On the Golden now...

Sandy R

We boarded on MOnday and have been pampered and treated royally. We're Elites and we booked a Penthouse Suite for this cruise. We received 2 liquor set ups... more than we could use! We received the free first night dinner because we're in a suite... chose the Crown Grill. We also received a card that said we were in the top most traveled, so we received another free dinner at a specialty restraurant... chose the Crown Grill again, for tonight, last night aboard. We also received 2 free drinks chits. The anytime dining room always seemed to have a line... but all we had to do was call dining reservations and let them know when we wanted to have dinner. It was nice not to have to wait in line or get a pager. All in all, this mini-cruise was a wonderful short get-away. And, the weather cooperated nicely, no rain, sunny and crisp at times but otherwise fairly warm. Today, our sea day is beautiful. And, the seas have been calm, very little ship movement. We'll be home tomorrow so if there are any questions, I'll answer what I can.

We board tomorrow so I'm thrilled you found the ship so wonderful.

I do have a question about the FCCs we're all getting for these cruises.

By any chance did you have another cruise currently booked?

I'm trying to make sure the credit doesn't automatically go towards any booked cruise.

Any hints for those of us boarding?

We are doing the same trip on the 21st. We are also in a suite. I was wondering about the free speciality dinner the first night as the web site says it was only on cruises of longer than 6 days. Did you just call the dine line and ask or was there some kind of card or other notification about this in the room when you boarded?

Thanks in advance

We were on the cruise before this one, and we would do it again in a heartbeat.

My--not DH's--complaint was about the awful scrambled eggs in the Horizon Court/Lido. DH thought they were fine. To be fair, I have never liked the buffet scrambled eggs on any cruise line. :D :D (Just thought I would try again.)

The cruise, crew, weather, were great. Santa Barbara is beautiful.

We got a huge FCC for booking that cruise, which we applied to a new booking on the Crown in 2014.

Pat

I'm trying to make sure the credit doesn't automatically go towards any booked cruise.

My--not DH's--complaint was about the awful scrambled eggs in the Horizon Court/Lido. DH thought they were fine. To be fair, I have never liked the buffet scrambled eggs on any cruise line. :D :D (Just thought I would try again.)

We got a huge FCC for booking that cruise, which we applied to a new booking on the Crown in 2014.

Pat

Pat

I apologize for asking again but did they automatically apply the FCC to the new booking or did they put it in your "account" and then let you apply it if you wanted?

(I keep asking this because we currently have a booking but don't want it applied to that booking just yet.)

I asked my TA about this one. I wanted to do just the opposite and have it applied to the cruise we have booked for Apr 14 as it is an expensive one. She told me the choice was mine and verified with Princess on her cell phone while we were talking on the office land line (she is in a different town than me).

I asked my TA about this one. I wanted to do just the opposite and have it applied to the cruise we have booked for Apr 14 as it is an expensive one. She told me the choice was mine and verified with Princess on her cell phone while we were talking on the office land line (she is in a different town than me).

Thank you -just what I wanted to know. :D

Have a great trip. Our son is on that cruise with you-he's the one grinning from ear to ear since the Red Sox won the World Series and proudly wearing his "Boston Strong" shirt..:) Actually, he's probably not the only one celebrating the Red Sox. Do they have anything special planned for the passengers to celebrate Halloween?

We are doing the same trip on the 21st. We are also in a suite. I was wondering about the free speciality dinner the first night as the web site says it was only on cruises of longer than 6 days. Did you just call the dine line and ask or was there some kind of card or other notification about this in the room when you boarded?

Thanks in advance

You will have a letter in your suite. It was there waiting when we first got to our room.

Newly purchased FCCs go into your "bank" and you ask to have them applied once you make a new booking. The OBC from an FCC only goes on the cruise that you used the FCC on. OH! I just realized you're talking about the FCCs for the "free cruise" deal. I don't think they'll apply them to a cruise that is already booked, but it's worth a try if that's what you want.

Pat

If you want bad eggs, you've got to try Celebrity's buffet scrambled eggs. Seriously, they are the WORST thing I have ever had. They're a congealed mess with runny stuff all over the outside - totally disgusting. :eek: I thought Princess' buffet scrambled eggs weren't that great. Boy, was I wishing I had them on my Celebrity cruise!

Pat

I apologize for asking again but did they automatically apply the FCC to the new booking or did they put it in your "account" and then let you apply it if you wanted?

(I keep asking this because we currently have a booking but don't want it applied to that booking just yet.)

Yes, it is just held in our account until you tell them how you want to use it. I started to say Tell them where to put it, but thought NAH. :D

My friends are sailing Celebrity next week. I'll stay with PCL.

