My sailaway swan song-Eurodam and Nieuw Amsterdam

rafinmd

Wow! :D That's quite some tooting. I don't remember anything like that when we were on the Eurodam in the spring. Maybe all the captains are learning how to play the tooting game!

I know one of the Captains from the Westerdam was moving over to the Eurodam, can't remember which one. Kind of surprised, Aliaschief said the Captain didn't toot much on his cruise. I wonder if they just had a handover.

Roy

When I was aboard the Eurodam this Summer, I found it "interesting" that even on Deck 5's open deck, when the whistle was used, those of us on the ship did not hear it that well. That was true on our Deck 5 forward veranda and in the Crow's Nest as well.

I suppose if one was in the Silk Den, one might have heard it better. One day when the fog horn was being used and I was in the Dilk Den, the whistle was heard clearly.

I know one of the Captains from the Westerdam was moving over to the Eurodam, can't remember which one. Kind of surprised, Aliaschief said the Captain didn't toot much on his cruise. I wonder if they just had a handover.

Roy

I think a Captain Keijer is in command. Emil DeVries was the ship's Master when I was aboard this Summer, but I am pretty sure there was a change of command sometime after the Canada/New England season began.

Archived