The New Celebrity Captains Club is Here!

danrad

It is going to take a long time for us to become plus. They gave us 30 points per credit. We have 2 cruises book, a 5 day outside and 7 day Veranda. Those two would have given us 2 credits or 60 points, but we will only be getting 31 points for both. I don't know how they came up with the statement "We've made sure your progression to Elite Plus is faster than ever before". It certainly doesn't look that way from where I sit. I think they should Grandfather anything you already have booked.

When you think about it, if someone can afford the cost of the Reflection Suite, why would they need a $6.75 discount on a dinner???

I'm not sure about the statement you posted, I have never seen it, but then I'm only Select. I believe that it is harder to reach every level, something many wanted, since they thought it was too easy to become Elite, of course they wanted the changes after they already made Elite.

As far as why someone that can afford the cost of a suite would need a $6.75 discount on dinner. I don't think it is a matter of if someone can afford it or not or if it really matters to them to save $6.75. I would look at it (since I might never make Elite+), as it is something that I didn't have before. Anything that someone gives me, I'm appreciative of, even the ugly grey blouse my mom gave me one year for Christmas.

I'm sorry you are unhappy with the new Captain's Club, but hope you will have a Happy Thanksgiving anyway.

OK, now I understand. The back to back would not have earned anything extra for being more than 12 nights. You were mis-informed.

And even though you feel that a cruise booked under the old rules should gain points that way, the program was not set up to do that. They only converted completed cruises. It's too bad as it was possible for them to do it but it was also possible for people to cancel booked cruises after they did the conversion.

Maybe a compromise would have been to convert any cruises that were paid for and past penalty dates, but they didn't do that, either. So unfortunately, you are doomed to be disappointed, but I do understand your frustration.

Thank you for understanding,I really dont think the cc dose or do they care,I thought this was to help them get repetes,we found celebrity 3 years ago and not cruised with any one else,we have done 9 on canaval,1 holand,3 princess,and a nightmare on celabration,wish we would have done all with celebrity jay

Since we had booked our 2nd cruise in Feb for the main purpose of hitting Elite and find we will be a number of cruises away (even sailing aqua class which we always do) with the new plan we cancelled it. Found another cruise line with great price and islands we have not been to. We had already sailed the route of the Constellation on the Century. I really think they should have honored the cruises booked. It would have been a boon to them if they stated that all cruises booked by year end would qualify under the old system. Just think of the new bookings they could have had. Instead they are now down one booking.

Thank you for understanding,I really dont think the cc dose or do they care,I thought this was to help them get repetes,we found celebrity 3 years ago and not cruised with any one else,we have done 9 on canaval,1 holand,3 princess,and a nightmare on celabration,wish we would have done all with celebrity jay

Maybe you should try Royal. Their program is better...but then it would be..who owns who....

Since we had booked our 2nd cruise in Feb for the main purpose of hitting Elite and find we will be a number of cruises away (even sailing aqua class which we always do) with the new plan we cancelled it. Found another cruise line with great price and islands we have not been to. We had already sailed the route of the Constellation on the Century. I really think they should have honored the cruises booked. It would have been a boon to them if they stated that all cruises booked by year end would qualify under the old system. Just think of the new bookings they could have had. Instead they are now down one booking.

Gee, I guess I really don't understand all this complex cruising stuff. We've always looked for a great price and an itinerary with islands we've not been to. Looks like we've been doing it all wrong though, and should have made tactical bookings to maximize points instead of maximizing cruise enjoyment! :D

Have done 2 Celebrity cruises this year and bought 4 of those future cruise letters in May on the Summit. Used one in October on the Century and planned to use the others this winter and spring to get to 25, but with their new system that will not be possible. May do one cruise in the spring to see what they have taken away from us before booking any more. Several years ago as a Diamond member in RCCL I booked 3 cruises and on the second we had our last good cocktail party, the next cruise all they would serve us was white or red house wine by the glass and it was not that good.:(

Royal Princess, 10/18/14 Canada/NE, HAL 56 days, RCCL 104 days, NCL 28 days, Princess 214 days, Royal 14 days, Cunard 49 days, Celebrity 19 cruises.

Thought it had always been....You don't get credit for the cruise until you actually complete the cruise....Personally we don't cruise for the points we cruise because we prefer Celebrity and yes we are happy to be Elite and we are not sweating what we cannot change. Celebrity has thousands of cruisers and no way can they ever please them all no matter what the point system....

Thought it had always been....You don't get credit for the cruise until you actually complete the cruise....Personally we don't cruise for the points we cruise because we prefer Celebrity and yes we are happy to be Elite and we are not sweating what we cannot change. Celebrity has thousands of cruisers and no way can they ever please them all no matter what the point system....

Jaybird,

You are so right. I can read a review of a cruise and see that it was the worst in the world..nothing was right:eek:.....and the next review has 5 + stars..everything was perfect:D...same ship and same cruise.....:confused:.

I'm not sure about the statement you posted, I have never seen it, but then I'm only Select. I believe that it is harder to reach every level, something many wanted, since they thought it was too easy to become Elite, of course they wanted the changes after they already made Elite.

As far as why someone that can afford the cost of a suite would need a $6.75 discount on dinner. I don't think it is a matter of if someone can afford it or not or if it really matters to them to save $6.75. I would look at it (since I might never make Elite+), as it is something that I didn't have before. Anything that someone gives me, I'm appreciative of, even the ugly grey blouse my mom gave me one year for Christmas.

I'm sorry you are unhappy with the new Captain's Club, but hope you will have a Happy Thanksgiving anyway.

