They are doing alcohol and wine checks in Fort Lauderdale

PescadoAmarillo

We have not been on Princess for a few yeas but will be doing a South American cruise from Chile in Feb.

I understand the one bottle per person rule.

Does anyone know if this rule is practiced in all embarkation cities or if it is strictly enforced. What about port stops.

The reason I ask is that on our last Celebrity cruise, we brought four bottles (we each carried two bottles) aboard at a port stop in Portugal. We did not care if they were confiscated until the end of the trip as we has lots of travel ahead of us. It was a bit of a fortunate fluke. On other cruises, and in other port stops Celebrity was very vigilant.

Just wondering what anyone's actual experiences are in South America. We very much like wines from Chile and Argentina.

[quote name='iancal']We have not been on Princess for a few yeas but will be doing a South American cruise from Chile in Feb.

Does anyone know if this rule is practiced in all embarkation cities or if it is strictly enforced. What about port stops.

The reason I ask is that on our last Celebrity cruise, we brought four bottles (we each carried two bottles) aboard at a port stop in Portugal. We did not care if they were confiscated until the end of the trip as we has lots of travel ahead of us. It was a bit of a fortunate fluke. On other cruises, and in other port stops Celebrity was very vigilant.

Just wondering what anyone's actual experiences are in South America. We very much like wines from Chile and Argentina.[/QUOTE]

I don't think that there have been any South American cruises since the new enforcement policy has been in place....and its enforcement has been spotty, as well depending on the port.

[quote name='iancal']We have not been on Princess for a few yeas but will be doing a South American cruise from Chile in Feb.

[/quote]

Embarkation day enforewcment seems to vary from port to poort, so it is hared to predict what will happen next year in Chile.

In port stops, if they are inspecting they will keep the bottles for you until the end of the cruise.

We boarded the crown on Saturday... There were 3 of us and 4 bottles of wine. We each had one in our carry on which no one seemed to pay any attention to. I had a box from Total wine which contained some water and soda, and I had accidentally left one bottle of wine in there. I checked the box. When it came to the room, it had been re-taped and inside there was a note stating something to the effect that the box had been screened and that we MAY be contacted by someone to ensure we were not bringing on more than the allotted. As of now I have not heard anything further. This was a bottle I was going to bring to the dining room on T-giving for dinner anyway, so was preparing on paying the corkage fee.

Boarded the Royal on Nov. 17 with two bottles of wine in carryon. Went through x-ray and the screener yelled to some Princess personnel to check the bag. Not sure what they were looking for but they looked at them and that was it. I am guessing that they wanted to make sure it was wine and not liquor. No one else was screened. Yes, two bottles isn't much but we like to have a glass or two before leaving for dinner and always purchase wine at dinner. No wine packages were being sold.

Bill

Here is the wine list- I hope it's readable, but it's the best I can do while traveling.

[url]http://pescadoamarillo.blogspot.com/2013/11/part-1-emerald-princess-wine-list.html[/url]

[url]http://pescadoamarillo.blogspot.com/2013/11/part-2-emerald-princess-wine-list.html[/url]

Wine packages are being offered on the Emerald Princess Caribbean cruises.

[quote name='PescadoAmarillo']Here is the wine list- I hope it's readable, but it's the best I can do while traveling.

[URL]http://pescadoamarillo.blogspot.com/2013/11/part-1-emerald-princess-wine-list.html[/URL]

[URL]http://pescadoamarillo.blogspot.com/2013/11/part-2-emerald-princess-wine-list.html[/URL]

Wine packages are being offered on the Emerald Princess Caribbean cruises.[/quote]

[B]Thanks.. I see that a few of our favorites are no longer there..[/B] :(

[quote name='PescadoAmarillo']Here is the wine list- I hope it's readable, but it's the best I can do while traveling.

[url]http://pescadoamarillo.blogspot.com/2013/11/part-1-emerald-princess-wine-list.html[/url]

[url]http://pescadoamarillo.blogspot.com/2013/11/part-2-emerald-princess-wine-list.html[/url]

Wine packages are being offered on the Emerald Princess Caribbean cruises.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the wine lists, and it's [I][B]really great[/B][/I] :D that the wine packages are avaliable. We get on the Emerald Jan 28 for a B2B and are looking forward to some nice wines.

Howard