Thinking f the crew's families-Typhoon

Purvis1231

We are thinking of and praying for all of the crew and families that have been endangered by Typhoon Haiyan. We met so many great crew members from the Philippines on the ships who were working to support their families. I know this difficult time to be away from home. God bless you. Edited by Purvis1231
typo

[quote name='Purvis1231']We are thinking of and praying for all of the crew and families that have been endangered by Typhoon Haiyan. We met so many great crew members from the Philippines on the ships who were working to support their families. I know this difficult time to be away from home. God bless you.[/QUOTE]

Echoing your words. Our hearts and prayers go out to all of those away from their families.

[quote name='SeaBands']so that they can help their family. I hope others will as well.[/quote]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3]Good idea...thanks for pointing that out. We most often tip the Indonesian room stewards and Indonesian dining stewards...not often the Filipinos except for, perhaps, the wine steward. I think all they get is the pool from the service charge and the 15% bar tips.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3] [/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='innlady1'][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3]Good idea...thanks for pointing that out. We most often tip the Indonesian room stewards and Indonesian dining stewards...not often the Filipinos except for, perhaps, the wine steward. I think all they get is the pool from the service charge and the 15% bar tips.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[/quote]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=royalblue]Not that much, Sheila. The lounge stewards don't participate in the pool funded by the Hotel Service charge. They draw from the 15% service charge on bar drinks, and whatever else passengers give them. [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

I am FB friends with the wife of a HAL security officer. Her husband is at sea. . She gave birth last week and had to check into a hotel with her new born son on Thursday when they were discharged. She got home Sunday (to-day) and was very thankful for the electricity and all the prayers.

Hi all-

We just got off the Nieuw Amsterdam and although they all had their brave faces on and were working hard, you could tell the disaster was on the minds of staff.

In addition to thoughts and prayers, cash can be donated to the Red Cross relief efforts. Here's the link.

[url]http://www.redcross.org.ph/donate[/url]

-Paul