The quote was from the "Welcome to the Club" brochure we received outlining the new benefits. I am glad they did not change our perks, but I guess I am a very competitive person. We discovered Celebrity in Nov of '11. We made it a goal to become Elite within a year, which we did. I agree that "plus" is really not offering much, especially if you purchase a drink package which includes your coffee, but I always want to reach the next goal.

We were able to experience Seabourn this summer and we are going on our first HAL. Now our next goal is an Azamara experience.

The quote was from the "Welcome to the Club" brochure we received outlining the new benefits. I am glad they did not change our perks, but I guess I am a very competitive person. We discovered Celebrity in Nov of '11. We made it a goal to become Elite within a year, which we did. I agree that "plus" is really not offering much, especially if you purchase a drink package which includes your coffee, but I always want to reach the next goal.

We were able to experience Seabourn this summer and we are going on our first HAL. Now our next goal is an Azamara experience.

The ONLY way to know for SURE is to do it yourself. Do different ones and let us all know. We were Elite before we ever took a RCCL cruise so we had the D perks on our first cruise with them.

Shame for you. My future cruises (that are booked and paid for) would lose me too much if I cancelled, so I will just have to suffer and go on them and wait until I cruise a bit more before becoming Elite.:D

Edited by MicCanberra

Shame for you. My future cruises (that are booked and paid for) would lose me too much if I cancelled, so I will just have to suffer and go on them and wait until I cruise a bit more before becoming Elite.:D

You are right on that one! I have to believe there would have been a LOT of bookings to get to the next level. Maybe that will be one of their next promotions! Quadruple "points"!

We do a lot of 5 night ocean views. As it stands with the new program, it will take us 24 5 night ocean view trips to make the next level. If we took 4 each winter, it would take us 6 years to make plus. Why didn't they just leave it the way it was and add the 25 and 100 tier level benefits?

I can't wait until they have that quadruple point promotion, but they will probably add a lot of restrictions such as full price, no discounts for seniors etc, etc... :(

You are right on that one! I have to believe there would have been a LOT of bookings to get to the next level. Maybe that will be one of their next promotions! Quadruple "points"!

We do a lot of 5 night ocean views. As it stands with the new program, it will take us 24 5 night ocean view trips to make the next level. If we took 4 each winter, it would take us 6 years to make plus. Why didn't they just leave it the way it was and add the 25 and 100 tier level benefits?

I can't wait until they have that quadruple point promotion, but they will probably add a lot of restrictions such as full price, no discounts for seniors etc, etc... :(

You said on another post that it only took you a year to become Elite. I guess that's one of the reasons the program was changed. It was too easy to become elite through short cruises. We can only cruise twice a year, and we like to take longer cruises. Our 11 nights on a Celebrity Suite on the Equinox only gave us two old points. :confused: I think the new program is fair, it is also going to take us a long time to get to the Elite+, but I do hope to get there some day. We don't cruise for the CC perks, we like Celebrity's itineraries, smoking policy, service and overall experience. Hope you enjoy HAL this summer, Seabourn is on our bucket list!!!:):)

Apologies for singling out your post, but it's a good example of many I have seen here. Celebrity Captain's Club is a loyalty program. I don't see any loyalty in your post. I cruise for the experience of being on a cruise. The perks are nice to have, but not the driver.

Phil

Cannot see that happening, I do think that nights at sea is the fairest way to count points and I think that the new system is much fairer. That said, I am disappointed that the goalposts were moved during our game and after we took the penalty shot.

Like I said, we will keep cruising and just have to wait a bit longer.:D

I have been so busy that I have not checked these boards in eons. Have not even done a review of our summer cruise on the Silhouette, but will over the Christmas holidays so cruisers doing that itinerary next year can benefit from our observations, etc.

Anyway, I just found out about the new points system and was happy to find out that we am Elite+. I am not sure yet how the point system works, but we generally have cruise almost every year since 1998 when we discovered cruising. We tend to do longer cruises to Europe and usually get a verandah cabin. We did Concierge once but decided it really wasn't worth the extra money.

I must confess that the only benefits we generally take advantage of are the free laundry/drycleaning and the Internet minutes. We almost never go to the cocktail "hour," receptions, etc. We cruise Celebrity because we like the product they offer and feel very comfortable on their ships. We generally book a cruise because of the itinerary, and I assume that will continue to be the basis for choosing our cruise.

I guess what I am trying to say is that perks are a nice "extra," but we definitely would not book a cruise simply because we have those "perks." In fact, we very likely will try other lines in the future because the Celebrity itineraries have become too familiar.

I'm wondering if anyone has the CEO email address. I booked a cruise with celebrity in October in order to get my one point to Elite status and you guess it that raised the bar again. I only booked this cruise to get my Elite status because we always travel with another couple that is Elite and wanted to be able to spend my time together. I know I am not the only one effected by this but don't you think they should have grandfather those in with already booked and paid for cruises.

I'm wondering if anyone has the CEO email address. I booked a cruise with celebrity in October in order to get my one point to Elite status and you guess it that raised the bar again. I only booked this cruise to get my Elite status because we always travel with another couple that is Elite and wanted to be able to spend my time together. I know I am not the only one effected by this but don't you think they should have grandfather those in with already booked and paid for cruises.

Have you checked the web site for your point total? Most all I have spoken to and read about got enought bonus point to still hit Elite if they were one 7 day sailing away. We did.

That is a shame and I wish you luck.:D

One of the perks we enjoyed most : "priority tendering for Elites" does not seem to be there anymore. Or did I just miss it ?

Us too...got the magazine today...not listed there either. I have to call them regarding my upcoming cruise in the next couple of days...will have to ask specifically about that.

If you were one point away from elite, you now have 284 points on the new program. You could take one 7 day cruise in an inside cabin and still be elite....or if you want to take a shorter cruise, just three days in a concierge cabin would get you to elite.