Captain's Club Website updated NOW

omeinv

I will still take cruises and not worry about the level or spend extra to chase after it. If I cruise enough I will be "rewarded". To spend excessive money to get a few free drinks and etc doesn't make any sense. Get a drink pack and drink when and what you want and not be limited to a few drinks, in designated bars and hours.

Plus by the time I ever reach elite plus or above I will probably be very old and can't drink because of all the meds that I will be taking. I think that is the plan, give them free drinks because they wouldn't be able to drink. Perks aren't really perks if you can't use them.

🎄🎅

I guess you have never been to an elite cocktail hour. Us oldies can drink, LOL.

I just checked my status for my Nov. 30th cruise and I have been updated to elite plus also:)

Since i can't get anything to show up for my status - should I be concerned that our February cruise, that we paid in full for last week, says "booked" on my "My Celebrity" page?

(I can get that page but if I try to do anything further it says "We are currently unable to process your request. Please try again later."

It has said that for weeks but it just struck me that maybe that "booked" should be "paid".

Final payment is Monday.

Anyone know when the new benefits will begin?

Thanks

M

I was told by the CC hostess on the cruise I just got off of that the new benefits will roll out ship by ship immediately after it is officially announced.

The new benefits will start on the next cruise on each ship (not during the current cruise). So the rollout will be staggered since some cruises are 4 nights, some 14 nights, etc.

They already have all the new banners and everything they need onboard including Q&A sheets describing the changes.

Thanks for the tip, MaxSales -- my status is also updated on my Xpress Pass for December 28 cruise.

Hey Max,

Great find! We too, printed out our new Xpress pass for our 21 Dec Panama Canal cruise -- Elite Plus! Not sure what that means as of yet? Michael's Club would be great, but whatever. Great Job Celebrity!!

Enjoy!

Kel:)

Hey Max,

Great find! We too, printed out our new Xpress pass for our 21 Dec Panama Canal cruise -- Elite Plus! Not sure what that means as of yet? Michael's Club would be great, but whatever. Great Job Celebrity!!

Enjoy!

I think Michaels club is pretty much out of the picture...it's for zenith and penthouse/royal suite cruisers....that's already been implemented.

Since i can't get anything to show up for my status - should I be concerned that our February cruise, that we paid in full for last week, says "booked" on my "My Celebrity" page?

Our cruises that have been paid off in full also say "booked" on the first screen.

But when I click on "View Payment Details" that is where it shows

Total Balance Due $ 0.00 USD

and down below that it says

"Your balance has been paid in full"

Scrolling further down the screen is the section headed

My Vacation Payment Summary

which shows all our detailed payment information.

But if you gave your booking to a travel agent, then your Celebrity account will no longer allow you to see any of your payment information at all and you would need to get it from the travel agent.

I'm sure some of you math wizards will figure out what the equation is where the cabin level x days = and then exceeds the old program. So that if one is considering say booking a 7 night cruise - what the cost per day price of moving up from a Veranda to a Concierge would be given the available points. There has to be a correct cut off point $ wise. Does anyone else get what I'm saying? I'm sort of confusing myself! LOL Darn wine.

I think Michaels club is pretty much out of the picture...it's for zenith and penthouse/royal suite cruisers....that's already been implemented.

I hear you -- but four people in Michael's club seems like a lonely proposition!

I'm good with any venue!

Enjoy!

Edited by kelmac

I totally agree with you. It would have been almost impossible to cover all eventualities in the programming.

As I said, I have always found Celebrity to be very fair, and I am hoping that a tactful call to Captain's Club will resolve this situation in a positive way for my friends.

Thank you for your good wishes.:)

When Celebrity started you got one credit for each cruise you took. We have been members since our cruise on the Meridian. It was a 14 days cruise and we got 1 credit. We take longer cruises and usually cc cabins.this year we took a BtB 11 days in Australia and 18 days transpacific both in a CC cabin. We got 2 credits for the first leg and 3 for the second. We could gripe that they should have changed it to days cruised.

**** happens and there is nothing you can do about it.

If the program stayed the way it was and your friends became Elite they could have been sharing the Sky lounge with 2000 people on the transatlantic cruise. I can tell you from experience it is not worth the bother.

