Baby Supplies

sunnyjack

There is a store but it only sells the basics, i.e. nappies and a very limited choice of baby food. I wouldn't count on getting anything in particular from there, just play safe and take what you need.

We certainly would not have managed with what was available from the store.

My wife was commenting about this the other day - we're still using the waterproof bag that the diapers came in when went on a cruise with our then 1 year old. She's 4 3/4 now. Best 36 bucks we ever spent for a bag!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

And, you don't want to spend your limited hours in ports trying to find what you need. Traveling with a small child DOES cause a great deal of packing....can't get around it! As far as baby food goes, if your child can do mashed table food, you shouldn't have to bring much....there are PLENTY of mashable, soft foods on the ship!

And, you don't want to spend your limited hours in ports trying to find what you need. Traveling with a small child DOES cause a great deal of packing....can't get around it! As far as baby food goes, if your child can do mashed table food, you shouldn't have to bring much....there are PLENTY of mashable, soft foods on the ship!

Just be very aware of the salt content if you feed your baby / toddler table food.....

Consider packing all of the baby supplies in a cardboard box to board the ship.

You can leave it behind when you debark and don't have to haul and empty suitcase home.

Great idea..unless your flying to your cruise departure dock..then that box would be considered extra baggage ($$'s) and have you seen any cardboard boxes after being handled by the airport/port luggage handlers :eek:...Back from my recent Oasis cruise and DL crushed and ripped my bag but luckily they replaced it at my home airport (LAX) on the spot upon arrival with a new bag...Didn't know they would do that but they did. ;)

The are are plenty of stores / supermarkets around the Port area - if you are staying at a hotel the night prior - you could stock up the night prior. In the vicinity of Embassy Suites/ Holiday Inn Express there is a Kroger, DOllar Store, Ross, etc (large strip mall) across the street

What age is the "baby".

You may not want to change brands of wipes/diapers food etc on a cruise - it can upset an infant,and you do not want a cranky baby.

We found staff great at bringing things to the table my 8mo granddaughter could eat - and we had a baby strainer she could suck on to get the goodness of the food - usually fresh stuff, so we did not have to worry about ingredients.

Lots of mango, watermellon, bananas (took them to our room all the time)

Pre packaged cereal - cherrios for trips etc,, She was still breastfeeding - that helped, but, she would take a bottle of "fresh" milk, and we warmed it in hot water in the room.

We took a back carrier, and a stroller, and wish we did not bother with the stroller - had to put it in the tub at night (not allowed to leave in hall or balcony) no room for it in the room, Kind of awkward around the ship if it was crowded. Would suggest just a umbroller if not too tiny for one.

Lucky for us we are driving to port as we live in Miami. I was just trying to avoid extra packing. We have a 3 year old and a 7 month old that we are traveling with. Baby is not fond of carrier so we will be bringing a small stroller and her baby food. She does eat some table foods so that will help withnot having to bring extra snacks and stuff. Thanks to everyone for your suggestions, getting ready to board tomorrow!

Lucky for us we are driving to port as we live in Miami. I was just trying to avoid extra packing. We have a 3 year old and a 7 month old that we are traveling with. Baby is not fond of carrier so we will be bringing a small stroller and her baby food. She does eat some table foods so that will help withnot having to bring extra snacks and stuff. Thanks to everyone for your suggestions, getting ready to board tomorrow!

If you are driving to the port, I would pack anything and everything that keeps your two kids happy. The store on the ship has very little as far as baby items. Make sure you bring any OTC medicines that you might need for fevers or teething as those won't be available either.

With more families cruising with babies, perhaps cruiselines should stock their stores with a larger supply of baby items-----especially diapers.

Good idea except for one minor concern.....

Just wait until the complaints start rolling in about carrying Luvs instead of Pampers, and "why don't they carry Enfamil formula? They only have Similac!"

We all know it would happen and pax demanding OBC for the "wrong" brand of baby products :D

We could then add "why don't they have my brand of baby products?" To the dress code, smoking, chogging, babies in diapers, rude old people, rude young people, rude and obnoxious kids, people on mobility scooters, elevator rudeness, theater seat saving, MDR vs buffet for breakfast, drink prices , alcohol smuggling, water smuggling, soda smuggling threads......among others :)

Ok so a little tongue in cheek (and no offense intended by any of the threads mentioned, BTW) but those who have been here for years will know what I mean.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Archived