10-17-2013 Weigh-In Thread - All Welcome

Jan_In_Maine

Belle must be having computer problems still ... so I'll start the thread and hopefully she will show up with one of her wonderful poems.

Good luck to all. I am down 0.4# this morning ... so much wanted more than that ... its getting frustrated, but it will be a new week tomorrow ... Jan

Hi all

Congrats to everyone who did well this week. Sounds like it was a good week for most.

I was the same for the third week in a row. Still fine, I guess, considering the distractions, etc. My mom is out of the hospital and continues to recover from pneumonia at home. She lives in town here, so have been spending lots of time with her.

Also, don't know what's with so many ankle problems with everyone! :eek: I've been away from my hard workouts for a little while now with what I think was a mild ankle sprain. I can thank my Golden Retriever. We were over at the next door neighbor's house playing with their dog and in their exuberance of playing together, she completely took out my lower leg. I'm hoping to get back to my stairmaster in another day or two. It's killing me to not get any activity in for days at a time.

Hope everyone has a SAFE week and has success!

Michelle

Hi Everyone,

I'm back from my Europe cruise. Had a great time. I gained 5 lbs. which isn't that bad considering it was 2 weeks.

Italy has such great gelato and salumi. MMM.

Now to get it off. I'm sure I'll have a loss next week.

Good luck to everyone, Diana

Just a quick hello to everybody. Congratulations to those who have lost (no matter how small the amount) or stayed the same. To those who have gained, This is the beginning of a new week. :)

I am down another 2#, this is 36# from my highest weight and 18# lost in the last 8 weeks. I had set a goal for my cruise of 20# and it looks like I am going to hit it.

I went back to Gumdo class this week, the first class since I dislocated my shoulder and broke my arm 8 weeks ago. I am allowed to start strengthening exercises now so hopefully it will be back to normal soon.

Hi all

Congrats to everyone who did well this week. Sounds like it was a good week for most.

I was the same for the third week in a row. Still fine, I guess, considering the distractions, etc. My mom is out of the hospital and continues to recover from pneumonia at home. She lives in town here, so have been spending lots of time with her.

Also, don't know what's with so many ankle problems with everyone! :eek: I've been away from my hard workouts for a little while now with what I think was a mild ankle sprain. I can thank my Golden Retriever. We were over at the next door neighbor's house playing with their dog and in their exuberance of playing together, she completely took out my lower leg. I'm hoping to get back to my stairmaster in another day or two. It's killing me to not get any activity in for days at a time.

Hope everyone has a SAFE week and has success!

Michelle

I had a torn groin muscle, but it didn't stop me from working out. I did a lot of upper body and back strength training, and that six weeks away from cardio with 3-4 strength training workouts a week gave me amazing arms, shoulders, and back! Don't fall into the cardio only rut, you'll end up "skinny fat."

Wow...lots of us with injuries. Back to doctor this week. Removed cast. New x-ray. Said looks ok. New cast. Wear it for 4 weeks. Then hoping for walking boot for 2 weeks. Then should be able to play golf on cruises in December. Praying that all goes as planned and heals. So no weigh in for me. However, I am sure it would not be good. No exercise and not eating "on plan".

Congrats to those that lost a lot and those that lost a little or stayed the same. Hang in there and do the best you can for the next week!

My husband has a pulled hamstring and my groin has a bit of a tug that tells me to rest it, so we went for a five mile walk at a slow 13.5 minute mile pace this morning. I also did some weights and he did some stretching. I burned 600+ calories, so it was a good workout, without any stress. I will be helping a friend behind the bar at her bistro tonight, so that will burn an extra couple hundred calories as well.

Tomorrow I will run five miles and take three hours of yoga classes. Sunday's I usually burn over 1000 calories, and can never eat them all back. :)

My husband has a pulled hamstring and my groin has a bit of a tug that tells me to rest it, so we went for a five mile walk at a slow 13.5 minute mile pace this morning. I also did some weights and he did some stretching. I burned 600+ calories, so it was a good workout, without any stress. I will be helping a friend behind the bar at her bistro tonight, so that will burn an extra couple hundred calories as well.

Tomorrow I will run five miles and take three hours of yoga classes. Sunday's I usually burn over 1000 calories, and can never eat them all back. :)

Wow....I am Impressed and envious! Lol. 14 minute mi,e walk is what I do when i Am in tip top shape.

I see in your signature you are doing Paul G French Polynesia next year! Would love to hear habit it when you return. French Polynesua is on my bucket list. Unfortunately Mr Ski will only do RCI and they only do French P going to/from Australia so Mr Ski won't do it because he doesn't want the long flight to or from Australua. So I will have to experience it vicariously through you! Lol

Wow....I am Impressed and envious! Lol. 14 minute mi,e walk is what I do when i Am in tip top shape.

I see in your signature you are doing Paul G French Polynesia next year! Would love to hear habit it when you return. French Polynesua is on my bucket list. Unfortunately Mr Ski will only do RCI and they only do French P going to/from Australia so Mr Ski won't do it because he doesn't want the long flight to or from Australua. So I will have to experience it vicariously through you! Lol

My regular pace is in the 10:00 to 10:30 and my husbands is 8:00. I run five miles every morning, he runs six. I am working on speed and hope to qualify for about on in two years.

