Any recent Voyager report?

Mr Retired

WOW - I'm almost speechless! Horizons lounge looks gorgeous as is the atrium area. What a beautiful area for Park West -- too bad such a lovey space is being used by such unsavory people.

I too could have done with out the Park West pictures :(

Sorry, I don't get the comment on Park West...is that an inside joke?

Overall, the pictures looks great. Horizon Lounge looks very classy (minus the fake stone behind the bar...a design trend waaay overdone IMO). Aft deck also looks great. Honestly though, I'm not fond of the Observation Lounge from the carpet to the white themed decor mixed with red walls, and not to mention the 1980's ballon curtains on the front window. It does not seem cohesively designed to me...but I'm sure others will love it!

For those travelling on Voyager...enjoy the refurb!

I hope the carpet scrutinizers will be HAPPY at last!

While not a carpet scrutinizer, it looks great. When I pass Park West I'll be sure to look down at the carpeting rather than the "art" they have on their walls. (Note: Park West's "auction art" is not to be confused with the art on the rest of the Regent ships).

Sorry, I don't get the comment on Park West...is that an inside joke?

It's the photo with all the paintings, with one on an easel. Park West is the company who sells art on shipboard. They have been accused of various shady business practices in the past, and a lot of pax don't like that they are still onboard.

It's the photo with all the paintings, with one on an easel. Park West is the company who sells art on shipboard. They have been accused of various shady business practices in the past, and a lot of pax don't like that they are still onboard.

Got it! Thanks for clarifying Wendy.

Personally I don't understand buying art on a ship but I guess if you have a captive market for a few weeks then there are apt to be some takers. I prefer to purchase my art as investment pieces from highly reputable local galleries who bring in fantastic Canadian artists as well as pieces from wonderful artists across a broad spectrum. I would guess the price/quality is better than the park west :)

I just got a photo of the new "BLUE RACING STRIP." It goes down the side, curve up the back and continues on top. You will not mistake the ship for any ship other now.

I see I it is ok for me to post the photos here.

j

31/422

So did only the penthouse rooms get new carpet or did the other rooms? I am going on the next cruise from Venice. Never been on Regents before. Looks nice. A little viva las vegas but still nice. Most companies are not investing in their product. Regent is. Very respectful!

Also, have to say something about the many forums on prices going up and less benefits for the cost. Also, different benefits for different levels of rooms. Welcome to the rest of the world. Not saying it is right but is what it is! I travel for work often. Delta Diamond and more. My flights have gone up double what they were 2 years ago for business. Regent is in business to make money. We vote with our dollar. Hope that makes sense.

Good job Regent on investing in your product!

Hmm...I think I preferred the simple plain white ship and think the blue stripe detracts from the elegance of Voyager.

Thanks for sharing, JMariner.

Edited by Gilly
to add my thanks

Hello All,

I cut and pasted this information from Cruise Industry News

http://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/10115-seven-seas-voyager-completes-drydock.html

Seven Seas Voyager Completes Drydock

ON 24 OCTOBER 2013.

Regent Seven Seas Cruises has announced that the Seven Seas Voyager has completed her drydock with new interior decor and refreshed exterior decks. The all-balcony, all-suite 700-guest capacity vessel unveiled her new look on Oct. 23 when she set sail on a 10-night cruise from Rome to Venice.

Public spaces are described as “resplendent with elegant new furnishings, rich upholstery, custom-milled carpeting and hand-selected accents.”

“Regent Seven Seas Cruises has always set the benchmark for luxury cruises and the Seven Seas Voyager just raised the bar considerably,” commented Kunal S. Kamlani, president, in a prepared statement.

As part of the ship’s refurbishment all Penthouse suites received new décor with custom-crafted furnishings, carpeting, curtains, wall coverings, furniture, lighting, original artwork and outdoor furniture.

Horizons, the ship’s nightclub and bar, and the Observation Lounge each underwent a complete transformation. The venues now sport distinctive new bars, new furnishings, carpeting, wall coverings, and new lighting throughout.

The Constellation Theater, the ship’s two-deck high, state-of-the-art show theatre was rejuvenated with new carpeting, all new upholstery, wall coverings, cocktail tables, wall sconces, banquettes and chairs.

According to Regent, the ship’s exterior decks received just as much as attention as the interiors. New teak was installed on the balconies of all 350 suites and teak decks in common areas were re-surfaced and re-finished to brand-new condition. The Pool Deck, as well as the ship’s outdoor relaxation areas on Decks 5, 11 and 12, now feature new resort furniture and accents. The Pool Grill and La Veranda also received upgrades with new mosaic tiling, new wall coverings and awnings.

Additionally, Regent Seven Seas Cruises recently announced an expansion to its all-inclusive product by offering free Wi-Fi fleet-wide including Seven Seas Voyager as part of a multi-million dollar Internet investment upgrade. Beginning with Winter 2014-2015 sailings, concierge-level and higher guests will receive up to 500 minutes of free Wi-Fi.

Guests can choose from up to four, open-seating restaurants, including Compass Rose, serving a variety of European-inspired Continental cuisine; Prime 7, a contemporary American steakhouse; Signatures, a classic French dining experience; and Sette Mari at La Veranda, which offers an extensive menu of authentic Italian specialties.

Claiming some of the highest space-per-guest ratios in the cruise industry, accommodations include such amenities as down comforters, Egyptian cotton linens, flat-screen television, DVD players and Wi-Fi access. Penthouse and higher-category suites aboard all three ships are equipped with iPads.