My sailaway swan song-Eurodam and Nieuw Amsterdam

rafinmd

I heard those three toots, and it says sound is on, but I don't hear a think now.

NO sound now - but it says sound is on. I did hear all those toots. These speakers are strong on my new laptop - I have them at 1/2 power

can't even begin thinking about getting on this on - sorry

Deb's uncle and aunt were just on her. They said it was something everyone should do at least once. They generally go for the smaller ships but were impressed with Allure.

I actually considered the Oasis/Allure for the middle cruise of my upcoming trip. The first Symphony voyage and the Prinsendam were both musts, but I wanted to try something I wouldn't usually do in between. I eventually decided I could do Oasis/Allure anytime, since they do the same boring trips 52 weeks a year, and the Symphony for a 7-day Caribbean cruise felt a bit like buying a Ferrari to go 2 blocks to the drug store. I decided that was the thing I would least likely do otherwise and forgot about the Allure.

Roy

With so many people viewing/listening, we may be stressing the server quite a bit and causing intermittent issues with the audio/video. I've noticed the video seems to freeze from time to time also.

Mine froze a couple of times as she was sailing past the webcam.

Georgina really liked Iceland Air - they seem to go to a lot of European cities. By chance do they service your area? If they do, they are worth checking out, apparently the premium economy is really decent. I've heard that from others as well.

Another vote for Icelandair. Economy Plus puts you in either business class type seats or three abreast regular where the middle seat is left unsold, depending on the type of equipment used. We have had both. There is also good legroom and lounge access. AND believe it or not, no luggage fees. All this for less than Air Canada's regular Economy.

If we ever go back to Europe it will be our first choice of airline. Another plus is that you get to connect in Reyjavik instead of one of those monster European airports.

I just thought the locking up was my computer Rich

Anything's possible, but unless both video and audio freeze at the same time, it is more likely the incoming stream than your computer.

Woof... how awful is that horn???? Yikes! :eek:

Another vote for Icelandair. Economy Plus puts you in either business class type seats or three abreast regular where the middle seat is left unsold, depending on the type of equipment used. We have had both. There is also good legroom and lounge access. AND believe it or not, no luggage fees. All this for less than Air Canada's regular Economy.

If we ever go back to Europe it will be our first choice of airline. Another plus is that you get to connect in Reyjavik instead of one of those monster European airports.

Saga class (their business class) is not that bad a price either. Very very nice. And the Saga lounge in Reykjavik is very nice as well. Totally worth it.

Archived