The Phillipines everyone should help !

julieh

After just watching the news and the suffering that the people of the Philippines are going through I really hope that every single person who has sailed or is sailing with Princess will donate to the disaster fund. We have always had wonderful service from the Filipino crew over the years and they have made our holidays so wonderful I think the least we can do now for them is to show our support and help their families.

Please donate now

Julie

One has to wonder how many of the crew members have family members who live in the heavily impacted areas. Hopefully Princess will allow them to use ship facilities to try to check on their families.

It must be horrendous not knowing if your family are ok. I am sure Princess will do all they can to help including donating money. Just think we can all play a part I have and hope others will too

Julie

One has to wonder how many of the crew members have family members who live in the heavily impacted areas. Hopefully Princess will allow them to use ship facilities to try to check on their families.

They are...

Hi Cruisinrabbit yes the Red Cross are taking donations. In the

UK we have a website called DEC but the Red Cross are part

Of this. If you search on website for Red Cross Philippines I am

Sure it will allow you to donate. If anyone in USA knows any site

Perhaps you could share on here please

Julie

Julieh - I want to donate. Where is the best place to give? The Red Cross?

The crew from the Philippines are all so wonderful.

Thanks for posting.

The UK has the Disasters Emergency Committee http://www.dec.org.uk where we can donate money. Don't know if the USA has a similar organisation.

Please see the Announcement at the top of the forums titled Relief Efforts for the Philippines at http://boards.cruisecritic.com/announcement.php?f=197&a=358.

I sincerely hope this information will be helpful to all.

Kat 50.gif

Edited by Host Kat >^..^<
typo

We were on the Royal during this and several crew members told us Princess was assisting them in contacting families. Would expect nothing less from Princess!

Edited by Happy2cruise

We were on the Royal during this and several crew members told us Princess was assisting them in contacting families. Would expect nothing less from Princess!

Sadly, it has been almost impossible to contact anyone in the heavily impacted area. One of our friends is asking someone from a neighboring province to travel in to determine if his relatives are OK. We were able to determine that my wife's family in Cebu is OK, but Cebu was not impacted like Leyte province. I feel for the crew and hope they are able to make contact and that all is well.

After just watching the news and the suffering that the people of the Philippines are going through I really hope that every single person who has sailed or is sailing with Princess will donate to the disaster fund. We have always had wonderful service from the Filipino crew over the years and they have made our holidays so wonderful I think the least we can do now for them is to show our support and help their families.

Please donate now

Julie

Some people here have there own problem and are unable to help.

riclop I appreciate that some people do have their own problems and can't donate and thats fine but the majority of people who cruise can afford to donate and many would be willing to but just get caught up in their every day busy lives and my post was just a gentle nudge to remind people to try and help the fillipino crew (and their families) who look after us all so well when we are on our holiday/vacation

Julie