Azell

Your name is only allowed to be on one reservation so there can be no stacking of points. For example if MR and MRS Smith go on a cruise and book solo cabins because of a great deal then MR Smith has his name one cabin and Mrs Smith will have her name on the other. RCI will NOT let MR Smith put his name on both cabins and stack the points.

What if you have a dual personality and a separate passport for each personality?

Can I just confirm that it is also?:

Categories Below JS = 1 point per night per person triple and quad occupancy.

Categories JS and Higher = 2 points per night per person triple and quad occupancy.

Status matched for spouses and children