Indy vs Liberty Whats the difference

In addition to above post the Indy has Giovanni's and Liberty has Portofino. Other than that its just different itineraries. Indy doing a 6 and 8 day rotation while Liberty does a 5, 5, 4 rotation.

On Liberty you can book the ice show and I believe that you cannot on the Indy.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

Indy's shows are OLD and really terrible. In my opinion.

Also, since Indy spends 1/2 the year in England, their gift shop does not have typical stuff. It has things like Princess Diana books, clotted cream biscuits, etc. This was very disappointing to my daughter, who was maybe hoping for a teddy bear, tshirt, or tote bag.

To this day Liberty is still my favorite cruise I have taken! But for now I have this thing where I don't want to go on a ship twice until I have seen them all!! :)

Plus when i do cruise I want at least a 7 Night, so Liberty is out for now.

Have a great time on BOTH!

Liberty has penguins.

That was on day 1, now they are more differentiated. Since Indy is considered to be England's ship she did not receive the full Oasizing. She got the interactive guides in all the lobbies, a tv on the pool deck, and some general refurbishing but not much else. The Liberty of the Seas received those additions plus the Dreamworks experience and Saturday Night Fever (only non Oasis class ship with a Broadway show at this point). The Indy is not a loser in entertainment though, she was designed for longer Mediterranean voyages and has more shows than any of the other ships in the Royal Caribbean fleet. This may not be of any benefit though if it's a regular Caribbean sailing where their are not enough days to show the extra production and ice shows.

If it's a typical voyage length (about 7 nights) I would go for Liberty as the new features are beneficial. If it's a longer voyage (about 10 or more) the extra shows on Indy would be more beneficial.

Indy does not have a Logo Shop. A good part of the Royal Promenade store real estate has been devoted to selling alcohol, tobacco, and perfume. Our last cruise aboard Indy was the only RCI cruise we ever took where I bought NOTHING related to the ship or RCI only because there was NOTHING to buy. The production shows on Indy were horrible as was most of the entertainment last March.

I wish they would put Liberty on Indy's 8/6 night itinerary and Indy on Liberty's itinerary.

Indy does not have a Logo Shop. A good part of the Royal Promenade store real estate has been devoted to selling alcohol, tobacco, and perfume. Our last cruise aboard Indy was the only RCI cruise we ever took where I bought NOTHING related to the ship or RCI only because there was NOTHING to buy. The production shows on Indy were horrible as was most of the entertainment last March.

I wish they would put Liberty on Indy's 8/6 night itinerary and Indy on Liberty's itinerary.

I have always wondered that!! They Liberty has the better entertainment package and would have more for a 6-8 day cruise. The only reason I can see to keep the Liberty on a 4-5 is to attract first timers with their "best" styles of shows and Dreamworks