They are doing alcohol and wine checks in Fort Lauderdale

PescadoAmarillo

There needs to be (a) a quota or (b) bring as much as you can carry. PCL should have a Company-Wide policy so that someone boarding the CB in Houston doesn't get their third bottle confiscated while on the same day someone boarding the CO in Ft Lauderdale has sherpas carrying their 50 bottles of wine on baskets on their head.
I guess if the later happens to you, you can pass buy the purser's desk during your cruise and pay the corkage that should have been collected when you boarded. That way it will be fair.

OMG Howard, you are worse than my brothers! I have no idea at all. Dark blonde if it's a recent dye job up to yellow/grey if it's not. It doesn't lat long in salt water and sun, so I have no idea what I'll be.

And, BTW, thanks so much for asking!

;-)

MEN, huh!@ LOL I would love to read your blog...where can I find it please

This may be old news, but we're boarding the Emerald Princess today and there is a notice outside the terminal about the wine limits and it is being enforced once through security.

We boarded Sunday, 11/17. No checks what so ever. Weird.

Say hi to Antonio.

-Andrew :)

Not wishing to start a new thread re bringing wine onboard, so I hope you don't mind my post/query...

Are are 2 bottles per port still allowed? We'll be in European ports next year. Rumour is that you can only bring 2 bottles/couple only on initial embarkation, but maybe that's just with Princess Australia?

Not wishing to start a new thread re bringing wine onboard, so I hope you don't mind my post/query...

Are are 2 bottles per port still allowed? We'll be in European ports next year. Rumour is that you can only bring 2 bottles/couple only on initial embarkation, but maybe that's just with Princess Australia?

In October we sailed from Venice through the Med to FL & none of our bottles (embarkation or port) were charged a fee. If they charge a fee, they should record it on your account & if you don't bring your 1) 750ml/person/cruise during embarkation should be able to bring your fee-free bottles from a port of call.

Even if fees are being charged, Princess has said we can bring bottles onboard for them to hold until disembarkation for wine we want to take home. :)

The Princess rule is actually ONLY on embarkation but of course as you read it sometimes is not enforced.

I don't mind paying a corkage fee but I take exception to the arbitrary bottle limit for embarkation. Simply does not seem fair that if the rules are strictly enforced then it's the same bottle limit whether the cruise is 7 days , 10 days, back to back 20 days or heaven forbid 100 plus days for a world cruise. Seems to me the wine limit should very depending on the length of the cruise. Princess ... I hope you are reading these posts.

I will be boarding the crown on Saturday so will come back and post my experience. I am cruising with my husband and mother. I have just place my total wine order and plan on bringing 4 bottles. I do not plan on sneaking them, but will carry them aboard and certainly will pay the corkage fee (as there is a particular wine we would like to try for Thanksgiving). If they do not charge it, then I will consider myself lucky, if they do, then I will gladly pay it, I will still be saving in the long run, but am quite confident I will continue to incur a decent bar tab :p.

Pescado, thanks for starting this thread. So exciting to be reading your blog again. I was on one small blip of your emerald experience last winter so I am loving reading this years experiences!!

Dana

Are these wine packages available on a ship by ship basis? I've been looking through the celebrations catalog and am not finding anything on wine (beer, soda, coffee, etc. and wine for purchase by individual bottles). I'd definitely be interested in a wine package, just didn't know they were available.

Thanks for any info.

FWIW, we asked on embarkation and were told there was no Wine Package available on the Royal's 7 day Caribbean last week.

Just returned from the 35 day Dawn Princess cruise round trip from Sydney.

At Sydney embarkation the one wine bottle per adult policy was strictly enforced. We were reminded by multiple Princess staffers while schlepping bags to the drop off area to be sure any wine was in carry-on bags and that no alcohol was to be placed in checked baggage. Going through the security scanners our two bottles of wine were detected and challenged. I stated there were two adults in the cabin and was allowed to continue with a "no worries then".

At subsequent ports enforcement varied from not even a table in place to handle voluntary submissions to full enforcement with x-ray personnel identifying bottles sending them to the alcohol table. Of the 13 ports, only one or two had no enforcement.

One of the ship's security staff told us the level of enforcement was up to the Captain and that ours (Ivan Jerman) was very strict.

[quote name='donh1']I don't mind paying a corkage fee but I take exception to the [B]arbitrary bottle limit[/B] for embarkation. Simply does not seem fair that if the rules are strictly enforced then it's the same bottle limit whether the cruise is 7 days , 10 days, back to back 20 days or heaven forbid 100 plus days for a world cruise. Seems to me the wine limit should very depending on the length of the cruise. Princess ... I hope you are reading these posts.[/quote]
???-- Princess does not enforce a limit. If you are on a 7 day cruise, you can bring 7, 10, 14 or whatever bottles. If you are on a 10 day cruise, you can bring 10, 14, 20, or whatever bottles. There are no limits and nothing gets confiscated. You just pay for any bottle beyond your first one.

I suppose if you wanted to break this down by ratios, then on a 14 day cruise you would elevate up to 2 free bottles per person, and on a 21 day cruise, you would level up to 3 free bottle per person. But in the end, since the vast majority of cruises are 21 days or less, we are talking about a difference of $30 for those two extra bottles over the course of a 21 day cruise. Not enough revenue or expense difference to start having to make new rules and expect port workers to learn and follow them. This falls under the heading of: "Be glad that the rule is not the same as HAL's or other mass-market cruise lines, and stop looking the gift horse in the mouth."

[quote=JimmyVWine;40745094I suppose if you wanted to break this down by ratios, then on a 14 day cruise you would elevate up to 2 free bottles per person, and on a 21 day cruise, you would level up to 3 free bottle per person.[/quote]

Only if these were two and three different segments.

The rule is one bottle "free" of corkage fee when you board (can still be charged in the dining room) per segment. It is not per week.

All of the posts have been about people carring on their wine. We plan on taking a case of wine onto the Emerald Princess in January. Last fall in San Pedro we had a case of wine with our luggage that was delivered to our cabin. Has anyone had recient experience with this in Ft. Lauderdale?

We just got off the Crown in FLL and Last Sat. when we boarded we brought on 3 bottles of wine, 1 each for the 3 of us. There were warning signs all over that we were going to be checked for wine, but no one said a thing or checked.