Magic first cruise cancelled

DISNEY FANTASY

Rah Rah GO TEAM TEAM!!! nothing more than a Disney cheerleader! This board is almost as bad as the Carnival board with all their cheerleaders! You say one bad thing about the company and you get blasted for stating your opinion! An opinion is just that an OPINION! All reviews good or bad should always be taken with a grain of salt because everyones taste are different! Although I will say the dust that was on that table in the room was 100% UNACCEPTABLE! If I had been in that room I woul dhave been ticked!You CAN NOT let a customer in a room that loks like that! Did they not have the room stewarts clean the rooms before the first sailing? unacceptable!Now go ahead and flame me becasue I said it was unacceptable! Rah Rah GO TEAM GO!

I just listened to a very popular disney podcast and they gave the transformation raving reviews. Although they are Disney fans, they are not always rah rah and will rip Disney if they feel it is needed. I've heard them do it many times. They did mention that the Captain made announcement stating pardon our pixie dust as we are still working on things. It would appear that Disney knew that this was not a finished product. I do feel for the people that had major issues on the initial sailing and feel that all of their concerns were valid. I do feel that Disney will follow through as they have in the past and release a great finished product. They took on a huge undertaking in a short amount of time. Just give it some time for the dust to settle and for them to work out the kinks.

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

OK..................EVERYONE CHILLOUT!:eek:

Everyone's opinions and views are just that and each deserves respect. There is no need for blast a bad opinion and no need to be snarky and call the good viewers names as *cheerleaders!*, all that does is add flames to the fire. Quite frankly I have found the regulars folks here to usually be pretty fair minded and balanced.

The vessel was just out of the yard and a 2 day to nowhere media and paying guest cruise. I agree that table photo cannot be explained away.

However I am waiting until the first real cruise comes back ..........then we will have a better view of what is going on Good and if bad, then bad!

AKK

Edited by Tonka's Skipper

OK..................EVERYONE CHILLOUT!:eek:

Everyone's opinions and views are just that and each deserves respect. There is no need for blast a bad opinion and no need to be snarky and call the good viewers names as *cheerleaders!*' date=' all that does is add flames to the fire. Quite frankly I have found the regulars folks here to usually be pretty fair minded and balanced.

The vessel was just out of the yard and a 2 day to nowhere media and paying guest cruise. I agree that table photo cannot be explained away.

However I am waiting until the first real cruise comes back ..........then we will have a better view of what is going on Good and if bad, then bad!

AKK[/quote']

^^^ This! Thank you :) Unfortunately I will miss all of the hopefully glowing reviews since I will be boarding as they are disembarking.

I will come back with a review filled with details, photos, and 100% honesty. Am I a DCL cheerleader? I am sure I can be thrown into that camp HOWEVER I have and always will be 100% honest in my reviews. I will try to at least post something before I even fly home - even if it is just little tid bits.

^^^ This! Thank you :) Unfortunately I will miss all of the hopefully glowing reviews since I will be boarding as they are disembarking.

I will come back with a review filled with details, photos, and 100% honesty. Am I a DCL cheerleader? I am sure I can be thrown into that camp HOWEVER I have and always will be 100% honest in my reviews. I will try to at least post something before I even fly home - even if it is just little tid bits.

Looking forward to your report. Have a fabulous time. :)

Have a great cruise!:D

AKK

There is a report out' date=' that the problem with the heads was that someone flushed something, they should not have, during the ocean passage and they have cleared part of it and are working at *fully clearing* the piping effected.

Just a report, no back up yet!;)

AKK[/quote']

That's what hubby heard too. Then he tried to figure out what someone could flush that would do that. I assume most anything aside from paper

So.... Hope I am not speaking out of turn but someone in my fish extender group just had to drop out. Disney apparently bumped all CMs off of my sailing. I wonder if they did so to make sure that the rooms that had issues could be fixed instead of having people in them. For the record my sailing was booked solid....

Edited by Help@

I just listened to a very popular disney podcast and they gave the transformation raving reviews. Although they are Disney fans, they are not always rah rah and will rip Disney if they feel it is needed. I've heard them do it many times. They did mention that the Captain made announcement stating pardon our pixie dust as we are still working on things. It would appear that Disney knew that this was not a finished product. I do feel for the people that had major issues on the initial sailing and feel that all of their concerns were valid. I do feel that Disney will follow through as they have in the past and release a great finished product. They took on a huge undertaking in a short amount of time. Just give it some time for the dust to settle and for them to work out the kinks.

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Well said!

FLushing bad stuff! That's all Disney needed after their launch debaucle...

I think that this refers to something that happened in the drydock. Tile thinset or carpet glue can really mess up the plumbing.

I think that this refers to something that happened in the drydock. Tile thinset or carpet glue can really mess up the plumbing.

Oh wow! If that is what happened I would hope Disney truly severs ties with those contractors!

As the self declared Princess of Tile and Grout, I am familiar with how messy it is. I doubt the thinset would have been flushed, (REALLY bad idea) but what if someone was cleaning their tools, floats, trowls, and washed it down the sink or rinsed buckets down a drain? It is cement basically, right? Think that could be bad... (we always have to clean our tools outside of the place we are working in...would be tough on a ship though!)

As the self declared Princess of Tile and Grout, I am familiar with how messy it is. I doubt the thinset would have been flushed, (REALLY bad idea) but what if someone was cleaning their tools, floats, trowls, and washed it down the sink or rinsed buckets down a drain? It is cement basically, right? Think that could be bad... (we always have to clean our tools outside of the place we are working in...would be tough on a ship though!)

Gee Mermaid, how does one keep her *TAIL* clean when cleaning tools?.....:rolleyes:...jkg

AKK

Edited by Tonka's Skipper

Gee Mermaid' date=' how does one keep her *TAIL* clean when cleaning tools?.....:rolleyes:...jkg

AKK[/quote']

:D

While its true I must don legs when I work on the tile/grout crew (speaking of which, I ordered a new epoxy solid rubber grout float that I will be using Friday! Hope it floats like a dream!) however my hard hat has butteflies and a bejewelled gems tiara glued to the front of it! No joke! Princess of Tile! :D

I wear many tails, er tiaras, er hats...

:D

While its true I must don legs when I work on the tile/grout crew (speaking of which, I ordered a new epoxy solid rubber grout float that I will be using Friday! Hope it floats like a dream!) however my hard hat has butteflies and a bejewelled gems tiara glued to the front of it! No joke! Princess of Tile! :D

I wear many tails, er tiaras, er hats...

Excellent!...........:D

Thanks! I look forward to your honest review. We board Nov. 24th for our first Disney Cruise.

From reports on another board from some that sailed the 10/27 5 night cruise, it's looking like the problems continue, not just staterooms but some of the untouched public areas. :(

Some people are complaining that they see worn carpet or rust in some places. Keep in mind that they don't replace or refinish everything in dry dock. It's a continuous process.