It says we are now Elite plus and not a hope in hell getting to the next level in this lifetime so we will take what is on offer and be happy after all it is supposed to be about the experience.

On other lines like Princess we had to have 15 cruises before we became Elite.:confused::confused::confused:

On other lines like Princess we had to have 15 cruises before we became Elite.:confused::confused::confused:

Princess is 15 cruises or 150 days. I now have 11 cruises and 110 days with Princess. There you get 2 bottles of booze, free laundry and 250 minutes of Internet time. Their Elite is comparable to Celebrity elite. I see their logic.

Most are pretty useless:

New Five-Star Mariner

At the top of the tiers with 500 Cruise Day Credits earned, Five-Star guests enjoy the benefits of all Star levels below, plus new discounts and extras, including a 50 percent discount on a 100-minute Internet package, two complimentary dinners at the Pinnacle Grill (surcharge only) and one complimentary day-pass per cruise to the Greenhouse Spa and Salon Thermal Suite. Five-Star guests also receive one complimentary Culinary Arts Center cooking class per cruise. Guests aboard ms Prinsendam receive a third complimentary Pinnacle Grill dinner, in lieu of a day pass since the ship does not have a Thermal Suite.

Additional Star Level Benefits:

Star Mariner

Guests who complete their initial cruise with Holland America Line are automatically enrolled in the Mariner Society’s first level, earning cruise days toward future cruises and an exclusive collectable gift. Among the features of Star Mariner status: special offers on select sailings, 50 percent discount for third and fourth guests on select sailings, a relaxing Welcome Back Embarkation Brunch on future cruises, a subscription to the Mariner Magazine and a Mariner Champagne Brunch on future cruises.

Two-Star Mariner

After 30 cruise day credits earned, Two-Star guests receive all the amenities of a Star Mariner plus shopping discounts, featuring 15 percent off merchandise purchased from ShopHollandAmerica.com and 10 percent off logo apparel items in the on-board gift shops. Two-Star Mariners also will receive a complimentary ship photo and an annual cruise planner and special recognition pin.

Three-Star Mariner

With 75 cruise days earned, Three-Star guests automatically are given all Two-Star amenities plus generous discounts off select spa treatments; a 25 percent discount on select wine packages, mini-bar purchases, Explorations Café drinks and specialty restaurant surcharges; special advanced notice of new itineraries; and a waiver of air deviation fees.

Four-Star Mariner

With 200 cruise days earned, Four-Star guests enjoy the benefits of all Three-Star levels amenities and complimentary wine tasting and laundry/pressing; a 50 percent discount on select wine packages, mini-bar purchases, Explorations Café drinks and alternative restaurant surcharges; a 15 percent discount on logo apparel items in the on-board gift shops; priority tender service, check-in and disembarkation; a free subscription to Food & Wine or Travel + Leisure magazine; and the bonus of free fare for third and fourth guests on select sailings.

On our Panama Canal cruise and Transatlantic it was too crowded in the Elite Lounge. I would have liked to have vouchers. it wasn't offered at that time. Last year on the Reflection we had the drink package so didn't even go. We also had friends with us that we're not Elite. I' m looking forward to my cruise on the Eclipse next Saturday. My express pass already says Elite Plus!::D::D

When Celebrity started you got one credit for each cruise you took. We have been members since our cruise on the Meridian. It was a 14 days cruise and we got 1 credit. We take longer cruises and usually cc cabins.this year we took a BtB 11 days in Australia and 18 days transpacific both in a CC cabin. We got 2 credits for the first leg and 3 for the second. We could gripe that they should have changed it to days cruised.

**** happens and there is nothing you can do about it.

If the program stayed the way it was and your friends became Elite they could have been sharing the Sky lounge with 2000 people on the transatlantic cruise. I can tell you from experience it is not worth the bother.

It says we are now Elite plus and not a hope in hell getting to the next level in this lifetime so we will take what is on offer and be happy after all it is supposed to be about the experience.

Don't know why you say S*** happens about the accrual of points from your two cruises. Under the new system you would have received 55 points for the first cruise and 90 points for the second. You received 2 credits for cruise one now worth 60 points and three credits for cruise two now worth 90 points. So you actually made five additional points under the old system.

