They are doing alcohol and wine checks in Fort Lauderdale

PescadoAmarillo

Thanks for the update, we are sailing B2B on the Emerald starting on Dec. 29.

If you have a chance during your cruise, can you confirm that the Silver and Gold wine packages are available on the Emerald and is the current wine list still similiar to the one posted earlier this year by Largin back in March. Someone posted a wine list from the Royal when returning from Europe that was significantly different than Largin's.

Thanks for the help and enjoy your cruise!

Fair winds

Dave

[quote name=If you have a chance during your cruise, can you confirm that the Silver and Gold wine packages are available on the Emerald

Fair winds

Dave[/quote]

Are these wine packages available on a ship by ship basis? I've been looking through the celebrations catalog and am not finding anything on wine (beer, soda, coffee, etc. and wine for purchase by individual bottles). I'd definitely be interested in a wine package, just didn't know they were available.

Thanks for any info.

Not on the Royal.

At least not as of last weeks sailings. I personally know of one person who brought 6 bottles of wine on board without any questions. They weren't hiding it either because they were fully expecting to pay the extra fee. The embarkation was so chaotic that I think extra wine and liquor were the least of the priorities.

Burt

This may be old news, but we're boarding the Emerald Princess today and there is a notice outside the terminal about the wine limits and it is being enforced once through security.

I am looking at the Emerald on the FL webcam. Wishing you a great cruise! I love the Grand Class ships. Will follow along on your blog.

Regarding wine- they should enforce the limits otherwise there is no point in having them....like the speed limit. Enforce them or scrap them.

Bon voyage!

Norris

in Chicago

If you have a chance during your cruise, can you confirm that the Silver and Gold wine packages are available on the Emerald and is the current wine list still similiar to the one posted earlier this year by Largin back in March. Someone posted a wine list from the Royal when returning from Europe that was significantly different than Largin's.

Fair winds

Dave

Dave, they had the wine packages on the Emerald for the Sept 2013 TA, and the wine list was, I believe, the same as Largin's list.

I hope they have the packages on the Emerald, as we are doing a B2B on her beginning on the 28th of January.

Pescado, I see from your blog that you have colored your hair - what color should I look for in January/February? That's how I had planned on identifying you. :)

PS: I just waved at you - did you see me?

Howard

Edited by MGnut

Are these wine packages available on a ship by ship basis? I've been looking through the celebrations catalog and am not finding anything on wine (beer, soda, coffee, etc. and wine for purchase by individual bottles). I'd definitely be interested in a wine package, just didn't know they were available.

Thanks for any info.

It seems to vary by ship, but I've read here that cruises over 7 days long are usually the ones that offer it. Not beforehand, but on embarkation day at a table or from the staff in the dining room. I'm sure someone will post more info for you. :)

This may be old news, but we're boarding the Emerald Princess today and there is a notice outside the terminal about the wine limits and it is being enforced once through security.

I wonder if it's posted at Total Wine, too? ;)

Fair winds and following seas to you! Have a great time!

Looking forward to meeting you on the Emerald in February...:D

Regarding wine- they should enforce the limits otherwise there is no point in having them....like the speed limit. Enforce them or scrap them.

Agree 100%. The ship needs to capture the $15 per bottle in revenue, or else the whole model fails, at which point PCL might react by implementing HAL's new(ish) restrictions, and then where would we be?

Agree 100%. The ship needs to capture the $15 per bottle in revenue, or else the whole model fails, at which point PCL might react by implementing HAL's new(ish) restrictions, and then where would we be?

Heck, it was HAL's abrupt change in policy that brought me to Princess! Hopefully they won't change too, or I'll start to feel cursed! ;)

Fair winds

Dave

Here's the link to a PDF file of the Royal's MDR wine list from our TA to make it easier to compare to the Emerald's MDR wine list.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=292048&d=1383697791

Pescado, I see from your blog that you have colored your hair - what color should I look for in January/February? That's how I had planned on identifying you. :)

PS: I just waved at you - did you see me?

Howard

OMG Howard, you are worse than my brothers! I have no idea at all. Dark blonde if it's a recent dye job up to yellow/grey if it's not. It doesn't lat long in salt water and sun, so I have no idea what I'll be.

And, BTW, thanks so much for asking!

;-)

My girldfriend brought 8 bottles on the Crown this past Saturday and no one batted an eyelash. They are on a 7 night cruise.

There needs to be (a) a quota or (b) bring as much as you can carry. PCL should have a Company-Wide policy so that someone boarding the CB in Houston doesn't get their third bottle confiscated while on the same day someone boarding the CO in Ft Lauderdale has sherpas carrying their 50 bottles of wine on baskets on their head. Company policy has to be fleet-wide not a guessing game.

Real leadership at the top sets the expectations...right now it is fuzzy and lame.

Norris

I plan on paying the fee for additional bottles of wine but don't care if it's not strictly enforced which saves us money for wine we drink in our cabin. No one gets a bottle confiscated & it's allowed with a fee...or many times no fee which doesn't bother me.

Edited by Astro Flyer

Thanks for that.

Enjoy the next cruise, we will see you in 10 days :D

In the meantime, we will continue to read your blog.

good morning , i enjoyed the blog last year but didnt save the address ...can someone repost the address for the blog....we just got off our 2nd trip on the emerald last week and it was wonderful as always...thanks!