Oceania Club OLife

ORV

On behalf of the Oceania Past Guest Loyalty and Marketing teams, thank you for all of the feedback on OLife. This is the first of many issues to come. Our goal is to capture the O lifestyle and bring it to your homes. Please continue to share your feedback on what you would like to see and we will incorporate it to shape the content for future issues.

Best-

KSK

On behalf of the Oceania Past Guest Loyalty and Marketing teams, thank you for all of the feedback on OLife. This is the first of many issues to come. Our goal is to capture the O lifestyle and bring it to your homes. Please continue to share your feedback on what you would like to see and we will incorporate it to shape the content for future issues.

Best-

KSK

to hear from you! Thank you!!! LuAnn

I totally agree with you and have been most grateful to Frank, Joe, Bob, Kunal and many more wonderful people who contribute to make this cruise line what it is.

I am an almost 5 year Pancreatic cancer survivor and consider Oceania a member of my well being team (along with the doctors, surgery, treatments, and the daily Chemo tablet which I take). Doing well and hopefully will continues to do so as life is just too good not to enjoy with our Oceania family which we have incorporated into our already existing family.

Today I received a private email in which the writer told me that I was being "overly dramatic" in crediting Oceania as being part of my well being team. How could this cruise line be a participant in such an endeavor. Additionally I was encouraged to apologize to my fellow Cruise Critic members for wasting their time with such nonsensical input.

I seldom write any comments in the forums, though I read many. I feel however that I need to explain myself, since this most insensitive person obviously does not understand what it is like to face a health situation as mine.

Cancer is not a light disease and part of the recuperative process is a positive outlook and calm attitude. This is the area where I credit Oceania for being a member of my team.

Over the years many of the relationships which we have developed with Oceania staff (both on the ships and in Miami) have grown into true friendships. There is a manner of being in this company which I have never found on any other and I have circumnavigated the world many times on land and sea.

The joy I get from the day we book a cruise, to embarkation, to the entire experience is overwhelming. This is coupled with many other non Oceania factors including taking a daily Chemotherapy tablet. I must do so and will for what I hope to be a long life as the medication is working and to date there are no new tumors. We are not competing with anyone for the most cruises taken. We simply enjoy being on the ships with Oceania staff members, and many guests we have befriended. Our goal is 100+ cruises only to prove to the Cancer that I will not be beaten.

If I have annoyed anyone with my deep sentiment about this cruise line, then that is your problem. Though it was not my intent, I will not apologize and my opinion will not change. I am sentimental and frankly there is nothing wrong with what I expressed. Perhaps if the person who wrote to me had walked in my shoes, I would not have received the email.

To those who do not share my opinion, then I wish you happy travels with other companies which may better suit you.

To those who share my opinion of Oceania, come along and let's keep playing on the five beautiful ships. If we are ever on the same cruise, please don't hesitate to introduce yourself to me. :)

Today I received a private email in which the writer told me that I was being "overly dramatic" in crediting Oceania as being part of my well being team. How could this cruise line be a participant in such an endeavor. Additionally I was encouraged to apologize to my fellow Cruise Critic members for wasting their time with such nonsensical input.

I seldom write any comments in the forums, though I read many. I feel however that I need to explain myself, since this most insensitive person obviously does not understand what it is like to face a health situation as mine.

Cancer is not a light disease and part of the recuperative process is a positive outlook and calm attitude. This is the area where I credit Oceania for being a member of my team.

Over the years many of the relationships which we have developed with Oceania staff (both on the ships and in Miami) have grown into true friendships. There is a manner of being in this company which I have never found on any other and I have circumnavigated the world many times on land and sea.

The joy I get from the day we book a cruise, to embarkation, to the entire experience is overwhelming. This is coupled with many other non Oceania factors including taking a daily Chemotherapy tablet. I must do so and will for what I hope to be a long life as the medication is working and to date there are no new tumors.

If I have annoyed anyone with my deep sentiment about this cruise line, then that is your problem. Though it was not my intent, I will not apologize and my opinion will not change. I am sentimental and frankly there is nothing wrong with what I expressed. Perhaps if the person who wrote to me had walked in my shoes, I would not have received the email.

To those who do not share my opinion, then I wish you happy travels with other companies which may better suit you.

To those who share my opinion of Oceania, come along and let's keep playing on the five beautiful ships. If we are ever on the same cruise, please don't hesitate to introduce yourself to me. :)

I can't believe anyone would write that to you. I am so sorry!!! and I think it is just so insensitive!! My cruising always contributes to my "well-being" and I certainly have not been in a health condition like yours! Safe and well travels!!! LuAnn

This is just a post of support for KIWP's posts, which are very touching. I imagine with the older crowd Oceania attracts, cancer has affected many of us, if not our families and friends (not that cancer is confined to older people). We're new to Oceania (first cruise coming up soon) and were excited to get Olife. On the top of the back cover, it says: "Life's milestones are best celebrated in nautical miles." I think what KIWP wrote is very appropriate for this thread about Olife, as well as exactly what that quotation is talking about. If surviving cancer is not one of "life's milestones," I don't know what is.