I just checked my status for my Nov. 30th cruise and I have been updated to elite plus also:)

Hi Gail! We missed elite plus. We would have made it if we did 2 four night cruises instead of one of our 10 or 11 night ones. All our cruises but 3 have been longer ones. We got screwed by doing that. The CC rep said even though we have twice as many sea days as other elite plus too bad... lol it's not the extra stuff (don't use 1/2 the internet now) but it was the principal of it all and I told the poor guy to stick it!

Hi Gail! We missed elite plus. We would have made it if we did 2 four night cruises instead of one of our 10 or 11 night ones. All our cruises but 3 have been longer ones. We got screwed by doing that. The CC rep said even though we have twice as many sea days as other elite plus too bad... lol it's not the extra stuff (don't use 1/2 the internet now) but it was the principal of it all and I told the poor guy to stick it!

Won't you make it for the next cruise. Are you in a veranda for the Eclipse? That will give you 42 more points?

From the Captain's Club section of the X website, just now:

http://www.celebritycruises.com/capt...its&cS=SIDENAV

Preview Tier

As a Preview Member**, you'll receive complimentary access to our Captain's Club Loyalty Desk service center and a Captain's Club newsletter with the latest program news and information.

Classic Tier

As a Classic member**, you'll receive complimentary access to our Captain's Club Celebration event. You'll also enjoy great ways to save with exclusive onboard premium offers.

Select Tier

As a Select member**, you'll enjoy all the benefits of a Classic member, plus discounted Internet and laundry service specials.

Elite Tier

Our Elite members** know that loyalty yields great rewards, including complimentary Internet and laundry services and complimentary Captain's Club cocktail hour.

Elite Plus Tier

Our Elite Plus members** In recognition of our most devoted Elite members, we have created Elite Plus - delivering a higher level of recognition with greater benefits, including additional beverage and specialty dining discounts, complimentary 200-minute internet package, cappuccinos, lattes, and more.

Zenith Tier

Our Zenith members** The highest of Captain's Club membership - Zenith - is designed exclusively for our most loyal guests, offering the qualkity benefits and perks befitting this ultimate level of membership, such as complimentary beverage package, access to our exclusive Michael's Club Concierge Lounge, complimentary laundry, and priority seating in theater.

The points info is not updated on the website yet, let alone any conversion formula, but it's clear that 1 "old" point is equal to 30 new points. Indeed, no indication that anyone will lose anything they have now.

Elite retains a "cocktail hour", although no mention of a lounge, so I suspect vouchers.

Elite Plus will get 200 minutes of internet, and discounts on specialty restaurants and drink packages, and some free coffee drinks.

Zenith, free drink packages, and "Michael's Club Concierge Lounge" (whatever that turns out to entail)

Harris

Denver, CO

Thanks!!!

You can only see it with Internet explorer 11. Most if not all other browsers or earlier versions of IE flash. Safari also flashes.

I even tried Moxilla and it would not work. But I don't want to have to upgrade to Explorer 11 just to see it. They need to fix the website so it works!!!! IE 9 should be fine to see it. Worked before the conversion so should work after.

Won't you make it for the next cruise. Are you in a veranda for the Eclipse? That will give you 42 more points?

Oh yes we'll make it for Feb. The point is we got screwed by doing longer cruises. Nothing we can do (well a lot more favors) and maybe my own martinis. We won't spend a dime over our shipboard if we can help it and even plan on taking some of that out too which we usually don't do because I like to have martini's and also the molecular bar. I know it shouldn't bother me but it really does and I can't help that. See you at the hotel where I will be having cocktails! And yellow snapper... Best in Ft Lauderdale the last 2 years...

Oh yes we'll make it for Feb. The point is we got screwed by doing longer cruises. Nothing we can do (well a lot more favors) and maybe my own martinis. We won't spend a dime over our shipboard if we can help it and even plan on taking some of that out too which we usually don't do because I like to have martini's and also the molecular bar. I know it shouldn't bother me but it really does and I can't help that. See you at the hotel where I will be having cocktails! And yellow snapper... Best in Ft Lauderdale the last 2 years...

I'm surprised that is will be changed by Saturday.

See you Friday, this is going to be one fun cruise.:D:eek::D