My sailaway swan song-Eurodam and Nieuw Amsterdam

rafinmd

I am sorry to have missed the Nieuw Amsterdam but unfortunately the puppy called - and one listens when he as needs;) Mr. Marley is getting better but when he has to go - he has to go.

The rest was fabulous though and I thank Roy for doing a great job of hosting and everyone for making it fun. Thanks Lou and Dave for the great webcam.

Roy - I think you had a fantastic swan song:D

Well, NA beat the Eurodam in quality, if not yet in quantity. Sheila, your ship is doing great.

Roy

Missed it, of course, because we were probably boarding Jet Blue at that time in FLL. Glad she did great...she's a great ship. Get's very, very high marks from us for sure.

I was invited to another of Hotel Director Marco Bellegham's Q & A's yesterday at 5, and not wanting to belabor the wine issue again...I just mentioned that those folks on Cruise Critic who watch the sailaway's would surely appreciate some good tooting this season! ;)

After an uneventful flight, we landed at 8:17 PM and were home about 9:30....DH's suitcase was the LAST ONE to arrive in the baggage area!

No, it's right across the street from the Hyatt on the other side of the channel. It was pretty much that way when I sailed my Solstice TA 18 months ago. The power plant was to the other side of the ships.

Roy

We stayed at the Best Western on that "lot of land" prior to our very first cruise - 'twas the Caribbean Princess. It was razed shortly thereafter and a new hotel was to be built...then the economy tanked...so it's still a vacant lot. Went by today on the Carrie B (HAL shore excursion) and happened to take a photo. The huge yacht, Cakewalk, is docked right in front of it now.

NY Harbor web cam looks foggy again and it's beautiful here in Jersey so I think it's Lou's lens that needs some cleaning.

SO, I'm here and watching. We switch times next week and I HATE it. The days get shorter and colder. Can't wait till my cruise.

LOL...for the past 25 days, we've been adjusting to time changes...first, losing 6 hours crossing the pond on 10/1 to board the NA in Barcelona...took us both a day and a half to 2 days to feel "normal"...and the last 12 days, we've set the clocks back an hour every other day...so had six 25 hour days! That was wonderful.

I will certainly write a review...it was an amazing cruise. I booked it...thinking it could be crossed off my "bucket list". It's NOT being crossed off for sure!

Archived