Do you print and take the whole travel insurance policy with you when you cruise?

kms8066

No need. Your RCI insurance is identified by your reservation number. I called and asked just last month. I actually have a hard copy of the policy as I had the insurance company mail me a copy a couple of years ago. So, just keep a note of your reservation number, which is also on your set sail pass and can most likely be accessed by Guest Services as well.

Our insurance is not through Royal Caribbean, but rather Allianz, whom the travel agent recommended. Does this make a difference in what I should have with me when we travel? Only the first couple pages, or the whole thing? Thanks for info! (Leaving in less than a week!)

I just print out the page that has our basic info on it. The 800# is on there so if you have a claim, you need to call them and they will look up the policy anyway and let you know how to proceed. One insurance that we had signed up for several cruises ago actually had a card that you could print out and carry. I wish they all would do that, made it so easy to have on hand and I put one on each suitcase in case it got lost.

Make sure you take the contact numbers of where to call if you need to make a claim or use their services. You don't need the whole policy, but if you feel like you'd like to have it- you can download it onto your device (phone or iPad) and you'll have it without all the paper work! I use File Browser, but f it's just a page or two (doubtful if its insurance !) you can just take a couple of pictures of it with your device.

Edited by Familygoboston

As long as you have your Policy # and the Insurance 800 number with you, you should be OK. I personally download the Policy and save it from Computer to my SmartPhone and from Computer to my Tablet, just in case there's some coverage question/issue in event I have to contact the insurance. ken

As an alternative to saving it on a cell phone or tablet, you can send the policy to a web email site (Yahoo, Gmail etc.) and you can access it from anywhere you have an internet connection.

That's what I do. I also have confirmation numbers, etc saved in files on my GMail account. I do carry a folder with hard copies of first pages of the above, but all of my information is also saved online. Paper can get lost. I can access my GMail anywhere in the world from my device or anywhere I can have access to a computer.

Along with the policy number and contact numbers, I also recommend bringing the summary page of your coverage - otherwise, you are dependent on the representative on the phone to give you the correct information as to what you are entitled and how they will help you, and we know that doesn't always happen.

I also bring hard copies of all my important stuff like that, even though I have them stored on my phone as well. I don't want to be dependent on the phone working - or being in my possession - when I need the info. It is all summarized on one sheet of paper, so takes up no room.

I print the whole thing out. But I double side it when I print it. I put it in the travel folder with everything else. I figure if I am stuck at a hospital or an airport, I will have something else to read. :D:):D

Edited by Coralc

Not sure what the purpose or need would be. We have been treated on a ship twice and both times had to pay onboard, then submit to our primary insurance when home, then submit to travel insurance if not already reimbursed. My primary has covered both incidents entirely. I guess if you do not have a primary or on social security you would go right to the travel insurance.

Not sure what the purpose or need would be. We have been treated on a ship twice and both times had to pay onboard, then submit to our primary insurance when home, then submit to travel insurance if not already reimbursed. My primary has covered both incidents entirely. I guess if you do not have a primary or on social security you would go right to the travel insurance.

While this is true for services received on the ship, what happens if you need to be taken off the ship for services, whether it was at the next port or via helicopter. They won't demand payment up front, they could either bill you or bill the insurance (provided you are covered). I could see a need to have access to a copy of the entire policy at that point.

I always save a copy on my iPad, iPhone and laptop. I do have a cruise folder with the basic information for the insurance. Coverage, policy numbers, and contact information for the company. You will want to make sure you have their international number. Many 800 numbers won't work outside of the US.