Here's to many more years of celebrations at sea, KIWP!

Mary

:eek:

I would just ignore such people & their opinions

How very rude of them

I would Name & shame them but that would give them more attention than they deserve

Lyn

This is just a post of support for KIWP's posts, which are very touching. I imagine with the older crowd Oceania attracts, cancer has affected many of us, if not our families and friends (not that cancer is confined to older people). We're new to Oceania (first cruise coming up soon) and were excited to get Olife. On the top of the back cover, it says: "Life's milestones are best celebrated in nautical miles." I think what KIWP wrote is very appropriate for this thread about Olife, as well as exactly what that quotation is talking about. If surviving cancer is not one of "life's milestones," I don't know what is.

Mary

thanks for saying it so well!!!! LuAnn

...for your nice comments. I agree they should be ignored, but since this person likes to be negative and pessimistic I felt that I had to say something.

And by the way TexEm I am a most young lady of 59!!!!!! :):p;)

Every day is precious and let's all make it count. Life is too wonderful to waste. Now I've said enough!!

I thought the new Olife publication was terrific. In the future I'd hope to see even more "insider" stories of Oceania crew members and loyal guests, as well as behind-the-scenes peeks at all five ships.

And KIWP, I love you and let's keep sailing on Oceania forever!

-Sukey-

Just a few things that come to mind

feature stories on the crew would be nice

Some we have seen on our cruises over the years

Some have been with O for many years

More behind the scenes features

Recipes

Every day is precious and let's all make it count. Life is too wonderful to waste. Now I've said enough!!

So it is!

Sometimes when people say "It takes all kinds..." we sigh and wonder why it has to.

As you know, KIWP, we were thrilled to see you in the OLife mag, and so happy to get in touch and then learn we're soon by happy happenstance to be sailing with you for the third time!

We love Oceania for many reasons, not least of which are the many fine folks we meet aboard.

Safe travels across the pond and we'll see you soon!

Kathy and Brian

The joy I get from the day we book a cruise, to embarkation, to the entire experience is overwhelming. This is coupled with many other non Oceania factors including taking a daily Chemotherapy tablet. I must do so and will for what I hope to be a long life as the medication is working and to date there are no new tumors. We are not competing with anyone for the most cruises taken. We simply enjoy being on the ships with Oceania staff members, and many guests we have befriended. Our goal is 100+ cruises only to prove to the Cancer that I will not be beaten.

This is beyond comprehension, what a little person that is. Ignore them. Or perhaps they'd like to step up and explain themselves.

Mary

I agree. I have walked in his shoes. I am a seven year survivor of breast cancer. My faith got me through it, but I agree that O cruises are very uplifting! I for one, enjoyed the post and hope to cruise with them someday! :)

Best-

KSK

We live in The Netherlands and are curious to know why we are left out from information/magazines/brochures from Oceania. We are Bronze O members .

If we get any information at all it is mostly 2 months later. Please ensure that also clients in Europe receive the information on time. of course we can look on internet but to receive brochures etc is very important to us too. thank you.

Peter Marx

Amsterdam

The Netherlands.

We live in The Netherlands and are curious to know why we are left out from information/magazines/brochures from Oceania. We are Bronze O members .

If we get any information at all it is mostly 2 months later. Please ensure that also clients in Europe receive the information on time. of course we can look on internet but to receive brochures etc is very important to us too. thank you.

Peter Marx

Amsterdam

The Netherlands.

This request should go directly to OCEANIA..

Peter Marx

Amsterdam

The Netherlands.

It's pretty hit-and-miss on people getting what brochures even in North America: From this thread it seems that some repeat cruisers haven't been receiving it and some who have booked a cruise but haven't actually sailed yet have received it.

Well, I was going to say it was because you lived on the west coast and then I noted that Texas had not received it either. For some odd reason the east coast seems to receive the brochures much sooner than the west coast. After the east coast then central US. I guess we will just have to be patient. When they were mailing our "Our World", we usually were a month later before we received it or else we picked it up aboard ship when we sailed.:eek:

We received ours yesterday here in Florida and, although it's from Oceania, there's a stamp advising us to contact our travel agent and includes their name. Perhaps some come via your TA? I agree............ it's great and has me ready to make decision on the next cruise we've been pondering!

Archived