Another free upgrade to balcony promotion coming?

Daghis

It looks like Royal Caribbean may be ramping up to do another free upgrade from oceanview to balcony. I've been receiving price change alerts for my upcoming cruises and the prices for oceanview cabins for all three have been raised so that they're now around the same price as balcony cabins. This is the same thing that they did the last time they had one of these promotions.

In my opinion, it's not much of a deal if you're paying the same price for the balcony anyway, and it's disingenuous of Royal Caribbean to raise the prices of the oceanview cabins and then offer a "free" upgrade.

Yep... the promotion starts tomorrow:

• Applicable Products: Bahamas, Bermuda, Caribbean, and Europe
  • Applicable Ships: Below
  • Booking Window: November 8 - 29, 2013
  • Sailing Window: March 1 - October 31, 2014
  • Offer:
    • Free Upgrade - from an Ocean view to Balcony for Adventure, Allure, Brilliance, Explorer, Freedom, Independence, Jewel, Liberty, Navigator, Oasis, and Serenade
    • Free Upgrade - from an Interior to Ocean view for Enchantment, Grandeur, Legend, Majesty, Splendour, and Vision
    • Book ChoiceAir on a 7-night or longer European sailing during this promotion (and ask for option code SNT1 at time of booking) and receive $1,000 off your stateroom/vacation (can't say air) - Balconies and Suites only (same as last promotion, they have until December 15 to book their air)

[*]

Terms & Conditions:

†ROYAL CARIBBEAN INTERNATIONAL® RESERVES THE RIGHT TO IMPOSE A FUEL SUPPLEMENT OF UP TO $10 PER GUEST PER DAY ON ALL GUESTS IF THE PRICE OF WEST TEXAS INTERMEDIATE FUEL EXCEEDS $65.00 PER BARREL.

*Free upgrade refers to booking a balcony stateroom for an ocean view stateroom fare on Adventure, Allure, Brilliance, Explorer, Freedom, Independence, Jewel, Liberty, Navigator, Oasis, and Serenade; and booking an ocean view stateroom for an interior stateroom fare on Enchantment, Grandeur, Legend, Majesty, Splendour, and Vision. Prices are per person, cruise only, based on double occupancy, and in US dollars. Government taxes and fees are additional. Free Upgrade Offer applies to new, individual bookings (not eligible for groups) of Bahamas, Bermuda, Caribbean, and European cruises departing between Mar. 1 - Oct. 31, 2014. Offer valid Nov 8 - 29, 2013.

ChoiceAir $1,000 Cruise Savings promotion applies to 7-night and longer European cruises, departing between Mar. 1- Oct 31, 2014, balcony and higher staterooms, and is limited to one per stateroom. To redeem, guest must book air travel through ChoiceAir by Dec. 15, 2013 and provide option code SNT1. Cruise booking must be made between Nov. 8-29, 2013. After ChoiceAir air travel is booked, Royal Caribbean will apply savings to the cruise fare if the cruise fare has not yet been paid in full or will issue a credit to the guest’s method of payment if the cruise fare has been paid in full. Credit not redeemable for cash and is non-transferable. Cancellation of ChoiceAir will result in removal of offer. For ChoiceAir program details, visit choiceair.com.

Prices and Offer are subject to availability, subject to change, and may be withdrawn at any time without notice. Offer is available to residents of North, Central, and South America. Refer to RoyalCaribbean.com for complete terms and conditions. Royal Caribbean reserves the right to correct any errors, inaccuracies or omissions and to change or update fares, fees and surcharges at any time without prior notice. ©2013 Royal Caribbean International. Ships registered in the Bahamas.

My husband and I are currently booked for an inside cabin on Liberty sailing 2/6/14. After reading this post I went the the RCI site and found that the price for our cabin has gone down $50 each. Since I am a 'new cruiser' I am not sure if I am eligible for this lower price or how to go about getting it.

I booked the cruise while on the ship in October, however my TA got credit for the new one. I just sent my TA an email to let him know. Can I do something or must I go through him?

Thanks so much for your help!

My husband and I are currently booked for an inside cabin on Liberty sailing 2/6/14. After reading this post I went the the RCI site and found that the price for our cabin has gone down $50 each. Since I am a 'new cruiser' I am not sure if I am eligible for this lower price or how to go about getting it.

I booked the cruise while on the ship in October, however my TA got credit for the new one. I just sent my TA an email to let him know. Can I do something or must I go through him?

Thanks so much for your help!

This offer is for new bookings only. Your current booking disqualifies you.

I guess it is a good thing I didn't pay it off today like I had planned! Hopefully the price will stay where it is for more than a minute.

I thought we got a good price before...:D

Thank you for your help!

Remember...it's the date final payment is due ...not the date you opt to make final payment ;)