I'm sure I'll write a review when I return, keep an eye in the PG boards. Unfortunate that your husband won't try another line. We loved Windstar last year and are looking forward to the PG next year. We also see Regent in our foreseeable future. :)

Hello all! Happy Monday and a great big CONGRATS to everyone posting a new loss here!

I just realized we have a lose before you cruise forum. Somehow I hadn't made it down this far on that big list of forum sections before.

A little bit about me: So I am a short little ol' fat granny. Mostly I've been ok with that, though I had been trying to exercise more and eat less fats.

Then a friend gave me four gorgeous formal gowns in hopes I could get some use out of them for the cruise. Her husband had a job for years where she had to attend at least 2 formal events per year, and now he's retired. Wonderful, I know, except.....Size 12 Misses and I wear a size 14 Womens.

I couldn't figure out how there was so much difference until a friend pointed out for whatever reason, instead of going 12 misses, 14 women's, ladies sizes go 12 misses, 14 misses, 14 womens in order of size. According to a little google research, that means I need to loose 40 pounds (rule of thumb 20 pounds per size) and I have 376 days to do so.

I've been looking at the various diet strategies and haven't picked one out just yet. My weight today is 200 pounds and 1 ounce fully dressed - no shoes, though - and for now I plan to just cut out all fast food, desserts, and snack on fruits and veggies. I've been reading a bit about the paleo diet, and a girlfriend has suggested I try vegetarian Tuesdays with her. Since I have a good bit of time, I think I will try a month of cutting back + Veggie Tuesday and decide at the end of November.

The best way to drop the weight is the old fashioned way. Cut out junk (including diet sodas, which are evil!), start to exercise (walking an hour a day at a reasonable pace is all you need!) and count your calories.

I'd suggest joining myfitnesspal.com and weighing and measuring your food in order to track your calories.

Wake up, use the toilet, and weigh yourself in your birthday suit to gat an accurate daily measurement.

You don't need fancy diets, you just need to learn portion control and making good food choices, plus exercise.

Hi all!

TravelinGert ~ welcome to the thread!:D You've got an incentive to lose weight now. How short are you please? That's one thing that always bothered me about "The Biggest Loser", they'd say the weight but not the height so I found it hard to relate.

ducklite ~ sounds like very good advice to me except for the daily weigh in. I've heard that daily is too much & doesn't allow for ordinary body fluctuations.

I'm almost at my highest weight ever (including pregnancies!:eek:) & am worried since I'll be cruising for 13 days soon. Over the past 2 years I've lost 26 lbs & put them all back on again!:o I sometimes wish I was an "eat to live person instead of a live to eat one"!

Have a nice day & see you Thursday.

~ Jo ~ :)

Hi all!

TravelinGert ~ welcome to the thread!:D You've got an incentive to lose weight now. How short are you please? That's one thing that always bothered me about "The Biggest Loser", they'd say the weight but not the height so I found it hard to relate.

ducklite ~ sounds like very good advice to me except for the daily weigh in. I've heard that daily is too much & doesn't allow for ordinary body fluctuations.

I'm almost at my highest weight ever (including pregnancies!:eek:) & am worried since I'll be cruising for 13 days soon. Over the past 2 years I've lost 26 lbs & put them all back on again!:o I sometimes wish I was an "eat to live person instead of a live to eat one"!

Have a nice day & see you Thursday.

~ Jo ~ :)

Lol....I too wish I was "eat to live rather than live to eat!".

I agree daily is too often to weigh. I think once a week is ok but I do twice a week. Fridays to know how "good" I was during the week and "Mondays to know how "bad" I was over the weekend. Lol. (not weighing at all right now with broken ankle but can tell I am aiming and a, not happy! But eating is the only "fun" I can have right now. Not looking forard to getting on the scales when the cast comes off!

Lol....I too wish I was "eat to live rather than live to eat!".

I agree daily is too often to weigh. I think once a week is ok but I do twice a week. Fridays to know how "good" I was during the week and "Mondays to know how "bad" I was over the weekend. Lol. (not weighing at all right now with broken ankle but can tell I am aiming and a, not happy! But eating is the only "fun" I can have right now. Not looking forard to getting on the scales when the cast comes off!

I'm right there with both of you about the eating! That's why I've decided the best way to control my weight, especially at almost 50, is to stay active. When I'm at my most active, I definitely feel a difference and I really feel I don't have to watch as much what I eat. I'm slowly getting back to harder workouts after my ankle sprain. Feels good!

Sorry, skiiergirl, with the frustration of the broken ankle. I'd be frustrated, too. Hang in there! Look forward to hopefully meeting you on the AOS in just over a month.

Michelle

I'm right there with both of you about the eating! That's why I've decided the best way to control my weight, especially at almost 50, is to stay active. When I'm at my most active, I definitely feel a difference and I really feel I don't have to watch as much what I eat. I'm slowly getting back to harder workouts after my ankle sprain. Feels good!

Sorry, skiiergirl, with the frustration of the broken ankle. I'd be frustrated, too. Hang in there! Look forward to hopefully meeting you on the AOS in just over a month.

Michelle

Thanks for the encouraging words! Look forward to meeting you! Of course, trip is approaching way too fast so I am praying for this ankle to heal quickly!

Archived