dawn princess 15 November

I had to check work emails as soon as I was back to local networks. Sigh.

Waiting on Princess bus to go to airport. Lineup for taxis is huge.

Four times my cruise card needed to be replaced. Must be my magnetic personality. :p.

Do you store your card by your camera or with another key card by chance?

Perhaps, you wear a magnetic bracelet or something like that. I have had this happen to me as well.:D

They cleared the ship early. After all the pleas to stop people trying to get off before their time, at 9.10 they said if you were ready, then just to leave! I guess lack of immigration made the process quicker.

I have been thinking why the card failed so many times. I've never struck that before. This card was less than 12 hours old. And because we'd packed it was just on a lanyard on its own. Anything like credit cards and phone etc were either in a wallet elsewhere, packed in a bag or being charged in the cabin overnight. No reason to fail really.

They cleared the ship early. After all the pleas to stop people trying to get off before their time, at 9.10 they said if you were ready, then just to leave! I guess lack of immigration made the process quicker.

I have been thinking why the card failed so many times. I've never struck that before. This card was less than 12 hours old. And because we'd packed it was just on a lanyard on its own. Anything like credit cards and phone etc were either in a wallet elsewhere, packed in a bag or being charged in the cabin overnight. No reason to fail really.

Did you have your smartphone near your card?

Did you have your smartphone near your card?

No. It was charging in the cabin over dinner when I received a new card (when I couldn't access my bill). When I got back to the cabin for the night I took my lanyard off (:p) and next morning the phone was put in a bag and I put the lanyard back around my neck :p). So no contact.

I'm sticking with magnetic personality.

Aussieflyer you'll be delighted to know that maybe 80% of people wore lanyards.

Icat, did you Zumba again? I kept wondering trying to work out if you were but clearly would have no idea who you were. :)

Nah, I was a slacker. I didn't go.

I'm a lanyard girl. I forgot mine, so I had to buy another. Lots were wearing them.

Edited by icat2000

What did everyone think of the entertainment? I didn't enjoy it as much as I did on the Pacific Jewel. The food on the Dawn was great though, I manage to put on almost a kilo in the 4 days.

I didn't go to any of the shows so I can't comment. I can however, say I put on a kilo as well which I am trying to lose. Its those delicious bread rolls. They are weight gainers.

Edited by icat2000

I didn't go to any of the shows so I can't comment. I can however, say I put on a kilo as well which I am trying to lose. Its those delicious bread rolls. They are weight gainers.

I have to agree with you on the bread, especially the olive bread and focaccia. I also discovered my new love for greek yoghurt on this trip as well.

I have to agree with you on the bread, especially the olive bread and focaccia. I also discovered my new love for greek yoghurt on this trip as well.

Last cruise I put on 8.2 kgs in 4 weeks, eating, drinking and generally indulging and relaxing. :D

I thought the entertainment was rather poor. My mother enjoyed the horse lectures and Shimmer wasn't bad. The Elvis impersonator and his, well, smutty fat jokes were pathetic. I'm not a prude and enjoy Billy Connelly for instance but this guy was dreadful. The last night there were two different shows we wanted to see so chose the later one. When we got there, they'd cancelled it. So we ended up having to miss the other show we wanted to see. Not good customer service. They should have announced the cancellation so we could have gone to the other show.

I thought the entertainment was rather poor. My mother enjoyed the horse lectures and Shimmer wasn't bad. The Elvis impersonator and his, well, smutty fat jokes were pathetic. I'm not a prude and enjoy Billy Connelly for instance but this guy was dreadful. The last night there were two different shows we wanted to see so chose the later one. When we got there, they'd cancelled it. So we ended up having to miss the other show we wanted to see. Not good customer service. They should have announced the cancellation so we could have gone to the other show.

That is poor customer relations from the CD:(

Did you have to book in to see the earlier show or was it that you found out too late.:confused:

The earlier show was almost finished when we went to the lounge for the show we'd selected (but was cancelled). This was the last night and we'd planned our packing around seeing the show. So we just walked around a bit aimless then.

They make all sorts of announcements about things we don't care about and don't make them about things we do.

I'd probably rate the cruise about 7/10 and only that high because of the great weather. The general staff were good, food good, our table companions were actually rather, um, just unusual.

The earlier show was almost finished when we went to the lounge for the show we'd selected (but was cancelled). This was the last night and we'd planned our packing around seeing the show. So we just walked around a bit aimless then.

They make all sorts of announcements about things we don't care about and don't make them about things we do.

I'd probably rate the cruise about 7/10 and only that high because of the great weather. The general staff were good, food good, our table companions were actually rather, um, just unusual.

Yes, shame that it had ruined the evening for you.

You will just have to go on another cruise to get over the disappointment.:D

Last cruise I put on 8.2 kgs in 4 weeks, eating, drinking and generally indulging and relaxing. :D

Ok you win :p.

Puska, I missed the Elvis impersonator, but did see the shimmer and the welcome show. Having a set dining time was different and hard for me to get use to, but I was lucky to have good table companions.

Ok you win :p.

Puska, I missed the Elvis impersonator, but did see the shimmer and the welcome show. Having a set dining time was different and hard for me to get use to, but I was lucky to have good table companions.

I enjoyed winning but now have to lose for more than 4 weeks to get it back off.

Good table companions always make a cruise better.:D