Anthem of the Seas Big News

EJNutz

Ok so she'll be based out of Southampton, but what kind of itineraries are we looking at? Canary Islands?

Straight from the article...

"Anthem -- the second in the Quantum class of new builds -- will divide its time between Southampton, offering Mediterranean cruises; and Fort Lauderdale, Florida, offering Caribbean cruises during the winter months.

The line would not say where Independence would be deployed after its winter 2014/15 itineraries in the Caribbean. Nor would it be drawn on giving more detail on Anthem's itineraries."

Woo Hoo!

Looks like we'll get a Quantum ship in Florida as many of us had hoped.

Anthem -- the second in the quantum class of new builds -- will divide its time between southampton, offering mediterranean cruises; and fort lauderdale, florida, offering caribbean cruises during the winter months.

Have I missed the Wow announcement? I tuned in at 5.15 to watch and it's just an orchestra? Is it just me, but who cares? I want to know about the ship, not music they may play on it! All this build up for weeks for that!? Am I missing something!!?

I am going to guess no. I think they will winter her in....drum roll please... Port Canaveral. But then again, she is built for cold weather, so maybe a few Southampton to NY transatlantic trips to give Cunard some competition?

Oh yes!! Please..please bring her to Port Canaveral! I could then see her from

my roof top!! :D

Some of you just cannot be pleased. :rolleyes:

When the Quantum was announced it was done in small parts and to this day there is still a lot to reveal. RCI is known for giving details in spurts when it comes to new ships.

That's fine, and your right still a lot to reveal, but I just find this strange and a little disappointing for such a huge huge build up to only reveal that!

Just been watching the live podcast, or whatever they call it but lost the transmission. Great news for the UK and for Southampton.

Looking forward to cruising on Anthem from the UK as soon as we can but just a shame we will have to book through a Guatemalian call centre.

Maybe when Anthem goes into service they will bring Indy back full time, get rid of the the cannisters of blood clot things that they sell, put the LOGO shop back where it belongs, upgrade the shows, and leave us Freedom class ship lovers in peace.:)

Maybe when Anthem goes into service they will bring Indy back full time, get rid of the the cannisters of blood clot things that they sell, put the LOGO shop back where it belongs, upgrade the shows, and leave us Freedom class ship lovers in peace.:)

HUH????:confused::confused:

People around me are wondering why I'm laughing out loud.:D

Since you're flying in from Calgary, why don't you just fly into New Jersey instead of Florida?

Because then I have to stay in New Jersey, or get an over priced hotel in New York and then get to the port some how. Atleast if I fly into Florida I can enjoy some great weather pre cruise, and go visit Mickey and the Gang and then get on the boat.

Plus I think the itineraries for Quantum are a bit rough, I either have to go for over 7 days or I only get to go to the Bahamas/Port Canaveral. While I'd love to go on Quantum, it just isn't worth it between the itineraries and the amentities in Florida from my point of view. If there was a Bermuda itinerary, then maybe I would cruise out of NJ....maybe.

Like I said, hopefully the next ship in the Quantum class lands in Florida. :)

Some of you just cannot be pleased. :rolleyes:

When the Quantum was announced it was done in small parts and to this day there is still a lot to reveal. RCI is known for giving details in spurts when it comes to new ships.

You have a point, that is their history with new ships. But when they title it: "Special Announcement - Expect to be WOWED. More Than Ever Before" then I expect I little more than they gave us today.

The home port locations and they'll be playing music on-board is not exactly more WOWED than I've ever been before. But then I guess that's their M.O. when it comes to announcements as well.

It doesn't really matter, I won't be sailing on her next week and sooner or later we'll see all of the ship(s). None of their ship classes have ever let me down and I doubt this one will either.

Edited by The Grumpus

Yes,you should:):) I know Bob would agree..

So when Indy became "Britishized" they got rid of the LOGO shop and started selling items that I think only the British know about. So Indy comes back to the US loaded with these cannisters containing stuff called (I think) clotted cream biscuits. I am sure you can imagine what big sellers those months old cannisters were, too. I had made the comment one time that the only stuff in my world that clots is blood. So there you go... cannisters of blood clot things.....;):)

So when Indy became "Britishized" they got rid of the LOGO shop and started selling items that I think only the British know about. So Indy comes back to the US loaded with these cannisters containing stuff called (I think) clotted cream biscuits. I am sure you can imagine what big sellers those months old cannisters were, too. I had made the comment one time that the only stuff in my world that clots is blood. So there you go... cannisters of blood clot things.....;):)
Thanks.......Now I have a visual I can't get rid of:rolleyes:

Still plenty of room in Port Canaveral for another ship or two. :)
exactly:)