Pillow Chocolates & Towel Animals

bitsey66

This post is just for fun, comment if you wish.

I understand there are no towel animals on Princess cruises? :(! On my first cruise I EXPECTED and impatiently anticipated towel animals. Lucky for me, I was on a cruise line that makes them. However, I was ticked when they removed them the next day:mad:. From day 3 on, we stashed all the rest of them in our closet behind the clothes until the last morning and took a group picture :o

I'm not upset about no towel animals this time because we get chocolates and what woman doesn't love chocolate??!! :p

Happy cruising everyone! We sail in 16 days!!!

This post is just for fun, comment if you wish.

I understand there are no towel animals on Princess cruises? :(! On my first cruise I EXPECTED and impatiently anticipated towel animals. Lucky for me, I was on a cruise line that makes them. However, I was ticked when they removed them the next day:mad:. From day 3 on, we stashed all the rest of them in our closet behind the clothes until the last morning and took a group picture :o

I'm not upset about no towel animals this time because we get chocolates and what woman doesn't love chocolate??!! :p

Happy cruising everyone! We sail in 16 days!!!

Yes, chocolates each night. The room steward will make you a towel animal if you request it, and you can display it all cruise. Room stewards have about 18/20 cabins each day to service twice each day, thus very little time for them to make up a towel animal in each cabin.

Although it is not Princess policy to make towel annimals our last cabin steward delighted in doing so. He was also a first rate magician and had me baffled on many occasions.

We also had a cabin steward who loved to make us the towel animals. Pehaps because we had brought a picture of our 2 pugs and hung it in the room. He thought we missed our pets, (which we did) and made us temporary ones!

This is too funny!! Just cruised Princess for the first time this month. About the third night my DH said, I thought we would have towel animals by now.....???? I just laughed, I never missed them! If I had the grandkids with us, I would request them. Our kids loved them when they would cruise with us....and I saved all those good chocolates and gave them to the grandkids!!

I wonder if they re-cycle the chocolates if you don't eat them.

On our last cruise the wrapping looked as if the chocolate had melted a bit.

Then when we opened it, the chocolate had a lot of white colors in them.:eek:

We did not eat them.

Personally I've always thought the towel animals stupid and a total waste of time. Yes, I am a grumpy old curmudgeon. However my grumpiness does NOT extend to chocolates on my pillow!

Edited by Treven

On HAL in May 2013 we laughed every night because we would get a towel animal and they were no recognizable animal. The Room Steward was very good and was trying very hard but it became a running joke among the three of us about the animals. Never said a word to the Room Steward.

I absolutely loved the towel animals (far more than the chocolates) and looked forward to see what amazing creature they would come up with next. :cool:

But I also understand that they really are kind of silly and shouldn't take up valuable time from overworked stewards. So I'll do without them, but they will be missed! :o

I wonder if they re-cycle the chocolates if you don't eat them.

On our last cruise the wrapping looked as if the chocolate had melted a bit.

Then when we opened it, the chocolate had a lot of white colors in them.:eek:

We did not eat them.

That is a natural process. The white bits are just the cocoa butter separating from the cocoa solids due to the chocolate being allowed to get too warm. There is no problem eating chocolate that has 'white bits' - it tastes exactly the same and has not 'gone off'.

I always bring a small fleece throw blanket with me in case I want to throw it over my legs or shoulders when I'm on the balcony. On one of my recent cruises I had one with dogs on it. My cabin steward made me a dog towel animal which was as cute at can me and I kept him for the entire cruise. I never eat the chocolate, but I do bring them home and give them away. Here's a picture of my towel animal!

DSCN0094.jpg.eb400b0a527490a78f0607b581a897b6.jpg

We went on NCL last year with our then 1 and 6 year olds. We had a new towel animal every day on our 7 day cruise. The kids loved them and I have to admit, this 45 year old guy did too. :D I was looking forward to that on this cruise. Bummed out when I read this thread and found out they don't do them on Princess. And btw, don't love them enough to request the steward to do them with not having my kids on this cruise. ;-)

Edited by vent1020

Personally I've always thought the towel animals stupid and a total waste of time. Yes, I am a grumpy old curmudgeon. However my grumpiness does NOT extend to chocolates on my pillow!
I'm with you. :( Ever since I was on an RCL cruise years ago and the steward went into the drawers and took personal items to use on the towel animal, I've hated them.

We also had a cabin steward who loved to make us the towel animals. Pehaps because we had brought a picture of our 2 pugs and hung it in the room. He thought we missed our pets, (which we did) and made us temporary ones!

That's the greatest story! I am going to miss our pets horribly, I always do! 2 kitties and a big sissy Rottweiler! We have a friend house sitting so at least they won't be alone except while he's at work!

LMAO @ curmudgeon! Haven't heard that in a long time!

When I took the grandboys on a carnival cruise the steward made different scenes each day with the towel animal interacting with the boys stuffed animals. Tug of war with puppy, stringing garlands of TP with a monkey, etc. Boys loved it. When its just my hubby and I on Princess, I am just happy to see the bed turned down.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app