Pat

Just arrived home. Wonderful cruise, wonderful weather, smooth seas. The Golden looks great. Only time we knew it was a full ship was at the evening shows in the Princess Theater. Don't recall a letter in the cabin... I called Dining Services on the phone the minute we got to the cabin and said the time we wanted to go to the Crown Grill. Dining Services told me dinner at the Crown Grill first night was free for suites. (We would have paid, we love the Crown Grill). And, because we were in the "most traveled" passengers group, we received another free dinner at a specialty restaurant + a free drink for each of us. The other 2 nights I called Dining Services and said when we wanted to eat at the Anytime Dining Restaurant. We were able to bypass the long line of people waiting to eat and were seated immediately. Have to say, we could easily get used to this free stuff and all the perks that went with it. Several passengers we talked to, also took advantage of the Princess offer... many also booked suites. Some were doing B to B's for the full 7 days. Didn't think of it but had we, we probably would have done that. When we arrived home this morning, I immediately looked on "My Princess" and there were the FCC's. I called our TA and she said to apply the FCC's, she has to call Princess to apply them. We've already booked Hawaii for April, so the FCC's will pay down that cruise.

Just arrived home. Wonderful cruise, wonderful weather, smooth seas. The Golden looks great. Only time we knew it was a full ship was at the evening shows in the Princess Theater. Don't recall a letter in the cabin... I called Dining Services on the phone the minute we got to the cabin and said the time we wanted to go to the Crown Grill. Dining Services told me dinner at the Crown Grill first night was free for suites. (We would have paid, we love the Crown Grill). And, because we were in the "most traveled" passengers group, we received another free dinner at a specialty restaurant + a free drink for each of us. The other 2 nights I called Dining Services and said when we wanted to eat at the Anytime Dining Restaurant. We were able to bypass the long line of people waiting to eat and were seated immediately. Have to say, we could easily get used to this free stuff and all the perks that went with it. Several passengers we talked to, also took advantage of the Princess offer... many also booked suites. Some were doing B to B's for the full 7 days. Didn't think of it but had we, we probably would have done that. When we arrived home this morning, I immediately looked on "My Princess" and there were the FCC's. I called our TA and she said to apply the FCC's, she has to call Princess to apply them. We've already booked Hawaii for April, so the FCC's will pay down that cruise.

How were you able to call the Dine line and arrange for a specific dining time thereby avoiding the waiting lines? Is this something new as I wasn't aware of this policy.

Thanks

Bob

How were you able to call the Dine line and arrange for a specific dining time thereby avoiding the waiting lines? Is this something new as I wasn't aware of this policy.

Thanks

Bob

We were on the Golden last weekend (Oct. 24-28) and we called the Dine Line every morning and made a reservation. The Dine Line opens at 8:00 AM so the sooner you call the better. Of course this probably doesn't work on the first night of the cruise. We were in an inside cabin so it's available to everyone. :D

I've had experience with the dining line (when not in a suite) and have been told we can book the earliest dining time or anytime after 8pm. We like to eat at 6 or 6:30pm... never had dining line give me reservations for that time. Never called at 8am, so maybe that's the secret. I'll try it on our Dec. 15th, Mexican Riviera cruise.

Can you share how many days you (most traveled)to get the additional night for Crown Grill dinner. We are Elite and in Suite and only got the first night (went to Sabatinis).We are close to 300 days with Princess.

On Caribe deck there seemed to be very little Elites. Mostly blue (first timers).

Hi Sue... we've taken 42 Princess cruises. We're almost 700 days. The

Oct. 28th cruise was only 3rd or 4th time we've made it into the top 3! Usually the first "most sailed" passenger has a 1000 days. That said, we're almost always invited to the "most traveled" lunch.

We have 381 days and got the free specialty restaurant on the Oct. 24-28 cruise. I meant to stop at the Captain's Circle Desk and ask what rank we were but never had time. You really never know how you'll rank. We were #3 on a Tahiti cruise with 349 days and then went on a 7 day California Coastal and didn't make the top 40. Go figure. :rolleyes:

Can you share how many days you (most traveled)to get the additional night for Crown Grill dinner. We are Elite and in Suite and only got the first night (went to Sabatinis).We are close to 300 days with Princess.

On Caribe deck there seemed to be very little Elites. Mostly blue (first timers).

Sue

On the Nov.1- 4th cruise I stopped by the Captain's Circle Hostess and the cutoff to be one of the 40 most traveled and get the comped extra dinner was 400 days.

(BTW -She said if we had stayed on board for this next cruise it was much lower.)

Archived